• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

As much as I am looking forward to this generation, I'm going to go in completely blind. I want everything to be a surprise, so I'm not going to be tempted by reveals and new information. But I so, can't wait for new mons

Same here. If anything, I may check version exclusive things so I know which to get, and I may check the Types of starter evos. Maybe. I want to be as blind as possible. I half ruined BW for myself due to maxed out spoilers.

I'm thinking of going into this gen completely blind as well; I did for BW (the only things I knew were Reshiram, Zekrom, Zorua, Zoroark, and the starters), and it was amazing. Of course, I screwed up my team here and there, but going in blind was actually really fun.

I think I'm really only going to look to see which legendary is on what version, and then get the one that has what's-his-name on it, X... Xerneas. (this is going to take a while)

As much as I am looking forward to this generation, I'm going to go in completely blind. I want everything to be a surprise, so I'm not going to be tempted by reveals and new information. But I so, can't wait for new mons

Same here. If anything, I may check version exclusive things so I know which to get, and I may check the Types of starter evos. Maybe. I want to be as blind as possible. I half ruined BW for myself due to maxed out spoilers.
Same here. I ruined the experience of BW by wanting to know if everything

Hell yes. I love Falcons. Surprised we haven't gotten one yet.

A raven would be nice, but as the main bird, not something to the side like Murkrow. You could make it Dark/Flying to freshen up the main bird formula.

I'm going to try and stay story blind, and possibly be blind to the alternate legendaries. The second part probably isn't going to happen though as I'm weak-willed.

Everybody wants more Eeveelutions but most of the time I really don't care if we do or am not interested in the idea. As far as ideas for new Pokemon go new eeveelutions are probably the easiest and the most unoriginal. Just take an Eevee and slap on some typing signature features on it and, BOOM!, you got yourself and Eeveelution.

Though to be fair the the idea of Eeveelutions, whenever some of these come out they always have some a good design themes with respect to each other.
  • Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon were the base for the whole Eevee design and contributed to the games' emphasis on trading and social interaction.
  • Espeon and Umbreon have a day and night duality to go along with the introduction of that very feature in Gen II.
  • Leafeon and Glaceon have a warm and cold temperate theme going on. (May have been better suited for the BW release what with the season feature?)
This kind of converging designs really make Eeveelutions much more interesting and help alleviate the problems when designing these guys.

I hope the regional bird is competitively viable like Staraptor. I think we need more of those.

Agreed, I'm hoping we get a falcon pokemon this generation.

This, or a Pokemon based on the Japanese crane. I'm kind of surprised they haven't done that already.

No guys, what we need is a robin Pokemon. He will have a small mask and and cape and when he evolves he will lose his Normal typing for Fighting-type...cuz y'know...he fights crime...Batman

This, or a Pokemon based on the Japanese crane. I'm kind of surprised they haven't done that already.

I want it based on a barn owl. It is the prettiest animal ever.

barn-owl.jpg

But a family based on cranes would be interesting as well.

I just realized I wanted more mythology-based pokémon. And not just Japanese; maybe Norse or Greek or whatever. Big serpents and feathery-winged creatures.

Though I'm not sure if they could tone it down enough so it could fit in with Pokémon's general theme. After all, most creatures in mythology are monsters.

Re: That pokemon we ever wanted...

It's gonna be the region's useless stalker rodent. Because screw this number thing.

Okay, seriously, I think they're going to go with the safest, most neutral pokémon ever to put in that slot. That way no one can say anything. If they made it something really cute, idiots will say they're glorifying evil or some crap they pull out of nowhere. If they make it something dark, the same idiots will say the games are promoting witchcraft or satan worship.

You guys do realise that 666 really isn't any sort of special number in Japan, right? I mean, outside of Christian influence, which isn't taken seriously in Japan either way.

It will probable be the Butterfree of GenVI, or a dark badger/something, filling in the shoes of Poochyena and Purrloin, it will also start with P and have a repeated letter in its name.

Pff, the Satan pokémon is, like, so 2006.
453403-giratina_origin.png

I'd like to see a Water/Fire type based on a mantis shrimp/pistol shrimp. They are capable of "punching" (iirc) at an extreme speed and with quite the power for their small size, so I always imagine that the punching would require an "ignition" of sorts since it's a quick burst, which would fit nicely with the Fire-typing imo (and of course shrimps live under water, thus the Water-type).

I have more ideas that I'll post another time.

Last edited:

I just realized I wanted more mythology-based pokémon. And not just Japanese; maybe Norse or Greek or whatever. Big serpents and feathery-winged creatures.

Though I'm not sure if they could tone it down enough so it could fit in with Pokémon's general theme. After all, most creatures in mythology are monsters.

I'd love to see some more Greeco/Arabian/European monsters.

For example: Regional bird starts out as bird, ends third evolution as Griffin. Would make my day.

I'd like to see a Water/Fire type based on a mantis shrimp/pistol shrimp. They are capable of "punching" (iirc) at an extreme speed and with quite the power for their small size, so I always imagine that the punching would require an "ignition" of sorts since it's a quick burst, which would fit nicely with the Fire-typing imo (and of course shrimps live under water, thus the Water-type).

Oh, I'd love to see this as well. The cavitation bubble created from its snapping claws reaches a whopping temperature of over 4,700°C as it collapses, and I can definitely see a signature move based on this as well: A Fire-type Bubble-like move.

For example: Regional bird starts out as bird, ends third evolution as Griffin. Would make my day.

I've wanted a griffin Pokemon for the longest time, I remember I even created a griffin fakemon many years ago. THIS JUST NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

Oh, I'd love to see this as well. The cavitation bubble created from its snapping claws reaches a whopping temperature of over 4,700°C as it collapses, and I can definitely see a signature move based on this as well: A Fire-type Bubble-like move.
That's awesome.

I'd like a legendary based on Thor with Electric/Fighting type.

Hammerhead Shark Pokemon please, Game Freak.

Edit:
Someone earlier in the thread mentioned a Dolphin. That'd be pretty amazing to (finally!!) have as well.

Last edited:

I want it based on a barn owl. It is the prettiest animal ever.

barn-owl.jpg

But a family based on cranes would be interesting as well.
If they do an owl this time, they better have the decency to give us a part psychic type for stab moves. Noctowl was robbed thanks to Natu.

Griffin for the Pseudo-Legendary would be better. I hate how most of em are part dragon, and I would love for one to be something else, and a Griffin fits that.

Back
Top Bottom