• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Or 'Motorgoat.' Phhhshh....

Now all I can think of is riding Gogoat like a jet-ski and hooning up and down all those rivers...

GAMEFREAK, PLEASE LET GOGOAT LEARN SURF!!!

A fighting panda? KUNG FU PANDA!!!!

I also love the bird to death!

Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

Did anybody notice that in the illustration that shows the male protagonist riding Gogoat, on the right side are two Flechling and they have different color tones. I think that could be a Gender difference (it could be just a mistake by the illustrator but I'd like to belive the first)

I doubt they're female Gogoats. I know it's just a rumor, but that seems so...illogical? I know we have some drastic gender differences before, but that seems a bit unbelievable for them to be that tiny. I know the rumor also said you can't ride the female ones.

And yes, I know Wailord and Skitty can mate...but still :s

@Isramon, it might be shading, if you mean how one has a white stripe and the other has a gray stripe.

No. What I meant was that in the illustration, one Fletchling seem to be a darker set of orange than the one next to it. There are also two on the top left side and those too seem different then their partner. I'll try to get the illustration to show you

I also don't think it is a female Gogoat, not because of reproduction issues (we don't even know if Pokémon really "mate" to lay eggs, they are magical beings after all), but it just... doesn't seem likely. It is probably a pre-evolution OR maybe it is really nothing. Remember that most people thought Skyla would have a different outfit in B2W2 because of a low res screenshot last year?

Here, I found the picture and circled the Flechlings I talked about.
Riding-Goat-Pokemon-X-and-Y_1024x768.jpg
Notice how one Flechling of each couple is darker then the other.
Like I said, It could be a mistake made by the Illustrator, but it might be a Gender Difference.
In the real world, male Robins are a more brightly color then the females, yet both have the red color.

What's the point of making a gender difference so subtle you have to squint to tell apart?
I think It's just the shading.

I don't see a difference at all, either. And they've done pixel-hunt gender differences before (i.e. Torchic) .

No worries! :)
@Rainy Day; yep that was the picture I was talking about.

Wait, how does it indicate Fletching might evolve twice? My bad if it's something obvious.
After Fletchling's image in the Pokedex, there are two blank spaces before the next Pokemon. So either those are its two evolutions, or it only evolves once and the next Pokemon is a single stage.

Here, I found the picture and circled the Flechlings I talked about.
View attachment 87105
Notice how one Flechling of each couple is darker then the other.
Like I said, It could be a mistake made by the Illustrator, but it might be a Gender Difference.
In the real world, male Robins are a more brightly color then the females, yet both have the red color.

I don't see any difference in their in color. If one is darker than the others, it might be just a matter of shading.

After Fletchling's image in the Pokedex, there are two blank spaces before the next Pokemon. So either those are its two evolutions, or it only evolves once and the next Pokemon is a single stage.

Oh ok thanks :D

I also don't think it is a female Gogoat, not because of reproduction issues (we don't even know if Pokémon really "mate" to lay eggs, they are magical beings after all), but it just... doesn't seem likely. It is probably a pre-evolution OR maybe it is really nothing. Remember that most people thought Skyla would have a different outfit in B2W2 because of a low res screenshot last year?

I agree with this, Gogoat looks mostly based on a Ram or a Billy Goat, those being the Male Goats. Unless theres a gender difference where Female Gogoat lack beards and have shorter horns, I doubt they'll be female.

No worries! :)
@Rainy Day; yep that was the picture I was talking about.

Wait, how does it indicate Fletching might evolve twice? My bad if it's something obvious.

And given how early it is in the pokedex, it's probably the 2 evos for Fletchling rather than a single stage pokemon which generally appear slightly later in the game. Plus 3/5 regional birds have had 3 stage before.

Fletchling evos seem likely did anyone see the pidgey and Zigzagoon in the pokedex

And as I said in another topic, there doesn't seem to be any trace of cel outlines around those things, implying they are strictly environmental details because all in-game character renders have 1 pixel cel outlines.

Back
Top Bottom