• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

Pokemon Morningstar and Pokemon Chalice

or like some cool renesance weapons....

Last edited:
Pokemon Pentagon and Pokemon Chalice

or like some cool renesance weapons....

they are all cool though they shuold appear in future generations plus Amber is actually different from Rock or Ground but all should appear in future gens who agree's

Amber is hardened dried essence from trees and animals... as a move or ability always can be...

glass is burned sand actually, cant get wet anymore... but dont make new types please of this...

magnets are steel induced with electrical energy that can affect other steel kinds with other polarizations...

Aliens as seperate line diffrent from psychic is the most logical.... taking fairies, dragons...

And even then, they could probably just rebalance the typings, such as buffing Grass or giving ICE A FREAKING RESISTANCE TO SOMETHING OTHER THAN ITSELF!

type wise is ok, grass and some types need better stats, abilities and moves... hope they get their own ice face, disquise, wonder guard...
Ice got nice buffs this time around last 3 generations with ice face,sturdy and ice scales, aura veil... ice shard
imagine them getting a shield to switch other pokemon out or to freeze oponent? or ice special increased priority move?

alien would resist dark, dragon, water,fire, flying...
grass , poison, electric and psychic resisting alien... this would work well actually

we have Deoxys, Beheeyem and some others that could get retyped Orbeetle actually too with the UFO motive... maybe Solrock and Lunastone could get upgrade, Clefable getting fairy/alien, beeing immune to dragons and fairies... even Solgaleo to play along in a diffrent role then.

Last edited:
One thing I've been dying to see from a Pokemon region is for it to have a counterpart in another world, kind of like the Light World/Dark World system we see in games like The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and Metroid Prime 2. You could travel to the other world through portals spread out across the region and the counterpart region would have a similar design, but with different environments and aesthetics. I always love those games, even though it's practically a copy/paste of the same region it feels completely different because the areas play different roles and you sometimes progress through the worlds differently. In Pokemon's case, you could have a relatively unassuming town in one world be the location of a gym in another, a normal forest in one world could house a legendary Pokemon in another, and so on. They had the potential to do something like this with Alola and Ultra Space, but sadly they never did this.

One thing I've been dying to see from a Pokemon region is for it to have a counterpart in another world, kind of like the Light World/Dark World system we see in games like The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and Metroid Prime 2. You could travel to the other world through portals spread out across the region and the counterpart region would have a similar design, but with different environments and aesthetics. I always love those games, even though it's practically a copy/paste of the same region it feels completely different because the areas play different roles and you sometimes progress through the worlds differently. In Pokemon's case, you could have a relatively unassuming town in one world be the location of a gym in another, a normal forest in one world could house a legendary Pokemon in another, and so on. They had the potential to do something like this with Alola and Ultra Space, but sadly they never did this.

My ideal version of this is to set a game in the Hoenn regions of RR Maxie and RR Archie-- neither of the two worlds you'd be jumping between would be the Hoenn we've played through, but rather a flooded version and a volcanic, drought version. But mechanically they'd play very similarly to ALttP's two worlds.

Quite literally the otherworld/dark betwixt mechanic I'd thought of.

As for names, complexity aside, Niello and Melchior seem likely, due to being specific kinds of metals (remember Platinum?)

When it comes to RPG mechanics that Pokémon hasn't really delved into yet, maybe we could get some sort of summoning ritual for spirits that aren't Pokémon in the place of/as the next burst mechanic. They could provide various effects at the cost of using up a summon-specific power gauge. Once the gauge hits 0, the summoned spirit is dismissed. Like previous bursts/battle-only mechanics, these actions don't waste your turn like other actions (such as using an item from your bag) and can be skipped or utilized as you deem fit. Of course, you'd also have different spirits that provide different battle-related effects. Tasks that these summoned spirits can fulfill include:

• Stat boosts to your Pokémon
  • Lowering your opponent's stats and inflicting status effects
  • Provide your Pokémon an additional move/ability
  • Affect the battle field through weather, terrain, or things like trick room
  • Etc.

In addition, perhaps these summoned spirits could be used to solve various puzzles and/or clear various obstacles that serve as road blocks for your journey (being the region's equivalent to the HM system).

Maybe this idea was born from being slightly salty about the lack of fantasy creatures such as elves and trolls being trainers in the Galar region, but I just want to see beings in Pokémon that don't fall under the umbrella of Pokémon nor human (Ultra Beasts sure came close to being this, but they're still Pokémon at the end of the day).

As for names, complexity aside, Niello and Melchior seem likely, due to being specific kinds of metals (remember Platinum?)
Even ignoring the fact that there’s really no pattern to names (outside of the instance in gens 3/4) so supporting evidence such as “well, they did metals before” doesn’t hold much water, Niello seems to be a compound that includes sulfur so I don’t know if it qualifies as a metal while the search results for Melchior return a Christian Saint.

Last edited:
Even ignoring the fact that there’s really no pattern to names (outside of the instance in gens 3/4) so supporting evidence such as “well, they did metals before” doesn’t hold much water, Niello seems to be a compound that includes sulfur so I don’t know if it qualifies as a metal while the search results for Melchior return a Christian Saint.
Yeah. That's why I don't think that those will be the titles.

Melchior is an archaic name for Cupronickel.

However, what about Zero and Infinity? Aside from the obvious juxtaposition, it kind of relflects my prediction's themes of logic and philosophy interpreted through differing eyes, but all ending in the same conclusion through the cover legendaries: The black knight of zero would reprezent western empirical thought (starting from zero and working up) and the white janissary of infinity represents eastern holistic thought (starting from infinity and working down). These could further be juxtaposed against a blue viking (survival alone) and a red centurion (working together), that culd be used as DLC legendaries. Furthermore, all of these legendaries have forme changes based off of the player's rating on a karma meter. Whilst good and evil are the usual blue and red, neutral would be green in zero and yellow in infinity, which are the default formes of the cover legendaries are, and thus the secondary colors of the games.

is this more likely in your opinion?

I'm the overly-logical type. Because China has more people than any other country in the world, I will continue to hope and predict that the next pair of games will take place in a China-inspired reason. Once China is covered, India will come next...

As for names, I'll just throw this out because it sounds cool: Infrared and Ultraviolet!

I think a game of mechanical/artificial progress vs natural progress would a neat concept to delve into. I guess Opelucid City had some of that cause it was different in each version but it never really delved into it.

You could even make a power-up mechanic out of it if you want. One where Pokémon get stronger through artificial interference and one where they attain it naturally.

Once China is covered, India will come next...
If you’re going by the logic of using region basis to sell games in the countries (like Chinese region to appeal to China and so on) Nintendo will never get decent sales in India because they quite literally don’t exist there. All switches and games are imported, and we're shit out of luck if our console is defective.

That's the reason it "makes sense" to me, but I'm well aware that it's not actually practical. I mean, this entire idea operates under the assumption that, eventually, every country will be covered, right down to itty-bitty Vatican City. And although a Pokemon Catholic and Pokemon Protestant sound intriguing, I don't expect anything like this to happen. :p

Thing is, my OCD (yes, I'm diagnosed) brain needs something to latch onto and this is the easiest way for me to do it. So if anyone asks me what I'm expecting/hoping, my answer will be the same. It keeps me from becoming overwhelmed by the enormous number of possibilities.

ETA: I meant to quote you, but I have no idea how to do it with this new interface. Clicking "+Quote" accomplished absolutely nothing.

ETA: I meant to quote you, but I have no idea how to do it with this new interface. Clicking "+Quote" accomplished absolutely nothing.
When you click “+Quote” you should see the message “Message added to multi-quote” pop up. If you select the “insert quotes... “ option, you should see the whole message that you clicked “+Quote” on. Just select the “quote messages” option and you should be good to go. Alternatively, if you select “reply” or highlight some/all of the text and click the quote option that appears (different from “+Quote”), then the quoted message will be added directly to your post without you having to manually select it.

When you click “+Quote” you should see the message “Message added to multi-quote” pop up. If you select the “insert quotes... “ option, you should see the whole message that you clicked “+Quote” on. Just select the “quote messages” option and you should be good to go. Alternatively, if you select “reply” or highlight some/all of the text and click the quote option that appears (different from “+Quote”), then the quoted message will be added directly to your post without you having to manually select it.

Oh, there it is! Thank you!

Assuming the pattern continues, it will be amercia next, then europe. But I don't think it'll continue. I have my bets on central and eastern europe, but again this does not preclude china or india.

Yugosphere would be cool and has precedent, but it would be out of left field. And I have a feeling they're going out of left field.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom