• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen V - Should Ash leave the Anime?

Should Ash leave the anime?

• I like him, so he should stay.

Votes: 89 54.9%
  • I like him, but I think he should go.

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • I tolerate him, but he should stay.

Votes: 24 14.8%
  • I tolerate him, but he should leave.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I hate him. But he should stay.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I hate him, so he should go.

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RavenKingSage

MY NAME IS GUNDHAM TANAKAAAAAAAAA
Reaction score
With a new Gen on the horizon - and I'm surprised no one else came up with this - do you think Ash should be replaced?

Ash definitely should stay. I can tolerate him leaving, but I don't know how the anime will be handled in Gen V.

I tolerate Ash at most, but him leaving would be pointless since his replacement would most likely be a clone of him. Stupidly dense, childish, loud, obnoxious with an obtrusive mascot.

I'd be cool with Ash leaving if his replacement were actually different from him. Like, markedly different.

I think he should. D: And then this Gen, have BOTH heroes travel the region. For bloody serious.

And if they MUST keep Ash, keep Dawn as well, and have the Gen V boy travel with Ash. Brock has LONG overstayed his welcome for me.

I think he should. D: And then this Gen, have BOTH heroes travel the region. For bloody serious.

And if they MUST keep Ash, keep Dawn as well, and have the Gen V boy travel with Ash. Brock has LONG overstayed his welcome for me.

Nah, I don't think Brock is going anywhere for long. He's a staple of the series, like Ash and Pikachu, none of those three are going anywhere for long.

Sadly, he'll stay. He's somewhat bland, has Arceus-awful dialogue, and just plain annoys me. But he's the main character and carries the series mascot with him so I want him to stay.

I thought he should have left when Diamond & Pearl started and let the series star Dawn.

If he's not the main character, I'd like him and Dawn to stay as recurring rivals for the next gen main characters. Like we see them 1 out of 15 episodes and they show up in the movies, the Leagues and GF

Gen V guy would be a coordinator and Gen V girl a trainer...

but, Ash'll likely stay and I'm not mad, I like him.

If they were going to take Ash out, they should've done that after the 1st or 2nd generation. But since were all to fond of him to let him go, it's too late to change now.

I like Ash, I don't think that he has gotten stale yet so I'd prefer it if he stayed.

Ash, Pikachu, Jessie, James, and Meowth have 100% chance of staying.
I can never see them leaving, actually.

I've said this before: I think he should stay, but with a different role. Instead of going on another badge-collecting journey, he should mentor a younger trainer on his/her own badge quest. Or they might have Ash do something that has nothing to do with gym badges or league tournaments. Of course, that depends on some major creativity from the writers, and that may be expecting too much.

How many times have I griped about the writers?

As much as I like Ash but he needs to go. Not permanently but as a supporting character for he new main character.

Ash should stay for at least 2 more gens if not more... otherwise they'll just rush his story for no reason at all
Ash gradually improved since the first ep and I like to see him slowly continue this development and not get a random ending
I'd also like Dawn to stay too (but I know that's unlikely) especially since Ash and Dawn work great together as the stars of the show - they fit each other so much (as characters/friends, I don't care about shipping)

Let Ash stay but surely not Brock.His going gaga over Joy and Jenny is stale and its visibly clear that he is forced in the anime.Take him out and you won't find any difference in the anime or the movies.Also in Gen5 I would prefer a friendly rival for Ash,like Ritchie.

The show started with him, the show should end with him.

[/thread]

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom