• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen 7 Legendary Revealed?? (SPOILERS)

Garren

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score
Just saw this on Serebii, pretty weird and/or creepy depending on how you feel about humanoid Pokemon:

2lc4idw.jpg

The backpacker who talks about another region in the hotels you visit gave me this item - this was on the fourth day I found and spoke to him.

There was also a maid outside who hinted that you maybe shouldn't sell the item or throw it away, so it'll obviously be of use at some point in the future. The backpacker also states that the region he's talking about is not any of the previous five.

Could it be that the Region the other dude says we'll see "soon enough" isn't Hoenn like people are guessing, but we'll have a new region soon?

I won't be surprised if we'd encounter another region within Generation 6.

Again folks, we can't just pattern things from the previous generations no more, GF is turning really, really different now.

I mean we really don't know that the 3 Kalos legendaries are the only 3 Kalos legendaries. The games haven't been broken yet so we're only finding out about pokemon as we come across them. Or if content is added later on via DLC, we aren't going to know about it right away.

It could be a new region or one of the spin-offs were going to revisit with changes. However, my bet is on the former since the item appears to be a tiki or moi statue.

We are definitely not getting an in-game teaser so early for Gen VII. Not trying to pattern here, but it just wouldn't make any sense.
Specially more so now than ever since they actually can hide stuff from the players: there's very likely at least an unseen legendary so far, and we still don't know much about Zygarde.

It could be a different region in the same Generation (I'd hope so)... or this legendary could be awakened even in Kalos for some reason and this region be unseen for now.

Garren said:
Could it be that the Region the other dude says we'll see "soon enough" isn't Hoenn like people are guessing, but we'll have a new region soon?
It's the same person. I knew that the "You'll see it in due time" reference wasn't alluding to Hoenn. So much for people thinking that Game Freak are going out of their way to hint at remakes.

Infinity Mk-II said:
or this legendary could be awakened even in Kalos for some reason and this region be unseen for now.
But the backpacker says that we'll see the actual region. I know that he mentions a facility and a special town, and apparently there are more references. In fact:

choc-ice said:
It was the Cyllage City hotel. I'd already talked to him three times before - first time he mentions a city, the second a facility, and the third time the region Champion. As the guests in the hotels change each day I'm guessing the location will be random for each player.

Last edited:
After all that has happened in this generation, I'm not out-ruling anything at this point.

Yeah, this generation has been such a surprise, literally anything can happen at this point. It's definitely a hint to something coming.

I don't think that the backpacker's location is random. I think that it's day-dependent, but altering the time via the 3DS settings only causes him to change his location rather than his text. Does anyone know how many hotels there are in Kalos? I've found six, but I've only made it to Laverre City. I suspect that there is one more, and if so, there may be seven references in total.

There's a Hotel in Couriway Town, after the 7th Gym. That's the last one according to my Town Map.

So hopefully there are three more references. One of them may involve yet another item for a Pokémon opposite of this protector.

For some reason, this picture left me really excited. I'd love a new region in Generation VI (or something similar). That would be miles better than remakes.

I just checked and the person in the Couriway Hotel says the following:

"Aren't there any hot springs around here? Where I come from, we have a hot spring right next to the Pokémon Center, and it's incredible!".

Very interesting. It seems to be hinting at something related to a new generation. I'd also definitely say they're planning a Hoenn remake, given how many times people in Kalos refer to it.

The backpacker also states that the region he's talking about is not any of the previous five.

How does he exactly say that?

I'm wondering this too. Does he outright say "The region is not Kanto-Johto-Hoenn-Sinnoh-Unova!", or is it more vague, like "It's a region you haven't been to before" (which could be referring to a region we haven't seen in a game yet, or one the player character hasn't been to)?

I only talked to the guy for the first time today, so I have no idea. :/
But, this all has me very excited. :D

I'd also definitely say they're planning a Hoenn remake, given how many times people in Kalos refer to it.
I think that there about four references, which really isn't a big deal when you consider cross-generational references in past games. People made a big deal about the Hoenn references in Black and White, but they meant nothing. Besides, Kanto, Sinnoh and Unova have more direct references.

Reila said:
"Aren't there any hot springs around here? Where I come from, we have a hot spring right next to the Pokémon Center, and it's incredible!".
That's probably a different person.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom