• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

Cali would be interesting. We could get some areas based on silicone valley (easy way to get Porygon and Type: Null) or Sacramento (to reference the gold rush. Though I wonder if they’d have the balls to do areas based on Disneyland or Compton.
Probably just have some sort of theme park for Disney. There's also Hollywood, the Golden Gate Bridge, Death Valley, and the Redwood forest.

Stream had a Pikachu in Dutch peasant dress.

The one before SS had a pikachu in a tartan

I rest my case.

mod edit: original thread title was "Gen 9 will basically be a polished updated SWSH" from which this post was merged from.

What I mean is it will be what Gen 7 was to Gen 6. Same hardware but Gen 7 had more natural flowing environments and routes (not grid based), proper character models, better battle backgrounds, a more cohesive story and overall game to xy.

By this logic I see Gen 9 going full throttle with open routes/cities like SWSH DLC and LA. More polished graphics and textures overall if the style is the same. A more cohesive and fleshed out story and in general basically a polished, updated version of SWSH.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
So far, 60 species of Pokemon are yet to appear in a main series Switch game:

• Snivy, Servine and Serperior
  • Tepig, Pignite and Emboar
  • Patrat and Watchog
  • Pansage and Simisage
  • Pansear and Simisear
  • Panpour and Simipour
  • Blitzle and Zebstrika
  • Sewaddle, Swadloon and Leavanny
  • Ducklett and Swanna
  • Deerling and Sawsbuck
  • Alomomola
  • Tynamo, Eelektrik and Eelektross
  • Meloetta
  • Chespin, Quilladin and Chesnaught
  • Fennekin, Braixen and Delphox
  • Froakie, Frogadier and Greninja
  • Scatterbug, Spewpa and Vivillon
  • Litleo and Pyroar
  • Flabebe, Floette and Florges
  • Skiddo and Gogoat
  • Furfrou
  • Hoopa
  • Pikipek, Trumbeak and Toucannon
  • Yungoos and Gumshoos
  • Crabrawler and Crabominable
  • Oricorio
  • Minior
  • Komala
  • Bruxish

Do you think it's safe to assume that these Pokemon will all be appearing in Gen 9 (either in the regional dex, or as hidden extras), to ensure every Pokemon has appeared in at least one Switch game?

Deerling and Sawsbuck have never appeared in a regional dex outside Unova before, presumably because they rely on the seasons to change form, but perhaps they could be given a new form-changing method. Oricorio's nectars, meanwhile, could be obtained from flowers dotted around the new region, or purchased from one of those market stalls that sells interesting knick-knacks.

Last edited:
So far, 60 species of Pokemon are yet to appear in a main series Switch game:

• Snivy, Servine and Serperior
  • Tepig, Pignite and Emboar
  • Patrat and Watchog
  • Pansage and Simisage
  • Pansear and Simisear
  • Panpour and Simipour
  • Blitzle and Zebstrika
  • Sewaddle, Swadloon and Leavanny
  • Ducklett and Swanna
  • Deerling and Sawsbuck
  • Alomomola
  • Tynamo, Eelektrik and Eelektross
  • Meloetta
  • Chespin, Quilladin and Chesnaught
  • Fennekin, Braixen and Delphox
  • Froakie, Frogadier and Greninja
  • Scatterbug, Spewpa and Vivillon
  • Litleo and Pyroar
  • Flabebe, Floette and Florges
  • Skiddo and Gogoat
  • Furfrou
  • Hoopa
  • Pikipek, Trumbeak and Toucannon
  • Yungoos and Gumshoos
  • Crabrawler and Crabominable
  • Oricorio
  • Minior
  • Komala
  • Bruxish

Do you think it's safe to assume that these Pokemon will all be appearing in Gen 9 (either in the regional dex, or as hidden extras), to ensure every Pokemon has appeared in at least one Switch game?

Deerling and Sawsbuck have never appeared in a regional dex outside Unova before, presumably because they rely on the seasons to change form, but perhaps they could be given a new form-changing method. Oricorio's nectars, meanwhile, could be obtained from flowers dotted around the new region, or purchased from one of those market stalls that sells interesting knick-knacks.
I think it's pretty likely that we will see them next Gen, yeah.

Khu's hints at a DLC being revealed in April are telling me that we might not be hearing about Generation 9 anytime soon.

I think Gen 8 is going to be 4 years long.

I wonder if Enamorus being introduced in Legends is a hint towards us getting Unova remakes in Generation IX?
I feel like it would mean the opposite, because if we were returning to Unova in the near future, why wouldn't they introduce her then when it would make far more sense? And we got the whole OG trio, too, it'd be pretty redundant.

Is Khu gonna be the Gen 9 guy? I really hope not

He says he is, anyway. Says it's going to be a busy year for leaks/hints/riddles.

I wonder if Enamorus being introduced in Legends is a hint towards us getting Unova remakes in Generation IX?
I wouldn't say it is. Not like Regidrago and Regieleki are a hint of new Hoenn games, after all.

It's the Netherlands, I'm telling you. Not only from the pikachu plush (which was dressed like a Dutch peasant) in the treehouse video that announced legends: arceus, but it would be the perfect way to iterate on that game's wide environments with a full open world.

It's the Netherlands, I'm telling you. Not only from the pikachu plush (which was dressed like a Dutch peasant) in the treehouse video that announced legends: arceus, but it would be the perfect way to iterate on that game's wide environments with a full open world.
Dutch Pikachu has been around for a long time, way before the Legends Treehouse video, IIRC it was part of a set of 5 collectibles - Japanese, Chinese, American, British and Dutch.

I really doubt it was intended as a mystery clue to Gen 9. :unsure:

But hear me out…a tiny Liechtenstein region for Gen 9

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom