• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

Too close to Alola. I personally think the new hot region isn't going to be the stereotypical desert or tropics most commonly used to signify "hot". Southern Europe springs to mind, namely Spain, Greece, and the former Yugoslavia. The former two are western-European (Greece more culturally than anything else) so I'd preclude them going by this pattern.

I don't think we will get a European Region after we got Galar, again, because of pattern. If we go by pattern, Canada is most likely next.

I don't think we will get a European Region after we got Galar, again, because of pattern. If we go by pattern, Canada is most likely next.
Mexico is another possibility IMHO. A lot of Mesoamerican gods could be some really awesome inspiration for some super cool legendary Pokemon.

If I had to guess, I'd say after Galar they'd go back to somewhere a bit warmer.

The obvious guess would be somewhere like Spain, but I'd really want them to adapt Egypt since I've been playing "Assassin's Creed: Origins" recently and so I've been reading about the history of the country. Fascinating stuff~

Heres proof they went to california right before swsh released.
Theres also pictures of them in a california forest with a grookey plushie, but im not looking for those lol.
I'm not 100% sure the region will be California, but if I had to guess it would be there.

Last edited:
That would cement the pattern (since Gen 5) that the regions of all the odd-numbered gens are based on parts of the US, while the regions of all the even-numbered gens are based on parts of Europe.

That would cement the pattern (since Gen 5) that the regions of all the odd-numbered gens are based on parts of the US, while the regions of all the even-numbered gens are based on parts of Europe.
So I guess we might get a California-based region for Gen 9 and an Italy-based region for Gen 10, after all :sneaky:...

Unpopular opinion: I’d rather we don’t get any more regions based on the US for some time. There are parts of Asia that are not Japan, why not represent those? It’s not really "fair" for the lack of a better term.

I mean, that they go to California, doesn't mean gen 9 will be set there, since the planning fase for gen 9 was most likely already underway in January of 2019. However, it might mean one of the future regions might be set in California. For all we know gen 9 is Australia, gen 10 is Europe and gen 11 is California (Or Europe and California switch)

Mostly for a lack of biome diversity. Australia is pretty much a giant desert, which wouldn't look good from an aesthetic point of view. I expect another Asian region next.
This isn't true, while it is mostly desert it also has a lot of savanna and tropical areas
Also the regions aren't supposed to be 100% accurate to the real versions, thats why every region has a random sand desert in it even though its not accurate to the irl areas they're based on

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom