• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

I hope this is the right thread, but Flabébé is the most annoying name to type in the entirety of Pokemon. Please just drop the accents before we release.

Nidoran♂ and Nidoran♀ are worse imo.

I 100% agree with you. They're the same names just with the male and female symbols. You would think they'd pick names that wouldn't need to have symbols incorporated something like Nidoranio (Nidoran♂) and Nidorania (Nidoran♀), these of course are just some examples.

Okay, so I guess I pretty much got the pronunciation.

I hope this is the right thread, but Flabébé is the most annoying name to type in the entirety of Pokemon. Please just drop the accents before we release.

For me, Ho-Oh and Farfetch'd are the worst, though people do not notice what about them annoys me.

They have a dash and an apostrophe in their name. Seriously, WHO has a dash or an apostrophe in their name? (No offense if you do.....)

Mr. Mime also has a period in its name, but I consider that a little more normal because it could be assumed to be a title (though its not).

Okay, so I guess I pretty much got the pronunciation.

For me, Ho-Oh and Farfetch'd are the worst, though people do not notice what about them annoys me.

They have a dash and an apostrophe in their name. Seriously, WHO has a dash or an apostrophe in their name? (No offense if you do.....)

Mr. Mime also has a period in its name, but I consider that a little more normal because it could be assumed to be a title (though its not).

I do know quite a few people with dashes and apostrophes in their names, but that's beside the point.

I personally like names like Farfetch'd, Ho-Oh, Porygon-Z, an even the Nidorans' because they're unique. It adds a bit of creativity, in my opinion. But that's just me.

Nidoran♂ and Nidoran♀ annoy me the most of all Pokémon names. Of course, at the time there were no such thing as genders, but it still annoys me.

i'm afraid that now that they have revealed fairy type that they are going to make xerneas fairy type and and yveltal dragon type in which case i'm gona have to switch my pre order. :(

i'm afraid that now that they have revealed fairy type that they are going to make xerneas fairy type and and yveltal dragon type in which case i'm gona have to switch my pre order. :(
I don't think Yveltal will be dragon.
According to the PokeBeach rumours (iirc), Yveltal is Dark/Flying and Xerneas is Fairy/Grass, which means (assuming Fairy IS SE on Dark as the rumours say) the types cancel out in a way. (Flying>Grass, and Fairy>Dark, so Dark/Flying=Fairy/Grass in a way.)

I don't mind Xerneas being fairy as long as Yveltal can counter it (each effective against the other)

And yeah, Flabébé is a tad annoying to type. That was just Game Freak showing off.

The weird thing is that there are female Mr. Mime's >_<

The weird thing is that there are female Mr. Mime's >_<

Oh goodness tell me about it they could have given Mr. Mime a gender neutral name like it's Japanese one Barrierd but they didn't. I guess during the era of Red and Blue Nintendo never thought some Pokémon would probably get genders in possible future games.

I don't mind Xerneas being fairy as long as Yveltal can counter it (each effective against the other)

And yeah, Flabébé is a tad annoying to type. That was just Game Freak showing off.

it's not that i mind xerneas being a fairy as a matter of fact i think it would be cool too have a box mascot be a type introduced in the same gen! that has never been done before. the problem is i love dragons and X is my favorite letter\variable\placeholder it is just mysterious ya know. also i like blue over red. anyway if they make yveltal a dragon type then im going to have to change my pre order to Y which is why i am worried

Remember that when they made that name, Pokemon didn't have genders.

Fair enough, but putting a "Mr." in the name of a Pokémon sounds like a bad decision to me, regardless of the lack of genders in Generation I

^Yeah, I know. Just being pedantic. :p

Fair enough, but putting a "Mr." in the name of a Pokémon sounds like a bad decision to me, regardless of the lack of genders in Generation I

I remember one of the translators talked about this issue on another forum. He stayed on as a translator up until HGSS I think and mostly talked about the stuff that as he said in his own words "got his goat". Gens I and II had pretty rough and often laughably mismatching translations.

I remember one of the translators talked about this issue on another forum. He stayed on as a translator up until HGSS I think and mostly talked about the stuff that as he said in his own words "got his goat". Gens I and II had pretty rough and often laughably mismatching translations.
Link?

Back on topic, yeah some of the names were annoying but so are those of other Gen's.

I love all them so far. They have the Johto-feel to me.
Flabebe is one of the most interesting pokemon I've ever seen yet.

Link?

Back on topic, yeah some of the names were annoying but so are those of other Gen's.

I can't give you the link to the exact thread on that forum since it'll probably require dropping twenty bucks or so to see it. I can give you the link to the archived LP where the conversation took place. Pages 6, 17, 27, 33, 46, 49, 52.

And on the topic of the names I'm still having some trouble fully deciphering Skrelp's name other than part of it comes from kelp.

Back
Top Bottom