• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

techitisJ

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
*I'm still making my way through New Pokémon Snap so if this is completely wrong feel free to correct me.*

So like, this might be completely off the wall bonkers, but I can't help but notice one of the trivia messages that pop up during the loading screen of NPS talks about the pictures on the wall of the Laboratory and how they were taken by Rita but the Professor has no clue where they're from.

Now it could be something later in the story, but assuming it isn't then could these pictures be hinting as to the location of Gen 9? :confused:

I was also wondering about this and was about to do a big speculation post about it because Pokemon games have hinted towards future ones in the past, but while doing some research I discovered that these photos simply depict some concept art from the recent Pokemon movie Coco. Here are some screenshots.

E05dGdOVgAAZr8y.jpeg
E05dGdiVIAEVyM7.jpeg

I knew the red-roofed building in the smaller picture looked familiar, but I couldn't place it.

SodiumChloride

Henlo :D
Reaction score
I was also wondering about this and was about to do a big speculation post about it because Pokemon games have hinted towards future ones in the past, but while doing some research I discovered that these photos simply depict some concept art from the recent Pokemon movie Coco. Here are some screenshots.

I knew the red-roofed building in the smaller picture looked familiar, but I couldn't place it.
The giant Acadia tree makes me think this unknown region is a warm place, which works for gen 9 because we just got a cold region with galar, they wouldn't do 2 cold regions in a row.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him
Seeing this reminds me why a certain place only tags Cyndaquil line pics just as "Pokémon".

Sheep40

Reaction score

Where specifically? Any ideas?

My personal biases are indicating somewhere in southern Europe.

SpinyShell

Reaction score
I always thought the Cyndaquil line were very clearly porcupines?
I think Cyndaquil has the long nose of an echidna while Typlosion has a badger-like snout, in contrast to porcupines which have a flatter face; I think Quilava bears the closet resemblance to a porcupine. While I do believe the whole line was partially inspired by porcupines, I think Cyndaquil's and Typlosion's primary inspirations were other animals.
155Cyndaquil.png
156Quilava.png
157Typhlosion.png

1280px-Short-beaked_echidna_in_ANBG.jpg
iu
iu

Last edited:

Zadium

Reaction score
Pronouns
He
If gen 9 is based off Canada, I hope the legendary Pokemon are a Moose and a Loon.

Moose Pokemon - Ground/Grass Type
Loon Pokemon - Water/Flying Type

Daenerys

(◔_◔)
Reaction score
Pronouns
Ze/Zem/Zir
I'd love to see a region based on either Australia, Egypt or Brazil. I don't care so much about new types that could be introduced or any game changing mechanics for the games but I pray that there will be no new form gimmick or special battle attack novelty like we've had in recent Gens...

Sheep40

Reaction score
Ex-Yugoslavia, Russia, and Germany are some of my favorite predictions, though I wouldn't mind Italy or Spain (they're more likely on account of the cold/hot divide and fame)