• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

I think someone here mentioned it, but Pyroar is the true first Pokemon whose English name is revealed, before the Japanese reached there. That's a significant achievement if you asked me.

Thanks for reading.

Nope, we found out Xerneas' and Yveltal's English names first.

Mind you they were the same basically, but we didn't know that at the time of the reveal.

It seems that Pyroar is the true first Pokemon whose English name is revealed, before the Japanese reached there. Xerneas and Yveltal is mentioned to be the first ones to have English first before Japanese, but since their names are the same in every language, it's not as notable as this. That's a significant achievement if you asked me.

Thanks for reading.

Nope, we found out Xerneas' and Yveltal's English names first.

Mind you they were the same basically, but we didn't know that at the time of the reveal.

As I have mentioned (after I edited to add in some clarification), "true" as in the real first one. For all we know, the Japanese will refer to Pyroar as something else. It's been a tradition for the legendaries like the two to have the same names, so it's not really genuine since it's pretty much guaranteed that every has the same name.

Thanks for reading.

It's a shame this thing keeps its typing and shitty abilities. Most likely won't be using it because of this. It really makes me wonder why they even bothered giving it the typing they did to begin with. Normal/Fire I'd have been fine with, but not Fire/Normal.

This also really casts some doubt on Helioptile picking up a cool secondary type like Dragon upon evolution.

maybe these normal secondary types are to indirectly combat the ghostly rise to power everyone is anticipating from the ghosts

Sugimori's art for Pyroar:

BT-KG2kCUAAKfcc.jpg

Honestly, I can say its design is pretty awesome. I will most likely not use it though.

Finally , Another Arcanine !!!
I want it so Bad !
I want Ash to catch too .
I wonder if Pryroar will get a Megevolution too where Its Mane turn into Fire !!!

Does anyone know why IGN revealed Pyroar? And is there a chance that more poke will be revealed?

Why does GF think that Unnerve is an ability a Pokémon needs to have? >_> I'd rather it just have the standard Intimidate because at least that has practical uses in-game. Berries aren't very common in-game anyway.

Does anyone know why IGN revealed Pyroar? And is there a chance that more poke will be revealed?

In the run up to the international release of BW, IGN revealed quite a few of Gen V's Pokemon's English names first. Of course, we already knew about the entire Gen V dex back then, because the games were out months before in Japan. But this time obviously things are different, so it might be that various places like IGN will get exclusive reveals over the next few weeks. I have no idea though, this is just me guessing.

maybe these normal secondary types are to indirectly combat the ghostly rise to power everyone is anticipating from the ghosts
"Normal as secondary type makes sense now. Big, fiery mane upfront, but behind it is just a 'normal' lion."

A comment I read on neogaf that I agree with.

In the run up to the international release of BW, IGN revealed quite a few of Gen V's Pokemon's English names first. Of course, we already knew about the entire Gen V dex back then, because the games were out months before in Japan. But this time obviously things are different, so it might be that various places like IGN will get exclusive reveals over the next few weeks. I have no idea though, this is just me guessing.

Boy I hope so. With just over 4 weeks left, it would be nice if we got a new Pokémon each week to break down the waiting!

"Normal as secondary type makes sense now. Big, fiery mane upfront, but behind it is just a 'normal' lion."

A comment I read on neogaf that I agree with.

You know, now that you mention it, it makes sense. It shows a "proud", "fiery" and "impressive" image up front, but in reality is an every-day lion. Thinking about it that way makes Pyroar's typing have more meaning and makes more sense. Hmm... interesting.

However, I still think Luxray is better, especially Ability-wise (Intimidate over Unnerve any day), but that statement makes me see Pyroar in a different light. Hmm... curious.

So no manticore evolution for Litleo? i guess that's a bummer for the fans of the idea. For me, I love the design.

we were in desperate need of normal types that werent just normal.. or normal/flying. it also helps them in the early gave with moves like tackle and scratch (stab) and later on... stuff like hyper voice/giga impact/facade/return. it gives you more choices of 'type coverage' or 'STAB/pure power'

I hope Pyroar learns Hyper Voice, given you can hear a lion roaring from miles away.

And to give something to the Fighting-types, which are not loved by the updated typechart...

Capture.PNG

New Pokemon beside Mega Blaziken?

Also why would Fighting type get more love when the type chart clearly tried to nerf them.

^ That looks more like Ghetsis with his B2W2 outfit than a new Pokémon

@Garren said it's a cloaked man according to the scan, so nothing relevant here....unless its also a main character in the games, but I doubt it.

Also why would Fighting type get more love when the type chart clearly tried to nerf them.

Maybe because it could have went a little too far, imo : Fighting was not only directly nerfed by Fairy, but it was also the case for one of its classical preys, Dark (defensively at least), plus Poison was buffed without Psychic being nerfed, plus the side-effects on Ghost. I think I wasn't the only one who feared Fighting could have returned to its Gen I state and wondered what use it could possibly keep, besides knocking out Normals or dealing with some double-types, seeing as any combination of Ground, Steel and Fire (no types being nerfed, offensively at least) may deal with single-type Rock, Steel and Ice (the three other types weak to Fighting, besides Normal and Dark).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom