• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

G'day all.

pie said:
Yeah, true. Poor Brock, needing to be forced away from the women he loves XD

Well, if he could find a single girl to settle down with and possibly calm down when around her, Max wouldn't have to pull his ear all the time. Brock is a great guy, but he needs to find a girl who will love him back, and a girl who will accept his ackwardness towards girls.

pie said:
Yes! Yes, exactly. That's always weirded me out about the May fanboys. Maybe if it were Jessie or Nurse Joy or Prima, I'd understand, but... a little girl like May? *shudder*

Agreed! Children should be children, and should be able to enjoy their childhood. They shouldn't have to be the objects of the desire of 30 year old fanboys who smell bad.
Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny are adults! They are kinda cute. They are the ones who the fanboys should be looking at, not children!

pie said:
Also, you have put the image in my head of Max looking for Poliwag at a river and it's cute. X3 <3

Awwwwwww, how sweet! That is a very cute image I must agree. Imagine Max catching after a poliwag and then it jumps out of his hands and lands on the top of his head, while water runs down Max's face. What imagery.

Well, if he could find a single girl to settle down with and possibly calm down when around her, Max wouldn't have to pull his ear all the time. Brock is a great guy, but he needs to find a girl who will love him back, and a girl who will accept his ackwardness towards girls.

Yes, yes, very true. If and when he finds the right girl, they'll be a very happy couple... but unfortunately, that's not gonna happen any time soon, I think, since he's supposed to be a comic relief that way. :x

Agreed! Children should be children, and should be able to enjoy their childhood. They shouldn't have to be the objects of the desire of 30 year old fanboys who smell bad.
Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny are adults! They are kinda cute. They are the ones who the fanboys should be looking at, not children!

Pssssh. Might want to hope the other Scott doesn't read that. XD

Yeah. It really is weird that the fanboys ogle the little girls, not the adults... :x

Awwwwwww, how sweet! That is a very cute image I must agree. Imagine Max catching after a poliwag and then it jumps out of his hands and lands on the top of his head, while water runs down Max's face. What imagery.

Aaaaah~, so cute *_*

pie said:
Yes, yes, very true. If and when he finds the right girl, they'll be a very happy couple... but unfortunately, that's not gonna happen any time soon, I think, since he's supposed to be a comic relief that way. :x
Yeah, he is comic relief, but with the humble upbringing he had and how wonderful he was to raise his siblings... I think that he deserves more. Other characters have matured, he needs to mature some now. Maybe in DP that might happen. We shall see! :D

pie said:
Pssssh. Might want to hope the other Scott doesn't read that. XD

Yeah. It really is weird that the fanboys ogle the little girls, not the adults... :x

Maybe I want the other Scott to read that.

But yeah... why DO fanboys ogle the little girls... when instead they should be wanting to play with them, and have tea parties, or maybe pokebattle with them! I feel that some characters really should be thought of as innocently as they are intended to be thought of. Just my two cents.

I'm sure Scott87 is trustworthy, especially if he can burn Scott85 like that. :lol:

I would guess that I am trustworthy. I am just a Max fan who likes to smile and pick flowers... oh, and I like to chat too. :D

Yeah, he is comic relief, but with the humble upbringing he had and how wonderful he was to raise his siblings... I think that he deserves more. Other characters have matured, he needs to mature some now. Maybe in DP that might happen. We shall see! :D

Yeah, maybe... hmmm. (I have a fanfiction I've been trying to work on that you might like. It tries to give him the relationship he deserves. I made a character who, by accident, would work out so well with him. :x )

Maybe I want the other Scott to read that.

But yeah... why DO fanboys ogle the little girls... when instead they should be wanting to play with them, and have tea parties, or maybe pokebattle with them! I feel that some characters really should be thought of as innocently as they are intended to be thought of. Just my two cents.

You? Should stay here. Forever. I can tell we have good times ahead. :D

Yeah, I agree completely. But... well, I guess some fanboys are the tail end of Sharpedo. :x

pie said:
Yeah, maybe... hmmm. (I have a fanfiction I've been trying to work on that you might like. It tries to give him the relationship he deserves. I made a character who, by accident, would work out so well with him. :x )

Wow, that could be interesting. Is she as socially ackward around the opposite sex as he is? That would be the founding of a very rewarding relationship, the kind that Brock truely deserves. I am sure that if he found the right girl, Max would just smile and keep his hands away from Brock's ears! :D

pie said:
You? Should stay here. Forever. I can tell we have good times ahead. :D

Yeah, I agree completely. But... well, I guess some fanboys are the tail end of Sharpedo. :x

I might just stay here a while, maybe... just maybe. As I have said, I might just write a Masato fanfic. Just depends if I have the time.

Yes, some fanboys seem to just be weird. Take Misty fanboys for example. I haven't met many who obsess over her chest size or anything like that, because Misty was drawn as a child, and some fanboys aren't looking for that. The instant that you introduce a character that is over-developed though, you attract fanboys who notice these things on a child... and never notice them on an adult. I might never understand why, but whatever. That's their thing, and there's no way to change how they feel.
That's what I like about Max. He was never drawn to emulate an adult. His attitude and looks seem to be more of a true child... not someone to fantacise about in an adult way, but someone who you would like to have as a little brother, or as a son.

Well, I am just going on and on, and I think that I really need to get some sleep... so I'll post more on this tomorrow maybe.

Wow, that could be interesting. Is she as socially ackward around the opposite sex as he is? That would be the founding of a very rewarding relationship, the kind that Brock truely deserves. I am sure that if he found the right girl, Max would just smile and keep his hands away from Brock's ears! :D

Worse. She's not only awkward, but she's very modest, and so she gets timid and scared around guys she likes. A friend of mine has jokingly started calling her the "shrinking violet", because of that and her purple hair. ^^o

How it usually goes... and how it's gone in the fanfic plot, in an RP, and even on the Sims - surprisingly frequently out of my control... well, let me just quote how I described it here:

"Brock wants a girl (duh). Brock meets Ariel. Brock doesn't do well putting moves on Ariel. The two take to each other as friends instead. Ariel quickly becomes as interested as Brock in more than friendship. Brock couldn't be less aware of this. Ariel is shy. Ariel decides to forget shyness and makes a small flirtateous move towards Brock. Insert near-immediate chain reaction of love, hugs, kisses, makeout sessions, marriage proposal, and things which cannot be discussed in public in a mature and responsible manner."

I've never been a fan of matching canon characters with original characters, but the two are just cute beyond words and the more I try not to ship them the more they get shipped in my work anyway.

I might just stay here a while, maybe... just maybe. As I have said, I might just write a Masato fanfic. Just depends if I have the time.

Yeah. If I didn't kill my free time over at Bulbapedia, I could write volumes of fanfics...

Well, I am just going on and on, and I think that I really need to get some sleep... so I'll post more on this tomorrow maybe.

Okay. It was great to meet you and talk to you, and I hope to talk to you more tomorrow. ^^

(Hahaha, I can't get over how different the Scotts are XD)

Hi Scott87! ^_^

And welcome to Bulbagarden!

It's nice to meet you. :)

As for me, I'm known around here as the local Ash fangirl. Yes, it's true. Ash is my favorite character, and I love him VERY much. <3

Also, for some reason, I tend to like the male characters more than the female characters (I mean, I like both Misty and May, but I'm not the kind of person to get into any debates about them, cause I like them both the same, lol).

Anyway, Brock and Max have always been my second-favorite characters. I like both characters because they're very funny. Brock's funny around girls that he likes, and Max is funny when he pulls Brock's ear (I agree, that must be painful for Brock though, ^^o ).

Max is a great kid, and I can see why you like him so much, Scott87. And by the way, one of my favorite episodes is, "There's No Place Like Hoenn", where Ash first met Max. That was hilarious, cause Max kept making fun of Ash, by calling him Alph. And then he kept going on about Ash losing in the Johto League. XD LOL.

Well, it seems as if your intentions are innocent enough. I think that I approve of you Max fan. Welcome aboard, and greetings from another Masato fan.
I lol'ed at that a lot. XD
Anyways hiya there Scott! :D

pie said:
Worse. She's not only awkward, but she's very modest, and so she gets timid and scared around guys she likes. A friend of mine has jokingly started calling her the "shrinking violet", because of that and her purple hair. ^^o

Purple hair can be cute, and a fragile flower might be just what Brock needs. He is the type who loves taking care of people and pokemon, I think that he would be able to love and cherish a girl like this.

pie said:
"Brock wants a girl (duh). Brock meets Ariel. Brock doesn't do well putting moves on Ariel. The two take to each other as friends instead. Ariel quickly becomes as interested as Brock in more than friendship. Brock couldn't be less aware of this. Ariel is shy. Ariel decides to forget shyness and makes a small flirtateous move towards Brock. Insert near-immediate chain reaction of love, hugs, kisses, makeout sessions, marriage proposal, and things which cannot be discussed in public in a mature and responsible manner."

Awww, how sweet. Being a very shy person in real life, I myself find it easy to identify with this character... even though I'm a guy and she's a girl. But besides that, it seems very much like Brock to be completely oblivious to the fact that someone really likes him, how often has that actually happened? Also, at the same time, I love the idea of friendship turned to love in a story. It makes for a bond that you wish would happen, and eventually does happen.

pie said:
Yeah. If I didn't kill my free time over at Bulbapedia, I could write volumes of fanfics...

I have been the same way over the past 3 or 4 years. I used to write a lot (parody fanfics, humor stories, and other such things), but I have been going through a bad case of writer's block as well as being very busy... so although some fun light-hearted fan fiction could be the thing to cure my writer's block, who knows.

pokemontrainerlisa said:
As for me, I'm known around here as the local Ash fangirl. Yes, it's true. Ash is my favorite character, and I love him VERY much. <3

Awwww, Ash is a fun character indeed! He can be a little dull at times, but I believe this to be because he was a sheltered child who is experiencing many things in the world for the first time.

pokemontrainerlisa said:
Max is a great kid, and I can see why you like him so much, Scott87. And by the way, one of my favorite episodes is, "There's No Place Like Hoenn", where Ash first met Max. That was hilarious, cause Max kept making fun of Ash, by calling him Alph. And then he kept going on about Ash losing in the Johto League. XD LOL.

Well, it has been established that Max can be a little bratty sometimes, but what kid isn't? Sometimes I think that he teases Ash mainly because he really thinks that Ash is great and admires him, but doesn't know how to say that.

Whoa...

A Max Fanboy?

Don't see one of those...like, ever. :p

And yes, the Scott85 relation is freaky weird. But as long as you don't mention Misty, he ain't so bad. :p

BTW, you can label me as a Kricketot/Seviper/Carnivine fanboy, of sorts.

Purple hair can be cute
All my characters I create usually have that hair color.

Last edited:
Purple hair can be cute, and a fragile flower might be just what Brock needs. He is the type who loves taking care of people and pokemon, I think that he would be able to love and cherish a girl like this.

Awww, how sweet. Being a very shy person in real life, I myself find it easy to identify with this character... even though I'm a guy and she's a girl. But besides that, it seems very much like Brock to be completely oblivious to the fact that someone really likes him, how often has that actually happened? Also, at the same time, I love the idea of friendship turned to love in a story. It makes for a bond that you wish would happen, and eventually does happen.

Yeeees. Exactly. There's a lot of levels on which they work - and yet there's still times I feel a little guilty about 'shipping them, since there's a lot of negativity attached to the idea of matching original characters with canon characters... but there's no canon character to match with him who makes such a sweet couple with him. :< (Maybe I'll just have to start working for Game Freak and make her into a canon character. XD)

I have been the same way over the past 3 or 4 years. I used to write a lot (parody fanfics, humor stories, and other such things), but I have been going through a bad case of writer's block as well as being very busy... so although some fun light-hearted fan fiction could be the thing to cure my writer's block, who knows.

Oh man, I know exactly what you mean. My first step into the Pokémon fandom was onto a fanfiction message board... I used to write really crappy fanfiction back then, and entire series were shorter than my individual chapters tend to be now, but I was definitely writing more then. *sigh*

Maybe we'll both have to help each other defeat the accursed writer's block! XD

pie said:
Yeeees. Exactly. There's a lot of levels on which they work - and yet there's still times I feel a little guilty about 'shipping them, since there's a lot of negativity attached to the idea of matching original characters with canon characters... but there's no canon character to match with him who makes such a sweet couple with him. :< (Maybe I'll just have to start working for Game Freak and make her into a canon character. XD)

Well, it would be good to at least have a character somewhat similar written into the anime that would resemble yours, mainly because the time has come that Brock should no long be confined to being a running joke in the anime.At least it would make sense.

pie said:
Oh man, I know exactly what you mean. My first step into the Pokémon fandom was onto a fanfiction message board... I used to write really crappy fanfiction back then, and entire series were shorter than my individual chapters tend to be now, but I was definitely writing more then. *sigh*

Maybe we'll both have to help each other defeat the accursed writer's block! XD
Well, with being a member of this forum and actually starting to post in forums might be a good step in the right direction... who knows. Writing is one of those things that can be done on command, but only is done well when it's done for pleasure. One has to have some inspiration before they write well... which I used to feel like I'd never run out of years ago.

Welcome to bulbagarden Scott87. I hope you enjoy your stay here and it's true what everybody says. You are a mirrored from the other Scott on our forum. Ironic huh? heh.

FullMasta said:
Welcome to bulbagarden Scott87. I hope you enjoy your stay here and it's true what everybody says. You are a mirrored from the other Scott on our forum. Ironic huh? heh.

Yeah, so I've heard. I think I'll be looking around this forum in the next few days for this "Scott85" person... maybe I can give him a lesson on how a fan is supposed to behave. If he really likes May so much, maybe he should be having fantasies about having a tea party with her, or dressing up dolls with her... something innocent... hell, even a pokebattle maybe. She's a child, and isn't supposed to be thought of in the way that he thinks of her as.

I think I'll be looking around this forum in the next few days for this "Scott85" person... maybe I can give him a lesson on how a fan is supposed to behave

I love you already.

For a second, I thought Scott85 had ..... decided to leave the forum and made a good bye post
Wishful thinking.
Welcome, Scot 87. The other Scott is quite the pest, and not only here but on IGN and serebii, although much more on the latter.
I hope you teach him the true art of being a fan. Not even I always think perverted thoughts of Shinji
yeah, that's my love.
I love him to bits and have intimate fantasies but still have fun fantasies. We play Wiisports together, discuss life, enjoy nature, and he even teaches me Japanese! It's not all about sex, I also love him like a hero too.
So I'm part innocent with him and part naughty.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom