• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

Funny how you consider Belize, considering I keep forgetting about it. Then again, Belize is like the black sheep of Central America.

read it's colonial history, could be tied in to Alola, Galar and Kalos actually.

about water starters.... did someone watched Dora and the Lost City of Gold ?

If they would create a yellowish water starter jaguar aztec warrior water/fighting like female even with a priority water move similar to First impression and with a ability like Survival Instinct to avoid the first SE attack of in battle and that could work again when switched out-in again... bc water/fighting is a fragile typing actually

maybe mixing things up more and not one location would be better? 1/4 part region like spain, italy , greece 1/4 desert area like middle east and egypt could be with australia, 1/4 tropical jungle like mayan and aztec like and 1/4 region icy mountains in canada, norway? a total mix up?

Last edited:
Didn't they say once they based the regions on places Japanese people liked to visit as tourists?

Top 10 most visited countries are France, Spain, America, China, Italy, Turkey, Mexico, Germany, Thailand, UK.

I think we can rule out China and Turkey due to controversy. (China has an actual law about you cant display China in a map as anything other than what they deem complete, so would need to include every disputed region as part of this china region to be allowed to be sold in China. Similarly Turkey has problems with Kurdistan.

So that leaves us with Spain, Italy, Mexico, Germany, Thailand.

I'm certain we won't do Europe back to back, so lets cross off Spain, Italy and Germany.
So Mexico or Thailand.

Now Gens 1-4 were all different parts of Japan, so Asia back to back, while Gen 5-8 swapped between North America and Europe, so we could be dealing with 4x gen cycles and now we head back to Asia, so Thailand. Or we could stick with this N.A to EU cycle and next stop is Mexico.

I can see Mexico being more likely. Would go some way to those who wanted Spanish influences, plus similar to how Unova Incorporated more of America than just NYC I could see Mexico containing parts across Latin America, so maybe a reference to the Amazon, or Machu Pichu. It could focus on Aztec and Mayan for its story or culture.

Didn't they say once they based the regions on places Japanese people liked to visit as tourists?

Top 10 most visited countries are France, Spain, America, China, Italy, Turkey, Mexico, Germany, Thailand, UK.

I think we can rule out China and Turkey due to controversy. (China has an actual law about you cant display China in a map as anything other than what they deem complete, so would need to include every disputed region as part of this china region to be allowed to be sold in China. Similarly Turkey has problems with Kurdistan.

So that leaves us with Spain, Italy, Mexico, Germany, Thailand.

I'm certain we won't do Europe back to back, so lets cross off Spain, Italy and Germany.
So Mexico or Thailand.

Now Gens 1-4 were all different parts of Japan, so Asia back to back, while Gen 5-8 swapped between North America and Europe, so we could be dealing with 4x gen cycles and now we head back to Asia, so Thailand. Or we could stick with this N.A to EU cycle and next stop is Mexico.

I can see Mexico being more likely. Would go some way to those who wanted Spanish influences, plus similar to how Unova Incorporated more of America than just NYC I could see Mexico containing parts across Latin America, so maybe a reference to the Amazon, or Machu Pichu. It could focus on Aztec and Mayan for its story or culture.
I would rather have Thailand, considering Japan can be considered apart from Asia for all intends and purposes here. Although if it doesn't have Muay Thai trainers anywhere I will dislike it.

controversy. (China has an actual law about you cant display China in a map as anything other than what they deem complete,
I agree it’s unlikely but a Chinese region won’t be illegal to sell in China since the China based region isn’t actually a depiction of China. France isn’t Kalos, UK isn’t Galar. And Kalos was missing an entire half of France. Gamefreak would avoid talking about the basis of such a region though, and the best we could expect is a subtle *wink wink nudge nudge* type thing when everyone knows it’s based on China.

Germany and Turkey definetly seem like good contenders, Mexico too. That being said, some portions of the yugosphere (Croatia especially) are big tourist destinations.

I’m thinking India, Italy, or Spain for the next region.

India because we don’t have any non-Japan countries from Asia represented yet, and I think there’s a huge amount they could do culturally (plus Copperajah kind of hints at it though admittedly a stretch)

Italy I just think would tie-in well with Pasio which has some Italian references.

As for Spain we had a lot of speculation for it last generation that I thought was pretty interesting including with Oricorio and some other aspects that I’m blanking on atm.

Edit: Also Brazil or Mexico. We don’t have any Central/South American representation yet. Kenya or Egypt would be nice too for Africa.

I only want a grass type based on this two mixed

Leshind or a other name...

grass/fairy

leshen and feind inspired grass starter pokemon. the skull and sinister look to make oponents mislead with dark or ghost type...

strong defense and stronger special defense and good hp, would learn strong attacks and priority moves, Phantom Force, infestation, infestation
-Crow Storm, Wolf Pack(multihit moves that have 50% to beeither ghost or flying, crow storm, and ghost or normal for wolf pack)

signature move: Wild Hunt- fairy- physical - multistrik 25 x max 5, power 125

hidden ability: Druid: every turn activates on start before battle a status move from a pokemon in the trainer party

stats: hp 80 , attack 76 , defense105, sp. attack 65 , sp. defense 122, speed: 82

or

stats: hp 80 , attack 91 , defense 96, sp. attack 91 , sp. defense 122, speed: 60 (increased priority moves, draining moves and swampert like stats)

taking its weakness to poison and its hidden ability, its a slow special wall constructed

we never got a special oriented strong grass wall that could be long term run.

Can always have heacy-duty boots against entry hazards

it would get a stats

generaly think that there will always be a swamp or forrent somewhere for it

Last edited:
My idea for a grass starter was based off of a Kikimora.

We already kind of have Leshy with Trevenant. Regional variant perhaps?

A bies would work very well. IMO more of a conventional demon named after one.

I also wish for a Samovila, Vodnik (Regional tympole variant), Porewit (fire-type starter), Zduhach (Pseudo-legendary dragon-fighting), Drekevach/great bittern hybrid, and a vampire moth.

The two version legendaries I predict would be Chernobog and Byelobog reinterpreted as humanoid knights. There would also be equivalents to (prominently) Triglav, Svantovit, Morana, Zoria, Jarilo, Veles, Perun, Svarozich, Dazhbog, and Devana.

Regions-wise I'd really like Gamefreak to go back to Japan and create a region based on the still unrepresented Shikoku island. About time I think... Other than that? Anything historical works for me. China, India, Peru, Europe, etc etc...

Other than that I'd like to see it similar to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Open-world, side missions, voice acting, freedom, etc... From all those I'd say they should include AT LEAST voice acting for the cut scenes.

I want to see Bidoof as a mascot for a Canada-based region. It would be massive and perhaps a good region for a MMORPG.
Bidoof everywhere

Considering the international reach of K-pop and K-dramas these days, I don't see a Korean Peninsula-based region not being in GF's plans for Gen IX...

Not entirely sure if I've said this before on this thread, but I wouldn't mind seeing a region based on Egypt or some other part of Africa, with the mascot legendaries based on the Egyptian gods Horus and Set. Flying/Fighting and Dark/Ground I guess? Representing order & chaos respectively.

I think it's gonna be in Spain
Not only it's because Spain it's my country xd they have giving us clues since Sun/Moon (Oricorio it's a flamenco dancer,Tapu bulu wears a typical Spanish hat) and there's a npc how speaks Spanish and says,that she's from other region (Curiously in Spanish version she speaks French xd) and game freak visits Spanish years ago and they love the culture so,it's a possibility.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom