• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

At any rate, my prediction for the location of the gen 9 games is...

somewhere on Earth.
Honestly, it'd be pretty cool if we could go into outer space and find alien Pokemon out there somewhere. The Hoenn games had the Space Center and the Deoxys ORAS post-game quest, but it's not really getting into space exploration that much. I mean, we've already had Pokemon games send us to alternate dimensions, so :wynaut: ?

But as for actual predictions, I'll say... somewhere with a desert. We haven't had a fully desertic region in the main series yet, so I'd like to see what Game Freak would come up with for that.

Honestly, it'd be pretty cool if we could go into outer space and find alien Pokemon out there somewhere. The Hoenn games had the Space Center and the Deoxys ORAS post-game quest, but it's not really getting into space exploration that much. I mean, we've already had Pokemon games send us to alternate dimensions, so :wynaut: ?

"Team Rocket has decided that we will escape to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by truth and love...

SPAAAACE!
"

I personally liked the Ultra Space concept, I wish Ultra Megalopolis was more than just a corridor since it’s one of the very few alternate dimension settlements that we know of. Guzzlord’s tit-bits are quite fascinating too.

Taking into consideration the amount of Galarian Forms that evolve into a Pokemon their regular counterparts aren't known to evolve into, I wonder if we'll get regional forms for Pachirisu, Emolga, Dedenne, Togedemaru, and Morpeko in Gen IX... IMO, if regional forms for such Pokemon were to be introduced in Gen IX, they should have an evolution their regular counterparts don't have.

Taking into consideration the amount of Galarian Forms that evolve into a Pokemon their regular counterparts aren't known to evolve into, I wonder if we'll get regional forms for Pachirisu, Emolga, Dedenne, Togedemaru, and Morpeko in Gen IX... IMO, if regional forms for such Pokemon were to be introduced in Gen IX, they should have an evolution their regular counterparts don't have.

would it be fair?
what if both oryginal and counterpart would get diffrent evolutions depending on method in the new region? old could be by trade from a trainer.

legendary , legendary, what do you guys think about a legendary grass/ghost pokemon that would start as a seed that grows??? ability with forms?
neither good or evil but impact on whole region and beeing not a guardian but more a demigod that uncontrolled growth sometimes causes problems???

Pokemon Old Types and New Types for 9,10,11 & 12
Fire
Water
Grass
Normal
Flying
Poison
Ice
Electric
Rock
Ground
Fighting
Bug
Dark
Psychic
Ghost
Dragon
Steel
Fairy
New Types
Phoenix
Flint
Fusion
Negative
Dreams
Rainbow
Arcane
Aura
Chrono
Stone
Posity
Holy
Iron
Ink
Ancient
Ender
Glass
Hate
Time
Nexus
Plasma
Morph
Myth
Indust
Gore
Legend
Steam
Clone
Mana?
Plastic
Element
Null
Proto
Net
Ritual
Wish
Life
Neutral
Eater
Trap
SIlent
Death
Curse
Material
Spell
Form
Anti
Luck
Nether
Pure
Cure
Party
Forest
Oblivion
Light
Machine
Gravity
Sound
Blood
Cyber
Magma
Mist
Ethereal
Axon
Beast or Wild
Alien
Nature
Sand
Lunar
Solar
Shadow
Chrome
Gas
Copy
Air
Acid
Bomb
Spike
Space
Magic
Fate
Mega
Paradox
Aether
Chaos
Cosmic
Robot
Virus
Speed
Wind
Goo
Energy
Tech
Gem
Super
Fear
Size
Love
Heart
Music
Nuclear
Star
Robot
Monster
Wood
Order
Divine
Glitch
Cute
Demon
Diamond
Special Type
Physical Type
Anger
Soul
Radio
Hunter
Destruction
Gold
Silver
Platinum
Eternal
Mystic
Oni
Power
Amber

Last edited:
New Types
Phoenix
Flint
Fusion
Negative
Dreams
Rainbow
Arcane
Aura
Chrono
Stone
Posity
Holy
Iron
Ink
Ancient
Ender
Glass
Hate
Time
Nexus
Plasma
Morph
Myth
Indust
Gore
Legend
Steam
Clone
Mana?
Plastic
Element
Null
Proto
Net
Ritual
Wish
Life
Neutral
Eater
Trap
SIlent
Death
Curse
Material
Spell
Anti
Luck
Nether
Pure
Cure
Party
Forest
Oblivion
Light
Machine
Gravity
Sound
Blood
Cyber
Magma
Mist
Ethereal
Axon
Beast or Wild
Alien
Nature
Sand
Lunar
Solar
Shadow
Chrome
Gas
Copy
Air
Acid
Bomb
Spike
Space
Magic
Fate
Mega
Paradox
Aether
Chaos
Cosmic
Robot
Virus
Speed
Wind
Goo
Energy
Tech
Gem
Super
Fear
Size
Love
Heart
Music
Nuclear
Star
Robot
Monster
Wood
Order
Divine
Ninja
Glitch
Cute
Demon
Diamond
Special Type
Physical Type
Anger
Soul
Radio
Hunter
Destruction
Gold
Silver
Platinum
Eternal
Mystic
Power
Amber
I don't think we will see most, if not all, of these as new types in feature generations as many of them are too specific in my opinion and could be grouped under the umbrella of preexisting types (and/or each other), are a characteristic found across several types already, and/or don't seem to be a elemental characteristic in the way that Fire or Ice are, for example.

Like, the Gas, Air, and Wind types are all already covered by the Flying type; the Forest, Nature, and Wood types are already covered by the Grass type; the Glass, Flint, Stone, Sand, Gem, Diamond, and Amber types are already covered by the Rock and/or Ground type(s); the Iron, Gold, Silver, Platinum, Glitch, Robot, Cyber, Machine, and Chrome types are covered by the Steel and/or Electric type(s); the Arcane, Mystic, Heart, Love, Cosmic, Light, Pure, and Space types are covered the Fairy and/or Psychic type(s) already; I could go on. And what do the Element, Size, Speed, Eater, and Material types even entail, for example? Those are just general characteristics that all Pokemon have. For example, how do you make a specific Size type when all Pokemon have a size?

I feel that most of these would only work if there were a subtype mechanic introduced where these are types within types essentially (ex: you have a Rock type with the Glass subtype), but many of these are still ultra specific (you wouldn't need a Diamond or Amber subtype when Gem covers that) and I don't feel that a subtype system is needed for Pokemon.

Not only that, but I feel that GameFreak really only adds new typings primarily for balance, at least right now. And really I feel that just re-balancing preexisting types would be easier and less chaotic than adding a new type; 125 new types would just be insane, even if their introduction was spread across three or so generations.

they are all cool though they shuold appear in future generations plus Amber is actually different from Rock or Ground but all should appear in future gens who agree's

they are all cool though they shuold appear in future generations plus Amber is actually different from Rock or Ground but all should appear in future gens who agree's
I don't think something like this could work. The 18 types we already have are alienating enough for some people, so I don't think we should have more.

Also, like Spinyshell covered, there are redundant types there. For example, Chrono and Time are the same thing, and there's already an Evil type (that's what Dark is called in Japan and Spain).

What's everybody's favorite type from my list pick 5
Alien, chrome, glitch, amber, and paradox are cool ones...
But even if Nintendo made like 150+ pokemon in the next game, that would be little more than one pokemon for each type... and the newer games have only had like >100 pokemon each, and im actually quite ticked off about that,
Nintendo could easily have added in like 50 more pokemon.

And even then, they could probably just rebalance the typings, such as buffing Grass or giving ICE A FREAKING RESISTANCE TO SOMETHING OTHER THAN ITSELF!
I always thought Ice/Water should have a dynamic that both are resistant to one another. Ice should be resistant to water and water should be resistant to ice.

I think it'll come out depending on when we have a gap year, but if there is none, I could totally see DP remakes this year and Gen 9 next. Or gap year this year, DP remakes 2021, Gen 2022.

remakes this year ain't happening because of Crown Tundra. The remakes this year ship has sailed when the DLC was announced.
Technically, this is the gap year, since we don't get any new mainline games and only an extension on the already released game.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom