• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen V Disapointment

Also the ones you catch in the wild wouldnt be as strong as one you raised since like level one.... and you dont have to catch them if you dont want too... if i caught one it would just be kinda an impressive feat...and ill admit i like being able to catch stone ones

Also the ones you catch in the wild wouldnt be as strong as one you raised since like level one.... and you dont have to catch them if you dont want too... if i caught one it would just be kinda an impressive feat...and ill admit i like being able to catch stone ones

Yeah, it's not necessarily "Better"

Catching them for me is usually just like a trophy or something. If I intend to use them a lot, I'll probably raise them by hand.

Metagross has the same catch rate as the hardest legendary Pokemon to catch. :( Yeah, I'm just going to stick with my bred one...

Doesn't Metagross have a catch rate similar to most Legendaries? Catching ut is no small feat then.

Catch rate of 3, which most legendaries have.

Yep.

Then there's the appearance rate. I've said it a couple of times before but, it personally took me over 5 hours to find mine, and then 60+ Balls thrown at it [It finally went inside a timerball = 3 = ]

In those 5 hours I could've raised a beldum, but I did catching metagross for the thrill and so I could say I caught it in the wild.

I think I got three or four triple battles and two rotation battles in White. I assume the inverse is true for Black.

My Metagross was the first thing I saw in the Great Chasm....

I was happy.

So yeah, I'm not complaining. I got lucky and I feel really proud of that catch.

My biggest complaint is that the trainers and wild Pokemon are more harder to beat than the Gym Leaders.

Doubles weren't all that common in RS either. But then in Emerald... Doubles everywhere. I think there were almost as many doubles as there were singles. I assume the same will happen when the Deluxe version to BW come s out. Maybe not on the same degree as Emerald as the number of Double Battles there was A LOT.

I think that with the whole 'new evos for old pokemon' thing, it would have made me happy if they did what they did for DP, and make it so you can't get them till you've got the national dex (ie Gallade, Electivire, Magnezone, Yanmega etc). That way you still have to play the game with the brand new ones, and once you're done you can play around with the new evos. I swear by Gallade, I think hes amazing. I personally would like to see a Donphan or Banette evo. It worked for DP, I don't see why it wouldn't work with BW

Here's my disappointment about Black and White (not Generation V, for me, since it's still early):

* The walking Pokemon feature was removed - This is one of the features that made HGSS shined (although, of course, it was first incorporated in Yellow), but I wondered why it was removed in BW. But I guess the reason is that it can't be handled by the size of the memory of the games; but what makes me wonder is that why they had retained their overworld sprites when encountering them on Entralink Forest.

* Nature sounds were removed - First introduced in HGSS, the one where when you're near the water, you can hear the waves of the seas; and when you're on a small windmill, you can hear it blowing the air. In BW though, when I went beside the water, I didn't hear anything water splashing, just the music, so I also wonder why they'd removed this.

* The battle field was just a plain circle with a color depending on the area - In Generation III and Generation IV, when you encounter a Pokemon on the grass, you can see the battle field with some grass; and when you encounter a Pokemon on a cave, you will see the battle field with rocks. This was removed though in BW, with just a plain green circle as a battle field in the grass, and a plain blue cirlce battle field on water. I mean, why, as they've made the battle scene so much better, why'd they remove this? This should have added to the enjoyability of the battles. (NOTE: In case you're wondering, what I'm referring to is the field that Pokemon are stepping to when in battle, not the background of the place in a battle).

* The automatic Running Shoes is removed - Again, first introduced in HGSS, this had really helped me a lot, even when I mostly using the Bicycle, this is useful for me when you're a house so that you wouldn't press the B button to run. Unfortunately, this was removed in BW.

* Black City and White Forest becoming deserted as day passes - These are the first exclusive areas in the entire series, but if you want to fully enjoy them, you have to go there and do you duties as fast as possible before it will become deserted. The one I hated here is that the only way for it to restore is by using Entralink, and it's only a wireless feature, not Wi-Fi. What GF didn't thought is that how if a player doesn't have neighbors or even friends or cousins nearby that have BW? So for them, when Black City/White Forest becomes deserted, it's deserted forever, unless they've found a stranger with a BW where you two can agree to use Entralink, of course.

* You can only experience Triple Battles and Rotational Battles a fewer times - As they have advertised heavily the creation of the Triple Battles, you can only experience them limitedly, same with the Rotational Battles.

I really hope these would be fixed on the third version (if there will have one) or the Ruby/Sapphire remakes (again, if there will have one). Overall, I'm fine on the new features and designs of the Generation V Pokemon and that there are no Generation V Pokemon that are related to Generation I-Generation IV Pokemon since these games are meant to have a "fresh" start. Feel free to criticize my disappointments on the games though, but whatever may happen, this is just my opinion, and we all have opinions regarding this. Sorry for the wrong grammars also since English is not my primary language.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
@Ranger Jack Walker: I guess so that you could use the Entralink feature for it to be restored. So, aside from these being the first version-exclusive areas, I can also say these are "gimmick" areas for the Entralink feature. :)

Here's my disappointment about Black and White (not Generation V, for me, since it's still early):

* The walking Pokemon feature was removed

* Nature sounds were removed

* The battle field was just a plain circle with a color depending on the area

* The automatic Running Shoes is removed

* Black City and White Forest becoming deserted as day passes

* You can only experience Triple Battles and Rotational Battles a few times

for points 1, 2, & 4, Black and White went into production BEFORE HG and SS, so no, they weren't "removed" as everyone and their dead grandmother keeps pushing /rant over

but about point 4 again - i was upset that it wasn't incorporated in, but pushing a button i've pushed millions of times in the earlier games won't kill anyone, or me.

for point 5 - i am genuinely pissed that i need a "real" person here with me to make an exclusive area in the game (an area that was showboated to no end mind you) to even remain useful or legitimate is just BS. why should i be forced to rush through my game in 10 real days just to keep that place somewhat useful?

for point 6 - i agree here. i'm at the league and i think i've only had about 2 or 3 triple battles. with them praising their new battle system i would've thought about 80% of the battles to be with, and i know its a bit of a stretch here, the new battle system! :/

I find there's too much going on in the storyline, keep getting pushed around in every direction to a-button through walls of discussion.

Plasma, Cheren and Bianca's really getting a bit obnoxious.

Won't you just let me walk around and catch pokémon, thanks?

@yourlilemogirl: Yep, I can see that BW was already in production even before Platinum and HGSS were released, but I don't know if the nature sounds and the auto run was still in the codings in the game (I hope someone confirms it though). On point 4, they should have made also an option as Wi-Fi for faraway players so at least they can restore BC/WF back to normal. On point 5, I was even wondering why there are only a fewer triple/rotational battles when they had advertised them so heavily in the Japanese trailers before that I thought this would be common in the games. Again, I hope this would be fixed on BW's third version, RS remakes, or Generation VI (if the former 2 won't be made). :)

i actually liked the fact that there were so many new pokemon, but it also was quite sad that they didn't bring in any new evos, it would've been nice to see something like luvdisc getting alomomola as an evo, because that really disappointed me that luvdisc is now just completely forgotten because there's a new pokemon that looks very similar to it

Yes, I was also surprised that Alomomola was not an evolution of Luvdisc, but I liked how the dex was kind of similar to Kanto.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom