• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen V Disapointment

Biggest disappointment was N imo.

Team Plasma was alright apart from him.

Everything else was great though.

Why is he so bad? I thought he was one of the best characters (if not the best character) the pokemon series has produced in a while.

I don't know, maybe it's because I expected a better character from him.

He's not a bad character by any measure, far too overrated imo though.

I think the fact that Berries are gone into the subconscious mind, there's no Vs. Seeker, no Game Corner, no regular items or berries can be transferred from Generation V, and there are no evos or prevos, especially after being teased by Emolga and Alomomola, that these are the biggest disappointments of Generation V so far

pokemon have to many preevos. i could c many pokemon b 2 part evolutions: vaniluxe, gothitelle, reuniclus, klink, ect it dosent seem like much but that allows for 2+ more pokemon lines. and so many pokemon needed preevos: alomomola, cryogenal, heatmore, durant(actually an evo), audino. i just thought they couldof used it.

Berries and Vs. Seeker. If there were two things I could bring back it would be those.

I wasn't really disappointed since I already knew most of this stuff, but the one thing that really disappoints me is that after buying White and playing it, I don't feel like I'm enjoying it as much as I enjoyed SoulSilver. Something about BW just makes me enjoy playing it less.

I really wanted your Pokémon to follow you again, like they did in HGSS...

That was the biggest let down, I think. Why would they allow you to do that and then take it away.
Aren't these features in the game supposed to get progressively better, not worse?

How much of a pain it is to access my Pokedex/Pokemon/etc. I really liked HGSS' interface and wished they kept that.

The lack of Move Tutors (beyond Draco Meteor and the moves your starters can learn--I mean the ones from previous gens that could teach your Pokemon super powerful moves that it had forgotten or couldn't otherwise learn), and Move Deleters also disappointed me.

WHY AM I NOT ABLE TO FIGHT THE SAGES, THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME.

Battling the Sages would be awesome. I wonder if they'd have any themes in their teams. By color perhaps?

Technically none of the teams you listed actually wanted to rule the world> Galactic comes pretty close to it but rather than dealing with the hassle of ruling this world Cyrus would rather erase it and create his own. :p And Team Aqua and Magma never expressed any desire to rule the world. They genuinely belived that their actions would benefit the world.

Technically, Cyrus did too. He was just batshit insane about it.

Really the only team boss who's stated, in their function as boss, any desire to rule the world is Ghetsis. Giovanni did in his HGSS event but he wasn't really boss any more.

Also if you nitpick and insist that N is the Plasma boss, I must insist you replay the game because then you missed a major point.

@Blackjack Gabbiani I thought you could battle some of the sages, but I am not sure anymore.
I know that I did hunt them down, but some had lackeys fight me and some gave up without resistance.

It's just, Bleah. I really don't like the pokemon, the geogaraphy is meh, and its just all around bleah.

Where to start...

1# Complete lack of Contests: I don't care for the Musicals at all. They should have added the Hoenn Contest back, and got rid of the awful Sinnoh ones.

2# No Baby Pokemon: Not even any Gen V ones. Did they completely forget that they added Vullaby and Rufflet? They are fine as long as they are not used to fill up the Pokedex like they did in Gen IV, use Gen III as an example. And Meowth is still waiting for a pre-evo.

3# No new evolutions: I wouldn't be that bothered if they had at least added an Eeveelution.

4# No time-of-day-based encounters: Just because you add season-based encouters, should not be a reason to remove time-of-day-based encounters.

5# Removal of the ???-type: Just because.

6# No Walking Pokemon: Though purely a gimmick to get people to buy HG/SS, it was still a good gimmick.

7# No Pokewalker: Same as above.

8# No Light (or any new) type: If you say you never ever mistook Reshiram and Zekrom to be Light/Dragon and Dark/Dragon respectively, your probably lying. I don't care if people think it will 'break the game' or whatever. New types will be needed at some point to keep the franchise fresh.

9# No Dual-type moves: Same as above.

10# Removal of Seals and Ball Capsules: Why did they remove this?

11# Poison no longer reduces health outside of battle: So, besides Badly Poisoned, what is the point in this status ailment anymore?

12# No rematches: Again, why did they remove the VS Seeker?

13# Removal of permenantly-turned on Running Shoes: Its annoying having to hold down B all the time.

14# GTS still filled with ridiculous trade offers: Surely they could have done something about this? Like search for someone needing a certain Pokemon, and see what they are offering, instead of just the other way around. The Negotiations do help to some extent, but it is still filled with greedy trainers. For example, you could be offering a Darumakka with its hidden ability or some unobtainable moves, but as soon as the other person sees the common Darumakka, they hit the unhappy face repeatedly, since their ability, moves, etc. is not initially displayed.

15# Bag O' Crap: Seriously, how are you supposed to work with this bag? Its just awful.

16# Few gender differences: Pururiru, Jellicent and Kenhoroh are the only ones with Nidoran-style gender differences. Why did they not make more of these?

-Lack of good TMs like Ice punch, fire punch, thunder punch, etc.
-Lack of variety in pokemons of the trainers in gyms. example in Nimbasa gym, they all have emolga wtf.
-Most of the Gen V pokemons' design are terrible, so is the naming.
-Bland starters
-Bag sorting is horrible. Pokeballs in the same section with held items which sometimes make items confusing.

Where to start...

1# Complete lack of Contests: I don't care for the Musicals at all. They should have added the Hoenn Contest back, and got rid of the awful Sinnoh ones.

2# No Baby Pokemon: Not even any Gen V ones. Did they completely forget that they added Vullaby and Rufflet? They are fine as long as they are not used to fill up the Pokedex like they did in Gen IV, use Gen III as an example. And Meowth is still waiting for a pre-evo.

3# No new evolutions: I wouldn't be that bothered if they had at least added an Eeveelution.

4# No time-of-day-based encounters: Just because you add season-based encouters, should not be a reason to remove time-of-day-based encounters.

5# Removal of the ???-type: Just because.

6# No Walking Pokemon: Though purely a gimmick to get people to buy HG/SS, it was still a good gimmick.

7# No Pokewalker: Same as above.

8# No Light (or any new) type: If you say you never ever mistook Reshiram and Zekrom to be Light/Dragon and Dark/Dragon respectively, your probably lying. I don't care if people think it will 'break the game' or whatever. New types will be needed at some point to keep the franchise fresh.

9# No Dual-type moves: Same as above.

10# Removal of Seals and Ball Capsules: Why did they remove this?

11# Poison no longer reduces health outside of battle: So, besides Badly Poisoned, what is the point in this status ailment anymore?

12# No rematches: Again, why did they remove the VS Seeker?

13# Removal of permenantly-turned on Running Shoes: Its annoying having to hold down B all the time.

14# GTS still filled with ridiculous trade offers: Surely they could have done something about this? Like search for someone needing a certain Pokemon, and see what they are offering, instead of just the other way around. The Negotiations do help to some extent, but it is still filled with greedy trainers. For example, you could be offering a Darumakka with its hidden ability or some unobtainable moves, but as soon as the other person sees the common Darumakka, they hit the unhappy face repeatedly, since their ability, moves, etc. is not initially displayed.

15# Bag O' Crap: Seriously, how are you supposed to work with this bag? Its just awful.

16# Few gender differences: Pururiru, Jellicent and Kenhoroh are the only ones with Nidoran-style gender differences. Why did they not make more of these?

Sinnoh contests were better than Hoenn contests, in my opinion.
No new evolutions because they wanted to move on, actually make a new generation, not just expand on the older ones.
The ??? type was pointless any way.
No Walking Pokemon: Though purely a gimmick to get people to buy HG/SS, it was still a good gimmick. Emphasis on gimmick.
There is enough types as there is, with out adding Light. Light would be horrible. What Pokémon become light and don't change types now? I hope they never add Light. It's Pokémon, not Yu Gi Oh.
Why would they do dual moves? Then the game would be completely broken.
If burn doesn't reduce health when your walking, why should poison?
GTS still filled with ridiculous trade offers: Surely they could have done something about this? Like search for someone needing a certain Pokemon, and see what they are offering, instead of just the other way around. The Negotiations do help to some extent, but it is still filled with greedy trainers. For example, you could be offering a Darumakka with its hidden ability or some unobtainable moves, but as soon as the other person sees the common Darumakka, they hit the unhappy face repeatedly, since their ability, moves, etc. is not initially displayed.

This isn't their fault, as you said, its annoying trainers.
The bag is fine.

I hate the bag sorting, well I hate where the Pokeballs are. Lack of Post-game content. I kinda wish the graphics were abit more like Mystery Dungeon. The grainy sprites are quite annoying though I do like the 3d effects.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom