• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

My want for Gen 9 is a region based on China.

Can 100% guarantee it won't be China.
The list of reasons being Hong Kong, Tibet, Taiwan, Southern Mongolia, Covid, ethnic cleansing in Xinjiang, bullying of India, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand.
Plus the Communist party themselves don't allow sale of anything china related that doesn't show what they see as china in full, so including, Tibet, Xinjiang, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Southern Mongolia.

You may say oh well technically Poke China is not actually China, well that cute little technicality may work in a country that follows the rule of law, but it won't wash with the CCP and those games would be banned.

I really don't get all the attention on graphics. To me Sw/Sh and LGPE are an acceptable standard. People like Botw's realism well ok good for them, but it has no storyline.

BotW isn't all that realistic, the cel shaded graphics make it look slightly more cartoony. It's realistic by Nintendo standards maybe, but that's not saying much because they make almost all of their games cartoony.

SwSh's graphical issues aren't as much a matter of making them look realistic. I agree that the artstyle is fine, and most 3D games tend not to look wildly different even when they are high quality because of diminishing returns when it comes to graphical improvements and sticking with an artstyle when they find one that works. SwSh's issues are a matter of detail and polish, the textures are too low res and blurry and the animations are too simplistic making it feel sort of robotic and uncanny valley. What they need to do to improve the graphics is put in more attention to detail to make the game feel more like a living, breathing world, the differences would be subtle but still impactful.

This can be Mahon Region only the terrain part

Attachments

• state-of-maharashtra-india-true-colour-satellite-image-E4DPHX.jpg
    state-of-maharashtra-india-true-colour-satellite-image-E4DPHX.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 35
I’m banking on another US region since there seems to be a pattern of alternating between European countries and parts of the US.

US (NYC) —> Europe (France) —> US (Hawaii) —> Europe (UK)

While patterns can be broken as shown multiple times throughout the series, I still think the prediction holds a little water considering it’s not completely baseless speculation.

Isn't Japan usually at odds with China? I'm not sure if Gamefreak would ever want to go down that road because of the controversies it might have in Japan.

Isn't Japan usually at odds with China? I'm not sure if Gamefreak would ever want to go down that road because of the controversies it might have in Japan.
Same with Korea. Pokemon was actually never released in South Korea until Diamond and Pearl, save for a modified version of Gold and Silver.

Australia and India can both work. They've both got distinct cultures that they can draw upon for pokemon designs, and feature iconic landmarks that they can incorporate into the region.

I personally think a blending of italy and spain will be next.

Why a blend of Italy and Spain? Wouldn't it make more sense to have a blending of Portugal and Spain, since most of their ground borders are with eachother?

Or for that matter either Romania and Moldova, European Russia with Ukraine and Belarus, Denmark Norway and Sweden, Germany and Austria, Czechia and Slovakia, Poland and Belarus, the aforementioned entire former Yugoslavia, and Cascadia with Canada's west coast.

Also, add Andorra to that hybrid, for completeness's sake.

Yeah no, I don't think Pokemon will do anything that even remotely resembles the Soviet Union. That's just asking for a ban in the U.S., which is one of the most profitable regions when it comes to the video-game industry in general.

I don't think this would go well...

Well duh. It was an example of illustrating how combining countries kind of has to be done with a very fine hand.

Yeah no, I don't think Pokemon will do anything that even remotely resembles the Soviet Union. That's just asking for a ban in the U.S., which is one of the most profitable regions when it comes to the video-game industry in general.

Why? The US isn't anything close to russophobic (especially compared to what I just mentioned).

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom