• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: Gateway Into Autumn - November/Fall Themed Prompts

Catz

Goodnight Everybody!
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Decided to try my hand at a month-long list of prompts to write for some stimulation/practice since I've been a little slow on inspiration and writing in general. Hope you enjoy at least some of these ^▽^'

prompt list:

1 - crisp air
2 - memories
3 - tea time
4 - rainy
5 - carriage ride
6 - star gazing
7 - mysterious
8 - early sunsets
9 - historic
10 - cozy
11 - shooting stars
12 - gloomy
13 - cuddling
14 - scarecrow
15 - gratefulness
16 - stellar constellation
17 - blanket
18 - rain boots
19 - hugs
20 - mist
21 - fireplace
22 - steaming mugs
23 - wind
24 -puddles
25 - moonlight
26 -Thanksgiving
27 - gray sky
28 - smoke
29 - apple cider
30 - lanterns

Crisp Air
Hi everyone! A little short one to start out, since I didn't really have an idea for what to do for this one hehe.

It was an especially chilly morning in Eterna Forest.

Normally, Cheryl barely needed more than her normal attire to go out to the dense Sinnohan woods like always, but it was that time of year again, and the temperature was bound to follow suit. But it was the kind of cool she enjoyed. Not the kind that would freeze you half to death, but that slight edge to it, almost like it's reaching out to you to embrace it.

She looked up at the sky, tinted a fading orange as the sun began to rise over the horizon. It reminded her of the trees surrounding her, once brilliant shades of green in the summer, now slowly shifting into warmer reds, golds, and oranges. Stray leaves fluttered in the rough breeze, one snagging against Cheryl’s warmer clothes. She pulled it off and looked at it for a moment, admiring every part of it. The rich red hue it had was vibrant, like that of a blazing fire type. She brushed a finger over the surface, feeling the intricate textures, as if they were meticulously crafted to the last detail. She released her grip and let it fly into the air with a deep breath. The scent of oak along with other various mingled scents filled her nostrils. It was cold out this morning, but Cheryl never felt warmer.

It reminded her of home.

Memories
Little late for this one, but still technically on time-
This one's a bit of a longer one compared to yesterday's so that's neat. I wanted to try something emotional (or as emotifor this one, so I hope I at least somewhat got a grasp on it.
Also minor content warning I think (minor mentions of abuse)

I think that's everything, so without further ado, I hope you enjoy!

I can’t do this.

Lillie’s heart pounded profusely as she was led into a familiar place. She tried her best to stay calm and not have a meltdown there and then, but sooner or later, she had to face her fears. With a shaky breath, she placed her foot on the wooden boardwalk, and everything came rushing back to her.

It felt like a dream, almost lucid, as if the past was repeating itself all over again. She was only six at the time. She could feel the tight grip of her mother’s hand, her nails piercing her tiny wrists as she and her brother were pulled into the Ula’Ula Meadow. She tried to pull away, but her tiny legs only scuffled weakly against the wooden pathway. Her brother Gladion, although stronger than her, still struggled to pull back himself. She remembered distinctly that the lush flowers surrounding them were a deep shade of orange, complimenting the season at the time; it was the only thing she could focus on besides trying not to cry.

She was thrown into a pile of flowers first, the gentle petals brushing against her exposed arms as she landed on the hard ground with a thump. Her brother was thrown along with her, landing on his chest rather than his behind. He gritted his teeth in pain as he turned around to face their mother. She stared at them blankly, not an ounce of feeling behind her shrouded monochromatic gaze.

“Go on, do something.”

Her voice was laced with a hint of annoyance as she commanded them to do something after dragging them against their will and throwing them into a field of flowers without warning. She didn’t even treat them like humans. It was like they were nothing but mindless pawns to her, forced to do whatever she wanted without consequence, like some sort of pet. Lillie knew this was wrong, but she knew she couldn’t do anything about it. Her unconfident nature combined with the fear of invoking her mother’s wrath kept pulling her back. If she obeyed long enough, she could do something about it. Be the daughter her mother wanted. She would be happy, and stop doing these things. Right?

Sadly, life was never that easy.

Her eyes narrowed to slits as she folded her arms.

“Do something.” she repeated, her voice bordering hostility.

Choking back tears, Lillie reached out for a stray flower and gently plucked it, hugging it close to her tiny chest. It felt nice, just to hold in her arms. It felt like a hug, a warm, caring hug. Not an unfeeling, forced one. Something gentle, full of feeling and life.

“Lillie?”

Her eyes snapped open and darted around for a moment. She had been pulled farther into the meadow, Selene next to her. Her hand was tightly locked around her own, and she could see the worried expression etched across her soft features. She wanted to pull back, almost as an impulse, but she held on a little tighter.

“I-I’m fine.” she replied, a little embarrassed; how long had she been out?

She tensed up when Selene used her other hand to gently hold on to her arm.

"I know it's a little hard to come back here after all this time. The memories haven't quite faded yet?"

Lillie nodded, a little frustrated she couldn't bring herself to reply, but slightly grateful in case she accidentally blurted something out.

"Well, there's always a chance to start over. We can make new memories together, can't we?"

Lillie felt her face heat up all over again at her words, touched by her thoughtfulness. She understood truly what she went through, not just settling for fake sentiments; she really did care. For once, she finally felt that someone other than Gladion was looking out for her.

Selene sat down on the wood, gently patting the spot next to her for Lillie to follow suit. She sat down next to her and her eyes widened a little at what was in Selene's hands. A single flower was gently resting within her fingertips, the plant a stunning fusion of red and gold adorned petals, flourishing in the gaps of light the shrouded canopies provided.

"Here, this is for you. Think of it as a token of a new beginning." She said, holding it out for Lillie to take.

Lillie took the flower and just looked at it for a moment. It reminded her of that day again, but it felt different.

Better.

She bit her bottom lip gently, choking back strained tears at the gesture. Selene furrowed her brow at her reaction.

"D-Did I do something wrong?" She asked hesitantly. "I can take it back–"

Lillie sharply shook her head, thrusting the flower to her chest in a familiar embrace.

"Thank… you." She forced out, leaning a little closer to her partner. Selene smiled and wrapped her arms around Lillie in a tight hug.

"Its ok," she murmured quietly in her ear, stroking her long hair with her hand.

As they sat together in a harmonious silence, Lillie was reminded that memories are delicate, fragile things, but that's what makes them truly special.

And she couldn't ask for a better one than this.

Tea Time
AHH LATE ENTRY I'M SORRY TwT

I fell asleep before I could even finish it I was so drained yesterday (if you've seen my latest entry in my blog you'll know why), but here it is d:
Another short one but call it short and sweet I guess lmao

I hope I can do something longer for today's actual entry, but I hope you at least enjoy this one as always!

Erika loves tea, and everyone who knows her, friend or not, knows this as a fact.

Chamomile, Green, Herbal, she'll drink them all. Tea makes her feel something coffee will never give. It gives life, fills you with something different than that small spark of adrenaline. It may feel nice to start with, but once you lose it, you'll simply wilt away.

Tea makes you feel things you weren't even capable of feeling, gives you that burst that feels almost infinite. The kind you want to wrap in an embrace, like the hug of a family member. She could drink tea every day if she wanted to, so she did just that.

At 11am every day, Erika would make her tea, softly humming to herself as she prepared the hot water and the teabags. Once it was ready, she'd sit down at her dining room table and pour herself a cup. She took a sip, and it felt like that first taste of bliss all over again. She never missed a beat with this routine, always punctual without fail. Tea helped her get through the struggles of life, and reminded her of the beauty of nature she knew so well already. Sabrina wouldn't say this to her girlfriend's face, but it kind of reminded her of a grandmother.

Yet here she was, sitting across from Erika, a cup of tea in her hands. The sharp tang of ginger fluttered in her nostrils as she brought it closer to her face, the warmth radiating from the wooden cup. She had to admit, she'd do anything for her girlfriend, but this felt strange.

Her morning drink normally consisted of a dark coffee, never tea. It felt foreign just to stare at it, let alone drink it. She looked up and stared into Erika's hopeful expression, and she felt her face heat up a little, not just from the tea. She had to do this, for her. The last thing she wanted was to disappoint Erika. Besides, there's a first time for everything, isn't there?

She let out a soft breath and took her first sip. The ginger combined with the heat clawed at her throat viciously as it slid down into her stomach. It lingered for a few moments and she coughed.

"Has a bit of a kick to it, huh?" She joked a little with a shaky smile.

Thankfully, Erika took the joke with a lighthearted giggle, seemingly unphased by her initial reaction.

"Ginger has that effect on some," she replied.

Sabrina shrugged and tried another sip, the effects feeling slightly toned down than before, as if her body had adjusted to it. It made her feel warm and fuzzy inside. Her expression must've shown it, because Erika piped up again.

"Feels better now, doesn't it? That's the power of tea." She said with a smile.

"Power of tea? I still think coffee is better." Sabrina replied with a casual shrug.

"That's only because you've had it for so long. Give it more of a chance, trust me,"

Sabrina knew she couldn't just shoot down her proposition then and there. While she loved her coffee to death, maybe some tea wouldn't hurt to have once in a while. She was right, there was just something different about it, a feeling coffee hadn’t quite given her before.

Before she knew it, she had soon joined Erika in her teatime endeavors.

Back
Top Bottom