• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gary and Iris return

I'm curious as who will voice Iris in the English dub, since Eileen Stevens left the anime during the 2nd half of Sun & Moon.

They could probably still get her back to reprise her role. Bill Rogers moved to LA awhile ago, but still came back to voice Brock in SM and the Mewtwo remake.
Especially since I remember reading 1-2yrs ago something about Lisa Ortiz working between LA/NY and the dub accordingly being able to recruit talents from both coasts?

Tbh wasn't he ALWAYS around Ash's level?
Yes, but Ash has gotten stronger (when not using rookies). It's funny how OLM used Gary's Electivire to humble Ash almost immediately after his Battle Frontier victory (and then made it much worse by having Paul's Elekid add salt to the injury).

I think Iris will give Ash a run for his money simply because PWC battles aren't supposed to be easy (and her team could easily contain Haxorus and Garchomp in addition to Dragonite). But Gary should be tougher, especially if he has a Mega/Dynamax Blastoise.

Yeah, Gary and Ash are supposed to be “equals”. It seems that Ash is far ahead of Gary now due to the latter being written out after DP. Also, I hope they make Gary the Virdian City gym leader. It would be a nice call back to the games and it is something that should have happened after Johto ( he could still do the research gig on the side).

Gary's a personal rival; he'll always be around Ash's level no matter how little sense it makes based off what the characters are doing; see how he became a researcher while Ash was engaging in intense battles during AG then Gary still beat him at the end of that series.
Are you an order of the stick fan?

Looking at Gary's team, part of me hopes we'll see Blastoise gygantamax which would be nice, give Gary a reason for showing Blastoise off
Knowing this series is suffering from Dynamax phobia (which I can't blame them considering most of the battles we've seen have not been good), watch somebody else get it instead.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom