• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Gen V Fighting Type Showdown!

Cyber Jet

Something for nothing
Reaction score
Well in Gen V we got some great fighting types.

But which one do you think is the best of them all?

For me my vote go's to Scrafty he may not have the attack power as the others but has great def/spk.def, a epic look, a great move poll that gets even dragon dance and great typing.

Last edited:
Virizion for me. Has a Grass-type, and the most graceful one. Surprised to see only two choices being chosen, like as if my option made more than one vote.

Thanks for reading.

Scrafty is definately my favourite of these guys. A brilliant concept for a pokemon, and a great basis for his unique typing. Seriously, using a lizard's shed skin as baggy pants and turning him into a street punk; I wish I could come up with stuff like that.
The fact that he can take a hit and dish out some damage doesn't hurt either.

Runners up are Conkeldurr, Pignite, Meloetta and Mienshao, in that order. Not entirely fond of the rest, which is a bit of bummer since fighting is one of my favourite pokemon types.

Throh and Sawk.

Pokemon so nice they made them twice. :)

I'm liking Scrafty, Meloetta, Mienshao, and Sawk the most; I dunno which I like more ot the first two.

I've never used any of them in my team but I voted for Virizion because I love it's simple and clean design.

Scrafty, of course.

By himself, my Scrafty took down three of the Elite Four, as well as most of the end game battles. He is also good competitively, as after one or two Bulk Ups, he can decimate an entire team with Drain Punch.

I like Mienfoo, so I voted for Mienshao. I like Scrafty by design and type, and same goes for Virizion.

Emboar and Scrafty. I love the idea of a sumo boar & a lizard with its shed skin pants :cool:

Last edited:
I'ma go with Sawk. I like its design and it proved itself to be very useful battle-wise.

Emboar, because he's the only fighting type I used up to now.

Scrafty has my vote. It alone, except for Samurott taking care of Girmsley's Scrafty, took down 3 of the Elite 4. Scrafty also has great typing. A fighting type that's immune to psychic moves. I like it. And not only can Scrafty kick ass, but it can take a hit without fainting. It's design is awesome too. They gave him a chicken comb and baggy pants. Chicken gangsta FTW.

Mienshao- amazing attack and speed, and can learn a pretty good haul of attacks. Fell in love with the little thing right away.
Scrafty comes close though! Gotta love his swagga.

There were lots of good fighting types this gen, but I hate Throh and Sawk.

Mienshao, all the way. Very elegant and streamlined design, but unique and interesting plus cool at the same time! Plus has amazing stats (attack, special attack, and speed) and good moves to support all this.

IMO he's the most unique fighting type (that is not a dual type), which is always a bonus.

Virizion has a very nice type combination, and is designed very elegantly.

Keldeo for being cute and water type.
And also loving it's S.ATK! ^^

EDIT: WUT?!
No one else likes poor lil Keldeo? D:

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom