• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gary's sister?

domesticshorthair

Reaction score
I'm not sure where this would go, but did Gary, or the rival, anyway, have a sister in the games? At least in the first two? Or was it his mother as well? I vaguely recall a female at the rival's house. Can't remember if it was his sister or mother. Never seen her in the anime, of course, but maybe I'm confusing things.

Yes, and she would offer to cut hair if you came in the morning. It was his sister.

...I keep hearing the name Daisy, but I'm not sure.

She was named May in The Electric Tale of Pikachu.

Funny that she didn't make it into the anime.

I think she's a game exclusive, like a bunch of other stuff are anime exclusive.

Yeah, she only exists in the Games and a few of the Mangas.

The writers of the anime probably did not know where to place her in the first episode. It's only at the beginning of the game that she does anything, so introducing her any other time would seem too late. So she's effectively non-existant in the anime.

yeah she'll massage your pokemon to make them like you nicer then gary ever was

It would be weird if she actually showed up now. First off, if she still a contest master like she was in the games, then wouldn't Dawn had mentioned her when she met Gary? Something like "OMG the grandson of the poet Professor Oak at the little brother of the Princess of Kanto, May/Daisy Oak!". And for that matter, I wonder what her name would be in the dub, since Daisy and May are already taken, but I guess they could go with the Italian or French translations.

Anyway, she only has a sister in the games, but expecting her to show up now is like expecting the other two trainers from Pallet to show up.

If she *did* appear on the show, I wonder if they'd retcon the timeline of the fourth movie. The movie established Oak to be just a bit older than 50, and if he has a granddaughter in her late teens...

(And here you thought Oak's age was messed up in Special where he's apparently the same age as Pryce despite Pryce being a dried-up old prune)

She is manga and game only. In the Special, she is called Daisy while in the Electric Tale of Pikachu, she is called May. She appeared in the first two Gen games and the Gen I games remake. I think she has no name in the games.

I think this thread would have to be moved.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom