• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

Sheep40

Reaction score
Everything and nothing (whilst maintaining some subtelty). Also Apex and Nadir without the thesaurus abuse.

Johnny Boy

Reaction score
Oh boy this train of thought sounds fun let me hop on.

Pokemon Odd and Even (joke answer)

Pokemon Paper and Plastic (another joke answer)

Pokemon Sound and Silence (my favorite)

Pokemon Wood (or Stone) and Steel

Pokemon Betwixt and Between (semi joke answer)

Pokemon Magic and Science

Pokemon Fang and Claw

Pokemon Static and Active

Pokemon Shine and Shadow

Pokemon Fact and Fiction

I could probably think up more. This is entertaining.

Pokemon War and Peace

Pokemon Dawn and Dusk

Johnny Boy

Reaction score
Anyone think that some Latin American countries would be great candidates for a region. I’d love to see some based on Brazil or Mexico. Heck maybe even Colombia.

Oriden

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
Anyone think that some Latin American countries would be great candidates for a region. I’d love to see some based on Brazil or Mexico. Heck maybe even Colombia.
Eeeh... some of those, I'm not sure that they would be such a safe research trip.

Johnny Boy

Reaction score
Brazil would be most likely. Amazon rainforest, the sandy beaches, bustling cities... yup

And they have a plethora of wildlife and mythical creatures to base Pokemon off of. It could be our chance to FINALLY get a dolphin Pokemon based on a river dolphin. Or maybe even a Jaguar.

Sheep40

Reaction score
9 is frankly likely to be the Netherlands, maybe some DLC in Belgium or Luxembourg.

thomaswiencek

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Hey, guys. I thought that some of these species of Pokémon might not return in Generation IX or newer anymore because they had faded into obscurity or had not been popular among fans, while only currently popular species of Pokémon among fans might return in those generations, that's all. So what do you think?

Jimothy

Reaction score
No. There’s some that are so popular they’ll always be present (pikachu, Charizard), and some forms that might take quite a while to return (G-Max, every seasonal Sawsbuck), but they’re not retiring anyone outright. The few that didn’t make it into a game this Gen are basically a lock for next Gen.

Bigfoot_the_Pokémon

Squatchy Summer Vacation
Reaction score
Chugoku? Where's that?

*EDIT it is the part of Japan where there hasn't been a region yet

I wouldn't mind it, but they already have half of all the regions set in Japan-based locations. While, yes, GF is Japanese, it seems like they should wait a few more gens before they go through with that

Also, it would just be Northern Johto or something

nickdt

Reaction score
9 is frankly likely to be the Netherlands, maybe some DLC in Belgium or Luxembourg.

tbh, while it makes sense Gamefreak visited the Netherlands after visiting the UK, i don't think its gonna be gen 9 perse (Despite that a Netherlands region is highly likely, considering the historic and present relationship the Netherlands and Japan share), but that its in the works for the future.

Oriden

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
I've seen a good theory that it might be California based on a Game Informer interview. Not too crazy about possibly getting another US region again, but I am down for some warm fun in the Cali sunshine right now... winter is already moving in where I am and I hate it.