• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

For the record, and I guess any other plush-based guesses as to what the next region will be, the plush featured next to Masuda in the photo are...

Top Shelf

Bottom Shelf

For the record, and I guess any other plush-based guesses as to what the next region will be, the plush featured next to Masuda in the photo are...

Top Shelf

Bottom Shelf

So i guess China next then, California for gen 10 and then Netherlands for gen 11.

Sooo, new topic related to Gen 9. What from Legends Arceus do you think will carry over to Gen 9 (to clarify, I mean the debut games of Gen 9 like what SwSh are to Gen 8, not a second Legends game in Gen 9)? LA's gameplay changes are revolutionary and well accepted so I think some of these features may end up being permanent changes to the formula, but they'll probably want to keep some of them exclusive so they can keep Legends going as a running subseries.

So here's what I think might stay for Gen 9:

-The EL system. It's so much more simplistic and accessible than EVs and IVs that I can't see them wanting to go back. There is an issue with having to convert old EVs and IVs to ELs, but they're no stranger to doing this in transfers (see: VC games to Gen 7)
-Strong Style/Agile Style. Everyone's been waiting for a shakeup to the battling like this for a while. Additionally, some of the new Hisuian evolutions use the Strong/Agile style system for their evolution methods, so they'll need to include this or else come up with something else in any future game those Pokemon appear in. It does sort of take the uniqueness out of battling away from LA, but I think future Legends games can go real time battling to compensate.
-Allowing you to switch movesets in the Pokemon menu without needing a Move Reminder. Major QoL improvement here.
-Seamless overworld battles. Just makes the games feel much more realistic by having them take place in the overworld instead of some random field that feels like it's in another dimension. I don't think anything else about the overworld battles such as being able to throw Poke Balls from the overworld to battle or Pokemon attacking the trainer will carryover, these mechanics make the game feel more like an ARPG and that could cannibalize future Legends games, but seamless overworld battles should stay.
I want Arceus' open world. I know it's not a true open world, but I want a true one

Is there any kind of item similar to the tiki idol from xy in legends arceus?

What cushions?
These ones-

Cove_Lily_Motel_1F_ORAS.png

They're Sun and Moon's signature colors. There's also a palm tree there, I'm noticing. The Sun/Moon tease was strong with this one.

Well, only until Pokemon Day, then it's fair game.

Still too early for Gen 9 when Legends Arceus just released a month ago. The game needs time to breathe, if they announce Gen 9 just after we got it then it'll cannibalize LA's sales. More likely announcement is DLC for later in the year, and barring that, a smaller project like LG Johto or something. Whatever the case, it's not going to be smart for them to release or even announce the Gen 9 games this year (short of maybe a vague teaser like they did in 2017 and 2018). It's going to overshadow everything and kill sales of anything else they have right now. I don't expect a full announcement of Gen 9 until Pokemon Day 2023.

Last edited:
Gen 9 shouldn't even be mentioned by Game Freak this year. They should just let Legends Arceus bask in its spotlight uncontested, except for maybe some updates to BDSP as well. Basically, 2022 should be a Sinnoh only year.

Still too early for Gen 9 when Legends Arceus just released a month ago. The game needs time to breathe, if they announce Gen 9 just after we got it then it'll cannibalize LA's sales. More likely announcement is DLC for later in the year, and barring that, a smaller project like LG Johto or something.
I strongly doubt that we will ever get another Let's Go.

I strongly doubt that we will ever get another Let's Go.

"or something", as in that's an example of the caliber of game we might expect should they release one this year. But I don't think that's what we're getting. I would place my bets on LA DLC, maybe with BDSP DLC along with it. Release DLC by the second half of the year and sell a LA + DLC bundle for the holidays like they did with SwSh in 2020 to help carry LA's momentum through the entire year. Then maybe next year we'll talk Gen 9.

"or something", as in that's an example of the caliber of game we might expect should they release one this year. But I don't think that's what we're getting. I would place my bets on LA DLC, maybe with BDSP DLC along with it.
What content would be in a DLC for BDSP? Mythical Pokemon? It's not a game well-suited to DLC. Arceus is the more likely option.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom