• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Garchomp, Scizor event distributions announced for the US: Serial codes to be availab

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Garchomp, Scizor event distributions announced for the US: Serial codes to be available with ...

From now until June 30, 2014, a serial code to receive a special Garchomp or Scizor will be available with the purchase of the Pokémon X and Y games. Scizor's serial code will be available with Pokémon Y and Garchomp's serial code will be available for Pokémon X.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Garchomp, Scizor event distributions announced for the US: Serial codes to be ava

I absolutely hate these kind of distributions. The fact that they choose to do this MONTHS after the release and not at the same time is beyond me. I know, Christmas is just around the corner, but couldn't they have just had this going from the beginning, since the majority of the fans have already bought the game(s)?

Re: Garchomp, Scizor event distributions announced for the US: Serial codes to be ava

I was considering it until I saw Wal-Mart. 8U At the risk of sounding pretentious and snobby, I don't ever shop there.

at leat you all in the sates get opportunities to get such things us here in the third world countries are forgotten by the big gaming companies

So the US is the only place where these have been given away? I would love to know what moves or Ability they have. Likely Mega Stones attached to them.

They probably won't have mega stones considering try are available in game. Most likely they will have hidden abilities.

Really? I always buy the game on launch, or at least within a couple days.

While I really dislike that this type of distribution is taking place after the launch of X & Y, props to the Pokémon Company for actually using the serial code feature. If I remember correctly, there were like no infrared Mystery Gift promotions for Gen V, which made me wonder why they added that feature in the first place. But not only have there been a few international serial code distributions, but they've all happened within a couple months since the release of X & Y. I hope we get more of these distributions (preferably in more areas, of course).

This is kind of a dick move to anyone who pre ordered the games.

This is kind of a dick move to anyone who pre ordered the games.

Or anyone who bought the game before this.

This does suck, honestly. I assume they're doing this to attract more Pokemon fans to the game who haven't bought it yet. I'm not to fussed over all of this, though.

Yea it's not like their special and I understand the reasoning. The only reason I'm upset is because I feel like I missed out on a wi fi gift for supporting the franchise.

I wish they'd just make it a wi-fi gift for anyone who owns the games. That would still attract players (as you obviously have to own the game to participate in the event), right?

This seriously infuriates me. It feels like a punishment for those of us who got the game(s) on or near launch. Sure, I could pick up yet another copy of the game but do I want to? I'm spending $40 for a one time use code. It just doesn't seem worth it.

Come on, Nintendo. Do these as Wi-fi gifts, not this serial number, one time use stuff. That way I may not sitting here, seething while I smack my head into a wall.

I agree with all of the negativity here.
I think the notion of serial codes is very dated as it is (like older anti-piracy measures and region locking...which Nintendo never gets up to speed on. Someone should teach them agility, but I digress), but at least it had potential. But this...this is just stupid. I mean firstly, why should someone starting a new game get a Garchomp or Scizor as soon as they've beaten the Santalune forest? And several months into the games release, too!
If you count all the current distributions, that means someone buying the games from the (detestable) Wal-mart, they can start off their game with a starter, whatever they catch until the first town, a Speed Boost Torchic, Garchomp and/or Scizor (if they bought both versions).

There doesn't seem to be anything special about these Pokemon, so I don't see any reason to be disappointed about the way they are distributed (although I strongly agree that they should distribute them, and any other Pokemon, over Wi-fi). I haven't read anything about their IVs, so I'm assuming they are not perfect.

If there's anything to be disappointed about, it should be their lack of "special".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom