• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen 7 Legendary Revealed?? (SPOILERS)

Kalosian Polynesia confirmed.

With all joking aside, I can actually kind of see them pulling something like that. Also if it is a new region and the coding is already in the game, then all that really needs to happen is some kind of event where they give out codes or special items that unlock the new place.

region.jpg

There is this gut feeling I have its going to be one of the spin-off regions but revamped almost entirely.

It'd be pretty awesome if they released Generation 6.5 with a new region and ~70 more pokemon. But they should do that only after the RSE remakes.

There is this gut feeling I have its going to be one of the spin-off regions but revamped almost entirely.

That would be nice. I am not familiarized with any of the spin-off regions (aside from Ransei, which is awesome and I love it, but I just can't see it being featured in a main series game), so it would be a good opportunity for me to get to know at least one of them. In all honesty, I just hope they don't add more Pokémon, if there is another region in Gen VI. Or if they do, I hope they add ~30 AT MOST. There is already too many and there is no need for more before Gen 7.

In all honesty, I just hope they don't add more Pokémon, if there is another region in Gen VI. Or if they do, I hope they add ~30 AT MOST. There is already too many and there is no need for more before Gen 7.

Those regions are quite small except for Orre so the number of additional pokemon would have to be less than 50, new or old, regardless.

In all honesty, I just hope they don't add more Pokémon, if there is another region in Gen VI. Or if they do, I hope they add ~30 AT MOST. There is already too many and there is no need for more before Gen 7.

I don't really get this view. I mean, it's a perfectly valid point of view, I just don't get it. Gen. 6 is woefully thin on diversity in some areas. Only two ice types other than the fossil (and now that I stop, I can't think of any poison other than Skrelp), only 3 legendaries, and no evolutions of previous pokemon. I just feel like 30-40 would be the bare minimum to address these things, and 50 is more like what I'd think of.

But, to each their own...

If there truly is another region released in this generation, I can see why they only added 70 new Pokemon to start with. Adding 50+ Pokemon in the next main series games to coincide with this region would be a pretty neat idea. It'd also give people more of an incentive to buy the next games because it's not like you're just buying a slightly upgraded version of the originals, a la Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, etc. I like the idea. I hope it's something that they really are going with.

Then, they could add a second Eeveelution in the next half as well. That'd be cool, and then all the people that wanted an Eeveelution to go along with Sylveon will be happy as well.

Then, they could add a second Eeveelution in the next half as well. That'd be cool, and then all the people that wanted an Eeveelution to go along with Sylveon will be happy as well.

I think that my heart just skipped a beat!

This! all of the above. I want MOAR Eevee evolutions. Nymphia is amazing. I am sure that whatever they create nect would also be mind-blowing.
Please GF, a flying or steel evo.

There was another quote I found quite interesting when I've gone through all the hotels

I heard there is a Waterfall that flows backward somewhere in the world! I really want to see that!

With all the other 'hints' or whatever you want to call them, this stood out to me. It's such a random comment in normal context, but with all the others, could it be a hint at a possible Landmark we've yet to see?

There was another quote I found quite interesting when I've gone through all the hotels

I heard there is a Waterfall that flows backward somewhere in the world! I really want to see that!

With all the other 'hints' or whatever you want to call them, this stood out to me. It's such a random comment in normal context, but with all the others, could it be a hint at a possible Landmark we've yet to see?

Maybe he was referring to the Distortion World in Sinnoh?

Could be, actually. Although with them saying "this world" makes be not think of the distortion world as it's another world haha!

Post game as soon as you leave your house, shauna will trade with you. Afterwards keeping talking to her.. She says 'your mom is really cool because shes a rye-horn rider'. But she should also say something along the lines of 'someday soon I'm gonna go to a far way region and make a whole lot of memories there. '

I doubt it. Only a few people in Sinnoh know about the Distortion World. You, Cynthia, her grandma, Cyrus, and the Galactic admins are definites, and Prof. Rowan probably knows (I forget exactly how it ends), but other than that nobody else is mentioned to know it exists. Since we also don't yet know where in the timeline XY fit in, this could be happening at the same time as the events in Sinnoh, though it's more likely during the time of either BW or B2W2.

I'd much prefer a companion game rather than a third version. I rather enjoyed the sequel aspect of BW2, even if parts seemed a bit anti-climactic. And I'd love to see the 'dex expanded more; while I do think the ones we got were all pretty interesting and fun, 69 is pretty low for a brand new region. Hopefully GF isn't trolling us and that the little object isn't just so you can get the other XY legendary or something.

I'd much prefer a companion game rather than a third version. I rather enjoyed the sequel aspect of BW2, even if parts seemed a bit anti-climactic. And I'd love to see the 'dex expanded more; while I do think the ones we got were all pretty interesting and fun, 69 is pretty low for a brand new region. Hopefully GF isn't trolling us and that the little object isn't just so you can get the other XY legendary or something.

The sequel aspect and upgrades without the need for a whole new region really got me engaged in BW2. I've been despairing over the lack of a few (such as the medals - I loved them!), so I'm hoping that'll be something we'll see in the theoretical "Z"-ish title.

Okay, this is interesting. I think they might be building up to a Gen 6.5 of sorts, where we get more new Pokemon and a new region but stays on the 3DS. I wouldn't mind seeing that considering how few new Pokemon we got in XY, so that would definitely make up for it. Ideally, it'd be nice if Gen 6.5 was compatible with Gen 6 (possibly through a DLC update), but that might be tricky to implement.

Im sorry but I really don't get how people would be ok with a gen 6.5 with more pokemon reveled. If gamefreak did that then they would basically be doing the same thing capcom did and make on disc dlc. And considering the fact that a lot of pokemon fans lost there crap about pokemon bank I find it baffling that pokemon fans would put up with (even suggest) that gamefreak should do on disc dlc with the third version. I hate the only 69 pokemon thing as much as the next person. But if it was a choice between that and gamefreak using the same shady business tactics capcom uses I would choose 69 pokemon any day of the week.

Hopefully GF isn't trolling us and that the little object isn't just so you can get the other XY legendary or something.
The item depicts the protector of a region far from Kalos, so I don't see how it would be used to obtain an existing legendary.

Bolt the Cat said:
I think they might be building up to a Gen 6.5 of sorts, where we get more new Pokemon and a new region but stays on the 3DS. I wouldn't mind seeing that considering how few new Pokemon we got in XY, so that would definitely make up for it. Ideally, it'd be nice if Gen 6.5 was compatible with Gen 6 (possibly through a DLC update), but that might be tricky to implement.
If there were no compatibility with XY, then the new games would be considered a new generation even if they were released for the 3DS, just as was the case with Black and White. But why would Game Freak hint at brand new games now unless they were part of their plan for this generation? For all we know, there could be around 30-40 Pokémon hidden in XY's data, so a DLC update might not even be required to maintain compatibility.

Im sorry but I really don't get how people would be ok with a gen 6.5 with more pokemon reveled. If gamefreak did that then they would basically be doing the same thing capcom did and make on disc dlc. And considering the fact that a lot of pokemon fans lost there crap about pokemon bank I find it baffling that pokemon fans would put up with (even suggest) that gamefreak should do on disc dlc with the third version. I hate the only 69 pokemon thing as much as the next person. But if it was a choice between that and gamefreak using the same shady business tactics capcom uses I would choose 69 pokemon any day of the week.
It wouldn't be paid DLC. Either the data already exists in XY, or it would be added via a free patch to maintain compatibility. You would pay for the new game(s) rather than the Pokémon themselves. Would you rather pay for games with less new content?

Last edited:

Not sure if you're referring to paid DLC or just hidden unlockable data on the current games. Either way, it doesn't matter. GF has been selling us a slightly updated game for years now. BW2 is the first time that we've gotten a really fresh experience for our money. And even that didn't give us anything more than the Kyurem/version exclusive splice. I doubt I'm alone when I say that I'd gladly pay $40 for brand new Pokemon, as opposed to paying $40 for a game that gives me a better framerate and two new outfits for my PC.
@Silktree; I was mostly being facetious. The majority of us are prone to grabbing onto a concept that appeals to us based on something subjective and random (like WaterBlue) and then being needlessly disappointed.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom