• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

SPOILERS: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters

Zeta

Bulbapædist
Reaction score
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Once I realized Aromatisse is a Minoan Griffin, I warmed up to it considerably.

winstein

Mari-yo Puyo
Reaction score

I just realised that all the Dark/Flying Pokemon we have now are one half of a pair of counterparts. Murkrow/Honchkrow are counterparts to Misdreavus/Mismagius, Vullaby/Mandibuzz are counterparts to Rufflet/Braviary, and now Yveltal is a counterpart to Xerneas. That means up to now, Dark/Flying had never have any independently individual Pokemon.

Thanks for reading.

Absolclaw

Reaction score

Oh please, Aromatisse is a can-can dancing flamingo-griffin-plague doctor-drag queen.

Kind of an odd choice for your "Hey, this is the last set of Pokemon we'll reveal before the game comes out!" Pokemon, though.

AmphBoss

Reaction score

Winstein - There are an awful lot of type combos not tried out yet, Dark/Flying is lucky it has 3 lots.

No Grass/Fire, Electric/Fighting, Electric/Psychic, Ice/Steel, Dark/Electric, Ice/Bug are all types I would probably have expected to see by now & haven't (unless I am missing something out)

Absolclaw

Reaction score

Winstein - There are an awful lot of type combos not tried out yet, Dark/Flying is lucky it has 3 lots.

No Grass/Fire, Electric/Fighting, Electric/Psychic, Ice/Steel, Dark/Electric, Ice/Bug are all types I would probably have expected to see by now & haven't (unless I am missing something out)
Water/Fire, Ground/Fighting, Ice/Poison, Fire/Poison, Electric/Poison, Psychic/Poison, Steel/Poison, Ice/Fighting, a real Water/Bug (one stage and then dropping it, really ._.), Grass/Normal, Dark/Normal, Fighting/Normal, Normal/Ghost and Normal/Dragon (lol wut), Normal/Dark, Ice/Normal, Rock/Normal, Steel/Normal, that's what I can think of off the top of my head.

AmphBoss

Reaction score

Absol - I actually have a list somewhere on my laptop. We have probably 3/4's of teh type combos now. What I gave were some examples but a Water/Fire pistol shrimp has been touted for about 6 years now. I wasn't going to mention the normal duals as they are odd but Normal/Ghost would be a pretty good typing. Only 1 weakness I believe with 3 immunities?

Add Fire/Ice, Grass/Dragon, Bug/Dark ?, Bug/Dragon & Ice ghost off that list as well I think.

winstein

Mari-yo Puyo
Reaction score

What I meant is that Dark/Flying is always part of a counterpart, and there aren't any Dark/Flying Pokemon that are NOT part of a counterpart. I am not saying that Dark/Flying isn't explored until now.

Thanks for reading.

AmphBoss

Reaction score

Winstein - I got that, I was saying it is lucky to have been explored at all. I'm sure there are a couple of other type combos always released with counterpart. Poison/Dragon for example.

Juvarra

Reaction score

A stupid question: are Honedge and Doublade's normal and unsheathed appearances actual form differences?

Absolclaw

Reaction score

A stupid question: are Honedge and Doublade's normal and unsheathed appearances actual form differences?
No, when they enter combat they automatically go into their blade mode as their default form, compared to Aegislash who goes both ways.

Juvarra

Reaction score

Ok, thank you.

Reaction score

Full Pokedex up.

[video=youtube;40jypk_bXGI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40jypk_bXGI[/video]

Zygarde- POKEMON Z CONFIRMED.

Reaction score

I dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but in Oregon, USA you get the High Plains Pattern for Vivillon

tubbi07

Reaction score

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this too. Jungle Pattern for Vivillon confirmed. I hail from the Philippines, but set my DS location to Singapore (since obv, Nintendo does not recognize half the countries in the world)

Disobedient

Ice Type Master
Reaction score

Does anyone know when Sligoo evolves? Mine is already 68.

venusboi79

learn it live it love it
Reaction score

Indiana gets the Modern pattern for Vivillion; at least Indianapolis does. Should be interesting trying to get them all!

Norzan

Reaction score

Does anyone know when Sligoo evolves? Mine is already 68.
Apparentely it evolves at level 70, guess Hydreigon was dethroned as the pokemon that evolves the latest by level.

Disobedient

Ice Type Master
Reaction score
Re: Gen VI Pokemon Discussion (Megas go in Mega thread)

No it doesn't. Mine is now 72. There's got to be another condition- -.-

Life

oh my
Reaction score

FYI: South Carolina, USA has Modern for Vivillion. I'm a bit sad, since that one was my least favorite. :\

In other news, does anyone know when Fletchling (I actually just realized I have been spelling it Fletching for the longest time now) learns Flame Charge? It evolves into Fletchinder at 17, and it didn't learn it before it evolved, which makes no sense to me.

Norzan

Reaction score

No it doesn't. Mine is now 72. There's got to be another condition- -.-
The leaker at Instagram said his Sligoo evolved into Goodra at level 70 but i remember someone saying that it evolves in a rain or something.