• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen V WiFi RMT

GliscorMan

URPG!
Reaction score
First things first. This is for WiFi random matchup, so take that into account. I carry a strong dislike for legends, as well. This team is meant to hit fast and hit hard, leaving no room for the opponent to try anything clever. Almost everything here is also purely hypothetical at this point, save a few individual mons. So, without further ado...

Mienshao
Male
Jolly
Regenerator
@Focus Sash
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Moves:
-Fake Out
-U-Turn
-Hi Jump Kick
-Bounce (?)

Mienshao is the standard scout lead thing. The thing's massive speed allows ninjaness. Fake Out and U-Turn let it scout and heal with Regenerator. Focus Sash lets it actually carry that out. HJK for STAB, in case I need it. No idea what to put in the final slot, Bounce seems fun.

Galvantula
Female
Modest
Compoundeyes
@Choice Scarf
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Moves:
-Thunder
-Energy Ball/Giga Drain
-Bug Buzz
-Volt Switch/Hidden Power (?)

Special sweeper. Not too sure about the moves. Thunder's obvious STAB, same with Bug Buzz. I was thinking Energy Ball for coverage, but then wondered about Giga Drain. Wasn't sure if I wanted Volt Switch for easy damage and an escape or a Hidden Power (Ice? Rock? Fire?) for even more coverage. Was flipping between Choice Scarf/Specs.

Flygon
Female
Adamant
Levitate
@Choice Band
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Moves:
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Steel Wing

Outrage wrecks everything but steels. Small problem with those.

Mightyena
Male
Jolly
Moxie
@Muscle Band
100 HP/252 Atk/156 Spe
Moves:
-Retaliate
-Sucker Punch
-Snatch
-Fire Fang

Revenge killer with Retaliate. Fire Fang deals with the steels left over from Flygon/Galvantula's rampages. Sucker Punch and Snatch require a bit of prediction, but can be used well. Couple all this with Moxie and you have a powerhouse.

Metagross
Genderless
Careful
Clear Body
@Life Orb
252 HP/ 252 Atk/4 Def
Moves:
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Bullet Punch
-Explosion

Alternate lead, Careful lets it sponge some special hits fairly well. All-out suicide/attacking lets it wreck things before blowing up.

Gliscor
Male
Jolly
Poison Heal
@Toxic Orb
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Moves:
-Substitute
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

A little time to set up and Gliscor gets to use his coverage. Not too sure if this is a good idea, because I see Cobalion and Empoleon as potential problems to the team as a whole, but I have a soft spot for Gliscor.

So that's the team. I'd very much appreciate thoughts and stuff. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
For Mienshao, Hidden Power ice works very well for the final slot. Stone Edge is nice, too, to take care of those pesky flying types.
COnsider Fire Blast on Flygon to take care of those pesky steels :).
Consider toxicroak over Mightyena. It can substitute on a switch, then swords dance or sucker punch, reducing the need for prediction. There are also much better Moxie users, such as Salamence, so you don't need it for Moxie alone.
I know you want this to be a very offensive team, but all out offense without some form of defense = problems. Maybe try a Light Screen/Reflect user, or change Gliscor into a defensive wall. I would suggest the latter, because you dont' want to change the core focus of the team.

The Random Matchup for WiFi causes things to go very fast, in general, which is why I had decided for an almost entirely offensive team. I think I might use Stone Edge to go with Mienshao's attack. Fire Blast wouldn't really help Flygon, unless I swapped it for a mixed set. Choice Band kinda defeats that purpose. Would Fire Punch work instead? Toxicroak might be fun, but I like Mightyena for the combination of Moxie and Retaliate/Sucker Punch. Salamence is a bit frail, I think (plus I just don't like him). I was thinking of swapping Gliscor for a bulky water, like Seismitoed or Swampert.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom