• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

Germany and Turkey are also popular with Japanese Tourists as well.

In the past, I had been an advocate of a China-based Region in Gen 9 but you know what? I was satisfied by the taste of faux-China in the Isle of Armour that I would be fine if we didn't see China for some years.

That said, I'm still holding out for that Korean-Wave. :sneaky:

I think South Korea, India, China, Italy, Canada, Spain, Germany, and Australia are all likely locations for future regions. Of those, I think Australia and Canada are probably most likely up next since there are large parts of the fan base in those locations.

What about Greece? Greece has a lot of culture that could serve as good inspiration for a Pokemon game, and it has a relatively high population of gamers being a European country. I agree that Canada and Australia are the most likely seeing as they're the largest markets left that don't have representation (I would lean more towards Australia, but Canada's another big one), but I think Greece is on the list.

I think any of Canada, Australia, China, India, Greece, Italy, Germany, Spain, South Korea would be feasible locations in the next couple of gens.

If we’re going by places that are popular with Japanese tourists then regions based on South Korea, Australia, Hong Kong, Thailand, or Canada would be likely.
I think South Korea, India, China, Italy, Canada, Spain, Germany, and Australia are all likely locations for future regions. Of those, I think Australia and Canada are probably most likely up next since there are large parts of the fan base in those locations.
I think any of Canada, Australia, China, India, Greece, Italy, Germany, Spain, South Korea would be feasible locations in the next couple of gens.
Well, if Game Freak's going to notice this "Korean wave" thing, then I believe that the Gen 9 region could be based on the Korean Peninsula - if not, though, either Thailand or Australia could be the basis of the Gen 9 region.

I think this might not be an accident, considering Gen V was also the start of themed starters.

Gen V - Countries (Serperior is France, Emboar is China and Samurott is Japan)
Gen VI - The main three RPG classes (Chesnaught is the warrior, Delphox the mage and Greninja the thief)
Gen VII - Entertainers (Decidueye is a circus archer, Incineroar a heel wrestler and Primarina a singer/idol)
Gen VIII - British things (Rillaboom represents wild drumming, Cinderace soccer and Intelleon spies)
Oh, okay :sneaky:.

Do you’ll think we will get a new game on the day of the 25th Anniversary?
Maybe a spin-off or the rumored collection, but it's definitely way too good to be true for a main series game to be released in February.

Australia or Greece would be pretty cool for a region. Greece has a lot of stuff they could work with (Gods, other mythologies, philosophy, all that) while I feel Australia is a great fit if they continue to want to use Wild Areas.

Maybe something from South-America too. (Some Inca inspired stuff would be cool, not going to lie.)

Well, if Game Freak's going to notice this "Korean wave" thing, then I believe that the Gen 9 region could be based on the Korean Peninsula - if not, though, either Thailand or Australia could be the basis of the Gen 9 region.
They're a Japanese company. They're never gonna touch Korea lol.

High probability: Greek/Egypt, Australia, California, Japan again
Medium: Mexico, Thailand, India

Especially considering the feud between Japan and South Korea, it looks as if you're right :sneaky:...

I agree with your opinion here regarding what the Gen 9 region will be based on a lot...

Likelihood of former Yugoslavia, Russia, Germany, or Scandinavia?

I don't know why people have such strong convictions about this. Korean culture is very popular in Japan and for years there have been several anime and manga set in Korea with Korean heroes - some of which required joint production between Japan/South Korean studios.

Thus to say that GameFreak would definitively "never" touch Korea is as ludicrous to me as saying they would never base a Region off of America because of WWII as well and we saw how Gen V turned out. :unsure:

a hyper-urbanized region in the same vein as Unova, based on south-korea would be really sick. It's probably what I want most for gen 9, but at this point I'm not too concerned with that the region is, I just want it to be well designed.

While I think there's next to no chance we'll get gen 9 next year (DP remake time), given its the 25th anniversary and all, I wouldn't be surprised if TPC did some franchise roadmap for the near future of the series where they mention/soft announce gen 9 for 2021

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom