• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

Idk about that. What with the Wuhan virus and the controversy and eventual fallout from that, I highly doubt that Gamefreak would be eager to base a region on a country that will be the butt of every joke for a few years at least.
I don't think that Game Freak cares about that, especially considering that they based a region on the UK during Brexit.

I don't think that Game Freak cares about that, especially considering that they based a region on the UK during Brexit.

You're comparing a referendum for the UK to a disease that originated in China that has killed more than 11,000 people. Apples =/= oranges.

I think China is the last place on earth that GF will base a new region on and my hopes are that Australia is their next pick instead.

I'd really like if they made a region on Morocco...But it'd be a useless depiction since they won't show the horrible english we have and all the religious sites. So anywhere in africa, Specially Egypt ,would be appreciated

You're comparing a referendum for the UK to a disease that originated in China that has killed more than 11,000 people. Apples =/= oranges.

I think China is the last place on earth that GF will base a new region on and my hopes are that Australia is their next pick instead.
While I don't think we will see a region based on China anytime soon, I don't think the virus will be the reason.

At any rate, I'm still banking on the fact that the next region will be based on a decently warm location.

Last edited:

I find Australia rather unlikely.

Idk about that. What with the Wuhan virus and the controversy and eventual fallout from that, I highly doubt that Gamefreak would be eager to base a region on a country that will be the butt of every joke for a few years at least.
If they had intended China to be the region for Gen 9, development would have likely begun before Corvid, so to change it as a result would mean discarding a lot of progress.
All it means for Pokemon is "fans make jokes about it". It's not like making a region based on a location is equal to an endorsement of everything out of it- otherwise, we'd have to say a lot about colonialism in the Pokemon world.

I really want a region based on South Africa. So much diversity, and I'm not just talking about the the potential Pokemon, but the people and places, too!

Another idea I'd really like for a Gen IX region is..... Mexico! For the love of Arceus, give me a box legend based on Quetzalcoatl!

give me a box legend based on Quetzalcoatl!
384Rayquaza_E.png

Last edited:
decreased priority moves and Stal ability should always make the move to be executed in the it's used even if the oponent makes the user faint first on that turn.

some moves like Trash, Petal Dance and Outrage should also get taken into consideration to this.

Anticipation additionally allows the user now to use Disable, Encore, Spite, Torment and other moves affecting moves react to that move it reveals when the user moves first before the target can.
Rage Powder, Follow me get addition to work now like Encore in single battles too. Force the target to repeat the same move again the next turn too. Like Instruct but that it needs to use a attacking move.

Last edited:
Any particular reason that a exyu/russia/germany/scandinavia/romania region seem unlikely (besides the "europe twice" thing, which itself doesn't make that much sense to me).

a region based maybe on Belize ?

hmm a cat like water starter(jaguar) or a cat like grass starter(lion or mountain lion)?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom