• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

I hope pancham doesnt go fighting/dark.

I usually agree with your posts, but allow me to ask, why don't you want Pancham's evolution to have one of the best type combos in existence?

Fletchling has multiple reasons to plausibly become a fire type, as you just listed.
Fletchling has about as many reasons to evolve into a Fire/Flying as Hoothoot does to evolve into a Psychic/Flying. (Which it didn't.)

i hope gamefreak trolls you and gives us an evolution of noctowl that's psychic flying this gen. ;D
Considering Noctowl's one of my all-time Flying types I wouldn't necessarily mind seeing an evo, but I got more than enough mileage out of Noctowl as is -- doubly so for G5 giving it Tinted Lens as a Hidden Ability (seriously, double attack power against resistant targets? TAKE THAT YOU STEEL TYPES!)

I usually agree with your posts, but allow me to ask, why don't you want Pancham's evolution to have one of the best type combos in existence?

in all honesty, yes it may be one of the best combos in existance (only beaten by electric/ice [offensively] and ghost/fighting) but I too do not want him to be dark/fighting
don't get me wrong, it's a great typing, but i would prefer either pure fighting of grass/fighting

in all honesty, yes it may be one of the best combos in existance (only beaten by electric/ice [offensively] and ghost/fighting) but I too do not want him to be dark/fighting
don't get me wrong, it's a great typing, but i would prefer either pure fighting of grass/fighting

Sure, but we already have two Grass/Fighting, why one more? I am huge fan of Grass-type and it would make sense for a panda-based Pokémon to become Fighting/Grass, but in the end, Fighting/Dark is a better and more unique combo and the type does fit Pancham perfectly.

Sure, but we already have two Grass/Fighting, why one more? I am huge fan of Grass-type and it would make sense for a panda-based Pokémon to become Fighting/Grass, but in the end, Fighting/Dark is a better and more unique combo and the type does fit Pancham perfectly.

I'm not saying it hasn't been done before, it's just what I would prefer.
You can want him to be Dark/Fighting if you want, but I'm just saying that's what I would rather have.
No beef

I find it a little weird to make Pancham pure fighting but his evolution fighting/dark, since his appearance already fits the dark type.

A funny thing regarding it's proposed method of evolution, (needing another dark type pokemon in the party) it seems like it needs another dark type to 'recruit' it to the dark side, heh.

you know what? to be perfectly honest, i had a simple reason but i cant remember now for the life of me. lol! it was probably something petty, and i'll remember it later but right now, i'm okay with him evolving into fighting/dark, it would make sense.

*shrugsies*

what... was it... @_@;

I find it a little weird to make Pancham pure fighting but his evolution fighting/dark, since his appearance already fits the dark type.
I don't think this is actually that weird; in Black/White, they appeared to have made it a design goal for the player to meet a pure-typed Pokémon for a type before meeting a dual-typed Pokémon using that type(with the exception of Flying-type). With that in mind, if Pancham is a early Pokémon, it makes sense for it to be a pure Fighting type, at least in the beginning. It'll help newer players figure out the strengths and weaknesses of each type.

I don't think this is actually that weird; in Black/White, they appeared to have made it a design goal for the player to meet a pure-typed Pokémon for a type before meeting a dual-typed Pokémon using that type(with the exception of Flying-type). With that in mind, if Pancham is a early Pokémon, it makes sense for it to be a pure Fighting type, at least in the beginning. It'll help newer players figure out the strengths and weaknesses of each type.

Also, Azurill ---> Marill. Enough said.

It's actually a little clever - he's a naughty child who turns into a delinquent by hanging out with unsavory characters.

I'd be so happy if Pancham evolves into a Fighting/Dark type (much more than it becoming Fight/Grass or staying pure Fight). Pancham seems to have various traits about it that scream Dark type, but, sadly, it isn't. Plus Dark is probably my favourite type, there's very few Dark types that I actually dislike. And what Zeta says above about its supposed evolution method sounds really logical. I just hope it happens, since I am not a fan of Scrafty at all, so another Fight/Dark Pokemon, but this time one that I could like a lot, is fine with me!

Last edited:

Well I hope and think Pancham will stay pure fighting when it evolves. I also hope he can learn Leaf Blade.

I'm not sure what that has to do with my post?

He was referring to NoirGrimoir's post not yours
he was backing your post up

I think he was adding onto your response; Azurill came before BW, so GF has a precedent of changing types with evolution that started before Gen V.

Azurill came before BW, so GF has a precedent of changing types with evolution that started before Gen V.
That precedent goes all the way back to G1 if you include Eevee. But Eevee is also a unique case in having a large branched evolutionary family rather than linear evolution (like Azurill -> Marill).

I'd be so happy if Pancham evolves into a Fighting/Dark type (much more than it becoming Fight/Grass or staying pure Fight). Pancham seems to have various traits about it that scream Dark type, but, sadly, it isn't. Plus Dark is probably my favourite type, there's very few Dark types that I actually dislike. And what Zeta says above about its supposed evolution method sounds really logical. I just hope it happens, since I am not a fan of Scrafty at all, so another Fight/Dark Pokemon, but this time one that I could like a lot, is fine with me!

Agreed! :) I think that Pancham should become Fighting/Dark. But wait, I also think that as an upgrade to the leaf in its mouth, it should get a bamboo stick to fight with and learn a Grass type move to go along with it. That would be amazing.

I think he was adding onto your response; Azurill came before BW, so GF has a precedent of changing types with evolution that started before Gen V.

Yes, I was adding onto Meophist's post and backing him up. I was refering to Pokémon that look like they belong in a certain type, but doesn't (Azurill screaming Water type but being Normal); then evolution comes and they change into the type they resemble (Marill is a Water type), similar to the supposed scenario of Pancham looking like it's Dark but isn't, then actually gaining the Dark Type upon evolution.

Agreed! :) I think that Pancham should become Fighting/Dark. But wait, I also think that as an upgrade to the leaf in its mouth, it should get a bamboo stick to fight with and learn a Grass type move to go along with it. That would be amazing.[/QUOTE]

Well Leaf Blade would fit me as a Grass type move for Pancham.

Back
Top Bottom