• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI and the dub

They will probably air the X and Y series next January. The games come out in October so I expect a two month delay.

Okay first I'll say this. I am not an expert on how anime is done. with that said. 1 If there going to release the games simultaneously then they'd have to for the anime. I see no reason why they can't or shouldn't. the anime is made to promote the games it would be stupid of them not to do the same thing for the anime. 2 For all we know they could have already dubbed episode n and already started on x/y

red/blue release September 30, 1998/ anime air date September 8, 1998

gold/silver release September 4, 2000/ anime October 14, 2000

r/s is the only exception to the point im trying to make

d/ p release April 22, 2007/ anime April 20, 2007

b/w release March 6, 2011/ anime February 12, 2011

So I think you get the point.

edit:another example

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 release October 7, 2012/ anime counter part October 27, 2012

For all we know, 6th gen Pokemon could appear in the last several episodes of Episode N. (Where they'd come from? Not sure...)

Here's a thought, what if they American and Japanese teams worked together on the show, producing both versions together for international sychronicity?

Here's a thought, what if they American and Japanese teams worked together on the show, producing both versions together for international sychronicity?

The japanese team would have to work together with not just the american dubbing team, but the teams for every other country that wanted to air the episodes simultaneously. I don't think that's really be feasible.

Honestly, I don't see it happening for the anime, unless they cut the episode N saga short for the Japanese version so there's leeway for the other dubs to catch up, but I don't see that happening either.

Honestly, I don't see it happening for the anime, unless they cut the episode N saga short for the Japanese version so there's leeway for the other dubs to catch up, but I don't see that happening either.

We don't even know how long episode n will last

Yeah I'm wondering how to. Ever since TPCi took over, they have their dub coincide to the games as soon as possible.
1. "DP" - Games: April 22, 2007, Anime: April 20, 2007 (2 Days Difference)
2. "BW" - Games: March 6, 2011, Anime: February 12, 2011 (24 Days Difference)

And if you think about it, since the games are being released worldwide at the same time (Except for South Korea), it wouldn't be a smart for the games to be released long before the show while Adventures in Unova is still airing. So I think Japan will take a small hiatus with the show so TPCi can catch up and have a smaller dubbing gap.

Yeah I'm wondering how to. Ever since TPCi took over, they have their dub coincide to the games as soon as possible.
1. "DP" - Games: April 22, 2007, Anime: April 20, 2007 (2 Days Difference)
2. "BW" - Games: March 6, 2011, Anime: February 12, 2011 (24 Days Difference)

And if you think about it, since the games are being released worldwide at the same time (Except for South Korea), it wouldn't be a smart for the games to be released long before the show while Adventures in Unova is still airing. So I think Japan will take a small hiatus with the show so TPCi can catch up and have a smaller dubbing gap.

I don't know if Japan would want to take a small hiatus so that TPCI can dub more episodes. There is also the issue that more episodes would need to air than one a week in order for the gap to be shorten and taking the series off the air in Japan for a few weeks wouldn't really be the best choice either. Plus, the gap is already pretty small all things considered and I can't see them making the gap even smaller than it is already. I don't think that the games being released while Adventures in Unova is still airing would have a negative effect on the games. I still think that the only choice they could do would be to dub the first couple of episodes of the next series as a sneak peek shortly after the games are released in order to promote them and then premiere the series proper in a couple of months.

okay the only reason there was a gap in the first place was because the was a gap in the games. We don't know how long episode n is. So lets say it finishes in in June or July. We are only 14 eps behind if it stays at this rate x/y will air worldwide around the same time or at least the us and japan. If there releasing the games simultaneously out of respect for the fans why not do the same for the anime.

okay the only reason there was a gap in the first place was because the was a gap in the games. We don't know how long episode n is. So lets say it finishes in in June or July. We are only 14 eps behind if it stays at this rate x/y will air worldwide around the same time or at least the us and japan. If there releasing the games simultaneously out of respect for the fans why not do the same for the anime.

I seriously doubt that Episode N is going to be over in June or July. That would mean that the show would be on hiatus for around three or four months in Japan, which really isn't going to happen. I imagine that Episode N will last until a week or two before the games come out at best, so depending on when the games come out exactly in October, it won't be over until late September at the earliest. As for why they can't also simultaneously release the anime at the same time, it's most likely because there's more work to be done for dubbing than translating text. Providing English versions of the games is difficult too, but providing a dub the same week the Japanese version of the same episode airs would require a lot of work that I don't think that they could do. If most other companies struggle to get subbed versions up on the same day, I doubt that TPCI can handle doing that with the dub.

I seriously doubt that Episode N is going to be over in June or July. That would mean that the show would be on hiatus for around three or four months in Japan, which really isn't going to happen. I imagine that Episode N will last until a week or two before the games come out at best, so depending on when the games come out exactly in October, it won't be over until late September at the earliest. As for why they can't also simultaneously release the anime at the same time, it's most likely because there's more work to be done for dubbing than translating text. Providing English versions of the games is difficult too, but providing a dub the same week the Japanese version of the same episode airs would require a lot of work that I don't think that they could do. If most other companies struggle to get subbed versions up on the same day, I doubt that TPCI can handle doing that with the dub.

I get your point I really do. But consider mine as well. There is no reason to drag out episode n for 8 months. We have no idea how many episodes and how long in advance us receives the episodes in. why would they release the games the same year let alone the same month and not the anime. its like them saying here you go have the games the same month but your screwed on the anime

America is not the center of the world. They are not putting it on hiatus in Japan just so one country can air it at the same time for no real reason. Most countries are months and months behind, so Americans will just have to get used to that too.

I get your point I really do. But consider mine as well. There is no reason to drag out episode n for 8 months. We have no idea how many episodes and how long in advance us receives the episodes in. why would they release the games the same year let alone the same month and not the anime. its like them saying here you go have the games the same month but your screwed on the anime

I understand what you're saying as well and I appreciate that you understand what I'm saying too. The thing is that I don't see why they wouldn't keep Episode N going on until the next series was ready to go. Even with the sixth generation games being announced and all of the promotion they'll get in the coming months, they aren't going to disregard the next arc in BW and put the series on hold for three to four months, especially when they have made a big deal about N and Team Plasma appearing in the anime. I don't see what that would accomplish. If the opening for Rival Destinies is any indication, I think that TPCI could get the episodes before they air in Japan, but given how much time, money and energy it takes to dub a single episode, even if they do get the episodes that far ahead, I don't think that those episodes would be ready sooner. Plus, shortening the gap has more to do with how many episodes the channel that airs the series, in this case Cartoon Network, airs. Since I don't think that Cartoon Network has aired new episodes of Pokemon outside of its Saturday morning slot since the Tag Battle arc in DP, I doubt that they'll air more episodes beyond its weekly premieres anyway.

Personally, I don't really mind not getting the anime the same time we get the games. It would be nice and all, but I just don't think that it's possible to provide a dub for the episode that just aired in Japan a week before. I imagine that translating the text in the games and the process of dubbing a series are two very different and difficult processes. Besides that, the gap we have now is pretty small in itself and if they don't take any breaks for a long time, then it's just going to get shorter, although probably not extremely small, so we wouldn't have to wait that long to watch the new series dubbed. It would probably out in December or January at the latest and I don't think it would be that bad. Maybe it helps that I can easily see them providing the first few episodes as a sneak peek to tie into the games like what happened with R/S instead of Episode N being short or skipped altogether. There will just be a gap and we'd have to wait longer to see the series dubbed, which I'm okay with, especially when I would rather play the games this year as opposed to waiting until next year to do so just so that the new series could start around the time of their release.

I understand what you're saying as well and I appreciate that you understand what I'm saying too. The thing is that I don't see why they wouldn't keep Episode N going on until the next series was ready to go. Even with the sixth generation games being announced and all of the promotion they'll get in the coming months, they aren't going to disregard the next arc in BW and put the series on hold for three to four months, especially when they have made a big deal about N and Team Plasma appearing in the anime. I don't see what that would accomplish. If the opening for Rival Destinies is any indication, I think that TPCI could get the episodes before they air in Japan, but given how much time, money and energy it takes to dub a single episode, even if they do get the episodes that far ahead, I don't think that those episodes would be ready sooner. Plus, shortening the gap has more to do with how many episodes the channel that airs the series, in this case Cartoon Network, airs. Since I don't think that Cartoon Network has aired new episodes of Pokemon outside of its Saturday morning slot since the Tag Battle arc in DP, I doubt that they'll air more episodes beyond its weekly premieres anyway.

Personally, I don't really mind not getting the anime the same time we get the games. It would be nice and all, but I just don't think that it's possible to provide a dub for the episode that just aired in Japan a week before. I imagine that translating the text in the games and the process of dubbing a series are two very different and difficult processes. Besides that, the gap we have now is pretty small in itself and if they don't take any breaks for a long time, then it's just going to get shorter, although probably not extremely small, so we wouldn't have to wait that long to watch the new series dubbed. It would probably out in December or January at the latest and I don't think it would be that bad. Maybe it helps that I can easily see them providing the first few episodes as a sneak peek to tie into the games like what happened with R/S instead of Episode N being short or skipped altogether. There will just be a gap and we'd have to wait longer to see the series dubbed, which I'm okay with, especially when I would rather play the games this year as opposed to waiting until next year to do so just so that the new series could start around the time of their release.

call it wishful thinking. i am very impatient when it comes to pokemon and i hate watching the Japanese episodes because by the time it comes out in the us i wont care to watch it not to mention i like knowing whats going on with out having to figure it out by my self

What if they were going to take the hiatus anyways?

This is a show that (apart from when *that* incident occured) has consistently aired about 45-48 episodes a year for almost 16 years now. Unless N starts giving kids seizures I doubt there'll be a hiatus in the foreseeable future.

Dub won't skip Episode of N, don't count on that.

TBH, the dub is recorded when the episodes hasn't aired in Japan.
Exactly this. Not only DuArt has the episodes available before the Japanese airing, SDI Media Poland arranges worldwide audio mixing for all languages for roughly the same time, and the episodes are being translated as soon as english script is done, sometimes even before the English dub is recorded. It should be also mentioned that apparently (if RTL2's numbering is correct) the new dub season starts in Germany a day after it does in US...

I keep thinking DuArt is the weakest link here and with SDI redoing visual edits (TBC, titlecards) they could be dropped sometime soon or just used as a recording facility.

America is not the center of the world. They are not putting it on hiatus in Japan just so one country can air it at the same time for no real reason. Most countries are months and months behind, so Americans will just have to get used to that too.

They are producing the "base version" for all other dubs, though, so yes - it all depends on US branch, although they won't affect JP airing.

I know it all depends on the US branch, but every TV station all over the world airing the show the same week just isn't feasible.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom