• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen 4?

i don't play gen 4 at all anymore, but i still play gen 3.

I still play Gen IV because there are certain things in the games that I wish made it to Gen V, such as rebattling gym leaders, the underground, and the Sinnoh region, which I happen to love. I play Platinum and Diamond more than Heartgold because there's more for me to do. I like my White, but I can't find much else to do to keep me interested as the Gen IV, and even Gen III (I'm replaying Sapphire and FireRed) are.

I haven't touched my HeartGold in a while. Like...in months. It's way too boring and there's nothing to do. There's plenty to do in Platinum, though! I'm taking on the Battle Tower with just Mewtwo, Darkrai, and Arceus again. >D It's fun.

I don't notice anything about "speed". o3o Maybe I'm not picky, and I know I'm not observant, but seriously, complaining about how 'fast' a game is just seems insanely nit-picky to me!

I play my SS wayy less now that I have White, but I've only once transferred pokes from SS to White once, and that was just to get Zororak.

But after I finished White I restarted my PMD2 I'm playing it like crazy now.

And I'm planning to buy Platinum soon, I've never had one of the D/P/Pt games and I'll probably play that for a while.

I always have this thought that if I ever transfer my Emerald Pokemon, my Platinum Pokemon, or my HeartGold Pokemon to my main game, I won't have a good main party to travel that region with when ever I want to go back one day and experience that game again. That's one reason why my White version doesn't have all my past buddies yet. The point is that, because I enjoy every region, I can't let go of them or their Pokemon until a remake is made. Also, they're needed for collecting purposes. So yeah, when all this B/W craze dies down, I'll go back to the region that started it all for me, Johto, and also pay a visit to the last region where Contests were present to really flesh out the experience before they disappear forever from the franchise.

I still play them, since I have not gotten White yet. Still have to train pokemon to transfer to White. I started playing my Emerald again after re-finding it.

Nope, because the speed of Gen IV games is atrocious. The animations go so freaking slow, as does the PC. I can't stand it. That and I'm too used to the animated Pokemon in gen V.

Gen III and V were my favorites.

I don't play any at the moment. I got bored of BW but I have Sapphire/Pearl/Platinum/Soul Silver and White. If I'm likely to pick up and play any of these soon, it will be Soul Silver. Not that impressed with White.

Nope, because the speed of Gen IV games is atrocious. The animations go so freaking slow, as does the PC. I can't stand it. That and I'm too used to the animated Pokemon in gen V.

Gen III and V were my favorites.

If you hated the speed, try this:

1. Press Start or X.
2. Select options.
3. Turn off animations and turn text speed to "Fast".

There, it should be much faster in battle now. Wi-Fi will still be slow, but that's because the netcode is terrible for Gen IV and V. It tries to sync everything, which is why it lags online.

No, I only really use Gen 4 to help complete my Pokedex in Gen 5.

I still haven't gotten to the Elite Four in Platinum, but I don't even have the will (and patience) in me to do so anyways.

Not really, I transfered every single Pokemon I wanted from Platinum to Black. I might restart the former, though, so I can get another starter, probably shiny as far as my expectations go.

That and I got White as well, that I still have to play through to see the differences and catch the version exclusives. :D

Nope, haven't even touched Platinum or SS since ages ago. I reckon the games will look weird once I play them again :p

Not really. I transferred all my Pokemon, so it would be almost pointless to play them anyway. I never cared for P/D/Pt, and although I loved SoulSilver, since B/W came out it's hard to go back

No. I'm going to use Poké Transfer and transfer all my HG Pokémon to my copy of White (if I can somehow get access to another DS)

I don't really play my Pearl anymore. It's not that I don't like to play it, it's just that I'm too busy with White. But, I still need to transfer Pokemon over from it, so I might play it more.

I still play both my Platinum and SoulSilver games, and even my Gen III games (well, LeafGreen mainly--Ruby is so featureless compared to Emerald, which I lost the cartridge of).

I can't deal with being unable to freely grow berries, and that kind of helps me go back to it; not to mention the more detailed higher resolution incomplete backsprites sometimes beat out the low-res freely moving backsprites for me. The Battle Animation speed's kind of slow, but I always set text speed to Fast and the animations to Off if I don't care about them anymore.

I also need to try to catch and transfer a higher variety of Pokémon from there.

I still play it, namely for Action Replay purposes only (I don't play Gen IV anymore when it comes to wifi trading or fights, sorry)

well I feel like I dont have anything left to do in white, and can't really do anything in heartgold till I get guys traded to mesto I started playing diamond again because I never beat it.

I don't have Black or White, so I'm still playing SoulSilver. I plan on starting a new file on Pearl soon too.

Mostly I'm too poor/cheap to buy White, but they are big disappointments to me. I'm waiting for Grey, hoping it won't leave out all the good stuff this time. Who knows? My Poke-career might end in Gen IV.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom