• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

Bigfoot_the_Pokémon

A Day at the Lake
Reaction score
Once. Although, there was a bit of a Cyan/Magenta for Gen 8, which is very similar

*EDIT: Also Ruby/Sapphire, so 2-3

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Hm, I think with how they're trending with game names from non-colors to "ideas" or "things", it wouldn't surprise me if there was a more "nature"-y title. I dunno what it could be, but it could work.

Poke Dragon

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
If they were going to repeat Black and White, I think it would be more creative to name it something like "Marble and Obsidian" rather than name it like a color again.

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
If they were going to repeat Black and White, I think it would be more creative to name it something like "Marble and Obsidian" rather than name it like a color again.
THAT WOULD WORK!
imagine just light/dark...

not gonna lie, i think they could do some sort of a "3rd game" as a repeat, considering how they've already had sequels (B2W2).
So, like, Pokemon Grey, and for XY they could do the fabled Pokemon Z. that's my two cents

Poke Dragon

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
THAT WOULD WORK!
imagine just light/dark...

not gonna lie, i think they could do some sort of a "3rd game" as a repeat, considering how they've already had sequels (B2W2).
So, like, Pokemon Grey, and for XY they could do the fabled Pokemon Z. that's my two cents
I meant in Black and White as a theme for Marble and Obsidian, not for the remake. But if we're talking about a remake, I would vastly prefer a single version Unova game just to see how the two versions of Unova would mix together. Maybe a single version sequel would be even better than a third version.

Sheep40

Reaction score

Hence, Apex and Nadir, which mean the highest and lowest points.

Bolt Strike

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Oooohhh... that's what Nadir means

Not a good sign for its prospects of game name ideas. The names of the game should really be simple to understand, especially considering Pokemon likes to target young kids. If some adults don't even know what "Apex" and "Nadir" mean, it's probably not a good choice of names for kids.

Can't think of a good alternative unfortunately. "Top" and "Bottom" are the first that come to mind, but those can have different implications.

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Not a good sign for its prospects of game name ideas. The names of the game should really be simple to understand, especially considering Pokemon likes to target young kids. If some adults don't even know what "Apex" and "Nadir" mean, it's probably not a good choice of names for kids.

Can't think of a good alternative unfortunately. "Top" and "Bottom" are the first that come to mind, but those can have different implications.
Pokemon Edge vs Pokemon Middle wwwww

Sheep40

Reaction score

Just because one forum member didn't know what one half of the name meant?

Mr. MoonStone

Just your average everday moon fan
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
I think it goes beyond just forum members :unsure: The names of Pokemon games tend to be simplistic and easy to translate across languages. I'm not disagreeing with the idea, or even the thought behind each title, but maybe picking something a little more accessible/straight forward would help? I think the concept is pretty cool btw

Last edited:

Neyo

A Clown of Silksong (and ducks)
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Hear me out: Pokémon Corn and Wheat

It checks all of the boxes: Ideas/Things that are opposite, easy to translate into another language, and capable of a remake (Golden Wheat and Pale Corn)

Last edited:

Bolt Strike

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him

What do you think the odds are that kids will understand it if a forum member that's likely older and has a much richer vocabulary doesn't even know it?

Defiant

Pokemon Gotta Catch ... Some Of Em ???
Reaction score
Pokemon Balance
Pokemon Harmony

(I also did not know what Apex and Nadir meant) Apex sounds like a printer company.

Bolt Strike

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokemon Balance
Pokemon Harmony

Usually they pick titles that are antonyms, not synonyms. They seem to like concepts that are complementary or equally opposing, especially with recent titles (a bit harder to see that for some of the colors and gems, but Black/White, X/Y, Alpha/Omega, Sun/Moon, and Sword/Shield are pretty clearly opposites). Balance and Harmony don't really offer that kind of contrast, they mean largely the same thing.

Top Bottom