• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen III Graphics

totally they were just the right size not big like in gen IV and not to small
and considering what gsc looked like they were stunning

I have to say I think Gen III's had more time put into them and were ultimately better and more interesting than those of Gen IV.

The Only thing i hate as the generations progress is HOW SLOW THE ANIMATIONS ARE
i mean in fr/lg they were perfect then d/p/pt they were alright now black and white ITS SO SLOW!

I have to agree that the only fault wih the new graphics is that framerate is less. Down from 60 to 30 even in BW.

The Only thing i hate as the generations progress is HOW SLOW THE ANIMATIONS ARE
i mean in fr/lg they were perfect then d/p/pt they were alright now black and white ITS SO SLOW!

Slow in BW?
I dunno what you are talking about.

In DPpt it was slow, very slow, but in BW it isn't so slow as was before.

The framerate is still only 30. Same in DPPt and HGSS. It came down from 60 from Gen III. Although the framerate during the battles in BW is increased to 60 again.

Like I said: It isn't so slow as was before, at least in the battles.

Remember guys, this thread is about Gen III graphics. Comparison to past and future generations is fine, but this tangent about the Gen IV/V framerate drop is now almost completely removed from Gen III talk.

The one problem with Gen III was the flat cliffs. I really didn't like the way the hills were all flat. Somehow even Gen I/II had better cliffs/hills. But thats just my opoinion. I liked the pastel colour scheme. The problem with Gen IV graphics was the grass, but they fixed that in HG/SS. And now before I go way off topic, I end this post.

To throw in my two cents, I loved the Gen 3 graphics.For me that was the one point where gen 3 completly surpassed Gen 2.

Gen III's graphics were great for the time. I liked how fast and smooth everything was.

To go from the 8(or 16 I'm not sure)-bit game without a pokemon having it's own party sprite, to the smoth, non-pixeley clorful graphics of Gen III is a big difference. I thought that Gen III had the best graphics that would ever be in a pokemon game. Then came D/P/Pt.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom