• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

Oriden

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
I wonder if Enamorus being introduced in Legends is a hint towards us getting Unova remakes in Generation IX?
I feel like it would mean the opposite, because if we were returning to Unova in the near future, why wouldn't they introduce her then when it would make far more sense? And we got the whole OG trio, too, it'd be pretty redundant.

Jimothy

Reaction score
Is Khu gonna be the Gen 9 guy? I really hope not

He says he is, anyway. Says it's going to be a busy year for leaks/hints/riddles.

I wonder if Enamorus being introduced in Legends is a hint towards us getting Unova remakes in Generation IX?
I wouldn't say it is. Not like Regidrago and Regieleki are a hint of new Hoenn games, after all.

Sheep40

Reaction score
It's the Netherlands, I'm telling you. Not only from the pikachu plush (which was dressed like a Dutch peasant) in the treehouse video that announced legends: arceus, but it would be the perfect way to iterate on that game's wide environments with a full open world.

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
It's the Netherlands, I'm telling you. Not only from the pikachu plush (which was dressed like a Dutch peasant) in the treehouse video that announced legends: arceus
You might be right! It def sounds possible!!
it would be the perfect way to iterate on that game's wide environments with a full open world.
Not too sure about that IMO. I feel like having too much flat land would be kinda annoying (to me).

Emmy

Cam Girl~
Reaction score
It's the Netherlands, I'm telling you. Not only from the pikachu plush (which was dressed like a Dutch peasant) in the treehouse video that announced legends: arceus, but it would be the perfect way to iterate on that game's wide environments with a full open world.
Dutch Pikachu has been around for a long time, way before the Legends Treehouse video, IIRC it was part of a set of 5 collectibles - Japanese, Chinese, American, British and Dutch.

I really doubt it was intended as a mystery clue to Gen 9. :unsure:

Neyo

A Clown of Silksong (and ducks)
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
But hear me out…a tiny Liechtenstein region for Gen 9

Oriden

Reaction score
Dutch Pikachu has been around for a long time, way before the Legends Treehouse video, IIRC it was part of a set of 5 collectibles - Japanese, Chinese, American, British and Dutch.

I really doubt it was intended as a mystery clue to Gen 9. :unsure:
You're right. It's from a 2016 plush set called Pikachu Around the World.

Oriden

Reaction score
I feel it's more likely to be Italy because of that one picture in BDSP

However, GameRant says it could be India: https://gamerant.com/pokemon-legends-arceus-generation-9-region-india-teasers-evidence/
It's a really weak connection for India. Laventon's clothes are distinctly European and Indian elephants were introduced to England hundreds of years before Legends takes place.

And I am very doubtful of that painting being a hint either. Game Freak didn't develop BDSP, and I doubt they would've instructed ILCA to drop an Italy hint in there.

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
What do you think the most likely region is?
I'd say Australia. The opportunity for New Zealand DLC would be cool as well.

Oriden

Reaction score
What do you think the most likely region is?
I'd say Australia. The opportunity for New Zealand DLC would be cool as well.
I really couldn't say that anywhere is more likely than anywhere else at this point... just not enough evidence in favor of any particular place.

This theory is almost compelling- Is the next Pokemon game set in California? Gen 9 location rumor goes viral
But at the same time, it seems that Masuda knew what they were getting at and could have just as likely thrown a red herring answer.

Soooo... yeah, I don't think we're anywhere close to narrowing it down. Australia would be cool, though. A lot of popular animals there and 80% of Australia's wildlife are unique to Australia. If they're ambitious, they could sorta attempt Gen 5 again with the region mostly only having new pokemon, except now they can throw in some regional variants too.

RexMissingno

Team Rocket's rockin
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Unrelated to region speculation but I'm optimistic about this series if trends are to be followed. Since the DS era the first main-series game on a new system isn't as good as the second game - to me at least BW was better than DPPT and USUM was better than XY. Pokemon Legends: Arceus seems to be considered a fantastic game to many currently which I hope is a good sign of things to come with the next generation. Though I do hope they take some time to polish it instead of crunching their developers.

Sheep40

Reaction score
Considering the Battle Zone is the south Sakhalin....
I would love a Siberian influence!!

Though frankly I don't want to try Russia quite yet. Personally either central europe, or the balkans. Greece, anyone?

My personal pet theories are, however, either former Czechoslovakia or former Yugoslavia, basically one pokemon league spread across multiple small regions.

Last edited:

takoyaki

↑avatar by Blanc♡
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
My personal pet theories are, however, either former Czechoslovakia or former Yugoslavia, basically one pokemon league spread across multiple regions.
They could do some interesting stuff with former USSR control, although they would have to make the team "not politicial".
Belarus could be cool.

TechSkylander1518

Reaction score
Pronouns
him/his
Not only from the pikachu plush (which was dressed like a Dutch peasant) in the treehouse video that announced legends: arceus,
Have we ever actually had any plushie hint to a new region? I feel like it's a common fan idea, but I've never seen it come to fruition.