• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Gen 4 Pokemon

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Niantic is nearly done adding Hoenn Pokemon to GO. Sinnoh is next. When do you guys think Gen 4 Pokemon will come to GO?

September or later, I think. They have enough time to release 1st legendary anniversary, a few more Special Research Mythicals and the Regi trio, tying in with Regigigas as the first Gen 4 release.

I have heard lots of points about this theory that make lots of sense to me.

Yeah I would think (hope) they would at least go through all the Regis before starting Gen IV, which could easily happen over the summer with gen IV arriving in the fall.

At least after August though.
But since Gen V has larger roster than Gen IV, I can predict Gen V will arrive a year after Gen IV release.
Don't expect to see Minccino replacing Pikachu, or Boldore and Emolga joining the Psyduck and Zubat trip until two years later.

And for Riolu, he could be treated differently compared to other Baby Pokémon though. This little fighting raccoon would be a surprise to many if Gen IV is going to be released.

You guys should start saving up your candies for the following Pokemon because they got new evolutions in Gen IV:

Magneton
Lickitung
Rhydon
Tangela
Electabuzz
Magmar
Eevee
Togetic
Aipom
Yanma
Murkrow
Misdreavus
Gligar
Sneasel
Piloswine
Porygon-2
Kirlia
Nosepass
Dusclops
Snorunt

You guys should start saving up your candies for the following Pokemon because they got new evolutions in Gen IV:

Magneton
Lickitung
Rhydon
Tangela
Electabuzz
Magmar
Eevee
Togetic
Aipom
Yanma
Murkrow
Misdreavus
Gligar
Sneasel
Piloswine
Porygon-2
Kirlia
Nosepass
Dusclops
Snorunt
Indeed. I have enough saved up for everything except Gallade, that's a tricky one. Mostly hoping for a Ralts CD before I try too hard there.

Saw a list on FB with how much candy will be needed(50-100) and max CPs. Dont know how reliable it is. Interestingly tho it also said that Leafeon and Glaceon will also require weather(sunny/snow) to evolve which makes sense. No mention of new evolution items.

I'm not looking forward to them adding so many more evolution items. They already have stupidly low drop rates and there's only 5 (if I counted right) currently. They are probably going to be adding Dusk, Shiny, Dawn, Electrizer, Magmarizer, Protector, Reaper Cloth, Razor Claw, Razor Fang and Dubious Disc for another 10. I know you can get a guaranteed one from 7 day streaks, but that's 1 a week and it's still random - if you're really lucky you'll get the one you want, and if you're even luckier you won't get any repeats.

Interested to see whether they add any special requirements for the move based evolutions (Lickitung, Piloswine, Yanma, Tangela, Aipom) or location ones (Magneton, Nosepass, Eevee) though.

I haven't even seen a single Yanma, it doesn't seem to spawn anywhere nearby at all, so looks like Yanmega is off the table. :(

There is a rumor about an "evolution event" that will be next week. This event will kick off Gen IV in Go. This was made by the same user who leaked the existence of the earlier Water Festival. Here's what it says:
  • Gen 4 evolutions of previous gen Pokémon (they mentioned Magmortar, Electrivire and Rhyperior specifically)
  • New evolution items, including elemental stones (not sure about this, they never had fire stone and such so I'm confused)
  • Double XP for evolving and spinning Pokestops
  • Pokémon max storage increased to 2000
  • Increased rate of evolution items from Pokestops
  • Increased spawn rate of evolved Pokemon
  • Gen 3 evolutions finally released in the wild (except Milotic)
  • New quests that reward evolution items
  • New raids with previous evolution item Pokémon (they mention Scizor as example)
  • New shop boxes with lucky eggs and raid passes
  • We will get a new update before the event

I really hope this is true.

For Eevee CD, evolutionary stones to ensure desirable evolutions for Shinies and Leafeon/Glaceon release would be great. This would only leave Sylveon out for a gen 6 release way later.
Clamperl could finally get released alongside its 2 unique evolutionary items as well.
Rhyperior is a big favourite and will probably be meta-relevant too. Mamoswine's another one I'm really looking forward to. Roserade/Weavile are also nice glass cannon leads, I even have 100% versions of their pre-evolutions on hold. Togekiss, Tangrowth, Honchkrow and Poyrgon Z are all cool. The rest (including Magmortar since I'm pretty set with a Fire team) are just neat dex entries except Gallade, ugh. Too much hard-to-find Ralts Candy I'll have to use there :(

Regardless, I've been saving up lots of Candy waiting for such a release, and I'd be really glad to see it pay off this soon.

I can see Spiritomb and Carnivine being raid boss-exclusive if rest of Gen 4 comes out. I can see.

Also, if any of Gen 4 cross-gen Pokémon will go as Raid Boss, I would love to see Roserade, Gallade, Magnezone or Rhyperior with Raid-exclusive movesets. (Roserade, Gallade and Magnezone take ORAS Wally's specifications, Rhyperior gotta be Rainbow Rocket Giovanni's specification.)

Since it's hard to get a Ralts even in Cloudy weather, I gotta love to see Gallade in Raids, no matter if he has exclusive movesets based off Wally's Gallade in ORAS or not.

On an extra note, I feel hyped to build themed parties in GO, such as ones based off ORAS Wally's team (Roserade/Gallade/Magnezone trio), or Leafeon/Flareon/Vaporeon (Grass/Fire/Water Eeveelution party, based off SM/USUM Hau's Eevee's possible Eeveelution paths).

Could see Carnivine being a regional. Already got some Pokemon ready for gen 4 to drop, got my 100% Rhydon and Piloswine to level 40. Could use some better Eevee for Glaceon and Leafeon tho. Caught a level 34 or 35 male Ralts a while ago that is waiting to become Gallade.

I could see Spiritomb as a raid exclusive (tier 2-4) and Carnivine as a regional. But there probably will be more per category. Chatot may end up unreleased for a while because of Chatter (unless it's just changed to just dealing damage like Present) and could also be raid exclusive or regional.

Aren't there still a few Gen 3 Pokemon unreleased? Nincada, Kecleon, Clamperl, I think. Will they move onto Gen 4 stuff before those are out?

edit: Isn't Smeargle still not released too? I guess they could move on then.

There appear to be some big hints about Gen 4 getting released soon, despite the previous leak being incorrect.
Bonus points, the lower-tier Raids running alongside Regirock have an increased amount of Pokemon with Gen IV evolutions. Roselia and Tangela are new additions, Rhydon and Piloswine are back in, Kirlia stayed around...

I could see Spiritomb as a raid exclusive (tier 2-4) and Carnivine as a regional. But there probably will be more per category. Chatot may end up unreleased for a while because of Chatter (unless it's just changed to just dealing damage like Present) and could also be raid exclusive or regional.

Spiritomb could be event-exclusive Pokémon for Halloween event, similar to what Delibird was meant for Christmas.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom