• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

Light could represent a holy figure and order. So many shows, like Bakugan and Yu-Gi-Oh!, have already incorporated this Type, so why not Pokémon?
There are already "sacred" Pokémon (Ho-Oh, Arceus, etc) and they didn't need the Light-type to be "holy".
I also think the name "Saint" or "Holy" would be more appropriated in this case.

I guess for Game Freak to not offend religious bodies, it would be more suitable to use the term Light-type instead.

A new Light-Type would make sense since they didn't reveal the Types of Yveltal and Xerneas in the CoroCoro scan.
While a new type would be interesting, Light is most certainly not happening. Psychic is basically it, as Dark is evil. Localization screwed things up a bit. Maybe a mythic type or something, but light is already here.

Even if a Light type was introduced, I somehow don't see it being typically "holy" or religious based, at least not in the sense people normally think about. Actually, if the theme of this gen really is genetics, any new typings could very well be artificial and not even natural.

Hard to say for sure what a new type(s) could possibly be if they do introduce them, as the 17 cover almost everything save for troupes like arcane magic.

For now, I'm just going to settle on Yveltal & Xerneas typings being Dark/Flying & Steel/Grass.

I'm not a fan of Eeveelutions or anything, but here's an idea:

Herculeon [Fighting Type]
Griffeon / Pegaseon(?) [Flying Type]

New Pokemon Design Origin Hopes and Speculations Thread

So, with a new generation of Pokemon announced there's innumerable possibilities for new Pokes based on animals, plants, myths, objects, natural phenomenon, social trends, etc. Are there any you folks'd like to see? Images are encouraged!

Personally, I'm just stoked to see Froakie's likely basis being foam-nest tree frogs; using a trait like these guys' production of foam for... reasons is a pretty creative way to get some more milage out of the hundreds of different types of amphibians on the planet, especially when we've already got some pretty popular frog and toad-based Pokemon in the forms of the Poliwag, Croagunk and Typole evolutionary lines. And Fennekin's basis being the fennec fox is pretty awesome if only because fennec foxes are ADORABLE.

Foam-nest Tree Frog
1339305.jpg

Fennec Fox
fennec-fox-5.jpg

In terms of new Pokemon though, I've always felt like a hummingbird would be pretty cool; could be the second pure Flying-type or perhaps just anothe Grass/Flying (despite the not-so-great typing) and have Speed Boost for an ability to make it a Special Attack-based answer to Ninjask.

Hummingbird
Berylline5.jpg

I feel like a jack-o'-lantern Grass/Ghost-type is something many of us have been longing to see for a while now too. What with the possibility for some Fire-based attacks in with the rest of its moveset from along with the usual repertoire of supportive Grass moves and tricky Ghost-type moves it could be pretty cool.

Jack-o'-lantern
cocome_jack-o-lantern.jpg

Finally, I'd love to see a more... interesting kangaroo, specifically the one that runs with the idea of the boxing kangaroo. I mean, Kangaskan's fine and all, but its weird bulkiness and dinosaur-like design miss out on the sleek musculature of the everyone's favorite Australian marsupial. Ground/Fighting-typing springs to mind and with it moves like the elemental punches, Bounce, tail-based attacks like Aqua Tail, Dragon Tail, and Iron Tail and Earthquake.

Kangaroo
red_kangaroo.jpg

Anyway, any ideas or hopes for new creatures coming in X and Y? Perhaps of some more creative or lesser-known animals/things of the world?

Also, does anyone have any idea what Chespin's deal is? The whole hedgehog thing seems like a bit of a stretch at this point.

Attachments

• 1339305.jpg
    1339305.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 1,299
  • fennec-fox-5.jpg
    fennec-fox-5.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,396
  • Berylline5.jpg
    Berylline5.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 735
  • cocome_jack-o-lantern.jpg
    cocome_jack-o-lantern.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,627
  • red_kangaroo.jpg
    red_kangaroo.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 404

Actually, if the theme of this gen really is genetics, any new typings could very well be artificial and not even natural.

Would "Sound" count as an artificial type?

I'm not a fan of Eeveelutions or anything, but here's an idea:

Herculeon [Fighting Type]
Griffeon / Pegaseon(?) [Flying Type]

I like the sound or Herculeon, honestly. A cloud or air theme could fit a Flying-type Eeveelution I think.

Some ideas from the top of my head: Aereon/Aireon (aer = Latin for air), Alteon (altus = high in Latin, altitude), Aveon (Aves class in biology) and Strateon (stratus clouds). I like the idea of it beginning with A, but that's just me, haha.

Actually, if the theme of this gen really is genetics, any new typings could very well be artificial and not even natural.

Would "Sound" count as an artificial type?

What would Sound-type Pokemon actually be? Types seem to describe what they are rather than what they emit, so I'm wondering what Sound-types would look like.

Am I the only one expecting a Poodle Pokémon considering how popular Poodle's are in France. I guess it could be a Normal Type as well as a Water Type because they are water dogs.

What would Sound-type Pokemon actually be? Types seem to describe what they are rather than what they emit, so I'm wondering what Sound-types would look like.
Music notes with fur and fangs.

Am I the only one expecting a Poodle Pokémon considering how popular Poodle's are in France. I guess it could be a Normal Type as well as a Water Type because they are water dogs.

A poodle, only instead of puffs of fur, it had puffs of fire!

Anyway, I feel like they should have poke'mon that's like a mid-evil suit of armor (Like a Ghost/Steel Type)

A jack-o-lantern Pokemon would be interesting (It could be a Grass/Fire Type)

Oh, and for this generation's electric rodent, it should be a rabbit that generate's electricity between it's ears like a Jacob's Latter!

Oh, and for this generation's electric rodent, it should be a rabbit that generate's electricity between it's ears like a Jacob's Latter!

We do already have Plusle and Minun which are Electric Pokémon based on a mix between mice/rats and rabbits. So electric beavers anyone?

They could look like the Exploud, Kricketune, Seismitoad and Chingling lines, Chatot, Meloetta, maybe even Maractus and anything sound- or music-related. There are some moves that could possibly have the type changed to sound as well (Growl, Roar, Hypervoice, Sing, etc). Personally I think it would be a more useful and interesting type than Holy/Light/Whatever.

How about a Pokémon based off a croissant? We have had Ice Cream Pokémon after all.

I'm expecting a lot of typical earthy-looking pokemon since it's Europe-based

Are we getting a pokemon that is parallel to Lucario/Zoroark in this gen ?

Are we getting a pokemon that is parallel to Lucario/Zoroark in this gen ?

I would think so. It may not be marketed as such, but I wouldn't doubt there being a Pokemon that's comparable, even if it's a fan-based opinion.

I'm not sure where to post this, but I made a little observation.

While looking at the screenshots of Fennekin, I noticed that it had brown markings on its paws and a little on its tail, even though its official artwork lacks these markings. It has me curious actually, and I'm wondering if it could be a possible gender difference. That, or maybe the trailer was showing some earlier beta footage of Fennekin's model, though that seems a little less likely.

I'm not sure where to post this, but I made a little observation.

While looking at the screenshots of Fennekin, I noticed that it had brown markings on its paws and a little on its tail, even though its official artwork lacks these markings. It has me curious actually, and I'm wondering if it could be a possible gender difference. That, or maybe the trailer was showing some earlier beta footage of Fennekin's model, though that seems a little less likely.

That's a good catch.

Wonder what the gyms will be...there will probably be a bug type gym, though because of that spider web thing in the trailer. I am also hoping for more owl pokemon lol sure we have Noctowl and Hoothoot but still...

Back
Top Bottom