• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

I am among those who dislike inanimate object pokemon, but I have to say I actually sorta like Doublade in a weird way. I probably still won't use it, but I'm not terribly disappointed. I'm honestly savoring these last few weeks of anticipation before game release. I kinda love this time just before a new Gen where we still have questions and hopes and there's still so much to learn. In a few weeks we'll know everything and all this excitement will be gone. Anyway, enough preaching - my point is I'm not super disappointed with this! He's pink and his attack is probably sky high! What's not to like!!?

I agree that Dugtrio, Klinklang and Magneton all make sense, but what about Vanilluxe and Weezing? Why the hell do extra heads grow on them after evolving?

So, you're saying that it's going to be ALL Mega Evolutions?

Yes, that is what I am saying. It is not really about personal tastes though. Regardless of you liking Megas or not, giving them instead of evolutions to old Pokémon is clearly what GF is choosing to do or else, Mawile and Absol would have gotten evolutions instead of Megas.

Doublade is pretty awesome imo.

Reminds me of a coat of arms.

Doublade is probably meant to resemble a coat of arms, personally I think it makes sense from a design standpoint:

1380124351346j2cks.jpg

Wasn't this Game Freak's English localization team that revealed this?
Don't they know how much the west hated the triple Pokemon? I honestly think they're purposely rustling jimmies :3

I think people are getting a bit too worried about what the vocal base on Serebii, Bulbagarden, and other popular fan-sites think, I imagine that a large majority of the audience (the kids) don't exactly feel the same way. I didn't have any problem with the "multiple" Pokemon when I was a kid, and I think ghost-swords are cool things in-and-of-themselves for children.

I don't think Gamefreak really sees Vanillite or Klink as an "abomination" that's rightfully hated or some mistake they needed to fix.

Magneton and Dugtrio didn't really make as much sense.
Magnetism and whack-a-mole. They both fit a theme.
Magnetism, sure, but I don't really see how three Digletts stuck together enforces the whack-a-mole theme.

In any case, from what I can tell, the sole point of hyping of this event was this: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/382172940692762624
Heads up, Trainers! We’re revealing a never-before-seen evolved Pokémon exclusively on our Facebook page on September 25! #PokemonXY
One tweet and, from what I've heard, one Facebook post, three days in advance. This felt like more of a heads-up than an attempt to really hype something. The tweet wasn't even repeated on successive days, it was a one-time thing from only a few days ago. If it was supposed to be something big, I think they would've done a lot more.

I really don't see how this was a really hyped up announcement. It seemed rather minimally hyped, at least from the marketing side.

And if I recall correctly, Honedge was hyped in pretty much the exact same way...although bigger than this since it mentioned Masuda had an announcement.

Gosh, what a stupid Pokémon. Just no. Honedge is pretty cool, but this one seems an absolutely forced evolution. I'd prefer if Honedge was a standalone. And oh, terrible name. DOUBLADE? and you guys were complening about Talonflame? First gen 6 monster that disappoints me.

and meh, I was expecting an older generation monster

I agree that Dugtrio, Klinklang and Magneton all make sense, but what about Vanilluxe and Weezing? Why the hell do extra heads grow on them after evolving?
I think Vanillish to Vanillite is just the concept of a single scoop to a double scoop. Nothing too groundbreaking with that. Weezing is just that Koffings are gross enough that when two of them get close enough together they stick together from all that toxic gunk they spew. What's really weird is organic pokemon that grow extra heads, namely Dodrio. That thing has no real reason to get an extra head other than Doduo being named Doduo.

Magnetism, sure, but I don't really see how three Digletts stuck together enforces the whack-a-mole theme.
The thing is we can't really say what Dugtrio is, whether it's just three Diglett hanging out, or a Diglett that grows two extra heads. When you're playing whack-a-mole a bunch of them pop up at the same time. It's a simple as that.

I really don't see how this was a really hyped up announcement. It seemed rather minimally hyped, at least from the marketing side.

Ah, but this is the internet, where one announcement will cause ripples of chatter and speculation through twitter and tumblr and the forums. Especially with the game closing in and the last CoroCoro already out. People are itching for more.

I don't think Gamefreak really sees Vanillite or Klink as an "abomination" that's rightfully hated or some mistake they needed to fix.
I think people are getting a bit too worried about what the vocal base on Serebii, Bulbagarden, and other popular fan-sites think, I imagine that a large majority of the audience (the kids) don't exactly feel the same way. I didn't have any problem with the "multiple" Pokemon when I was a kid, and I think ghost-swords are cool things in-and-of-themselves for children.
I hated these types of Pokemon as a kid but now I appreciate them. Kids don't all have the same tastes, like us older fans. Though, I think you're underestimating the size of their college age and up fan base.

I don't think they see any of their designs as an abomination.
Besides Basculin of course.

First reaction to Doublade was: 'What?'
Then I stopped to think for a second and realized that was exactly what should've been expected. I am therefore cool with it, no matter how weird that thing looks.
Will be interesting to see the third stage (if there will be one)...

It's funny how the announcements on facebook they said "Heads up, Trainers!" Seeing as the thing basically got a second head.

O_O Doublade...so pink, so ghosty. I NEED IT.

I love Doublade.. But wouldn't it sounds better if it's called Duoblade? That just my opinion though.

I dunno, if you say Doublade as in "dub laid" (pfft, as if dubstep would get you laid), it sounds a little French-ish. At least to me.

I just noticed it has met the prerequisites to be able to use Guillotine now that it has two blades. Hopefully it'll learn it.

It´s bit anticlimatic but I like Honedge and I planned to use it in one of my playthroughs x or y.

Now looking at in GENERAL I really don´t know what I was expecting. But I´m happy with it.

I mean it´s time for some new legendaries. Come on GF spill it out!

So Honedge is this generation's Magnemite? Fair enough. But I thought of this when I saw Doublade.

Personally I don't like it, as I didn't with Honedge. But it's just personal taste. It could easily gain a shield and become a coat of arms crossed sword thing for a third evo!

People, why all the hate? I'm happy regardless of what they reveal. For me, there is only love for Pokémon, and only hate for fakemon.

But seriously, how are the blades going to attack together if one of them is holding their coat of arm.

Back
Top Bottom