• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

Eviolite's effect is an in-battle mechanic. Those are altered between generations quite often, and rightfully so.

Iwata mentioned on an old Nintendo Direct that Nintendo was looking towards launching a version of MiiVerse on the 3DS.

Well, Pokemon has usually been host to creative ideas like the Link Cable, Transfer Pak, and the early StreetPass-esque features of Black and White. What if they launch a MiiVerse-esque feature alongside Gen VI?

For those who don't know, MiiVerse is a little twitter-like application for the Wii U. Basically, in games like Mario U and NintendoLand, players can share little notes and pictures about their experiences or, such as in Mario U when you lose a life, hints on how to beat levels. Imagine that in Pokemon...perhaps leaving little hints alongside in-game trainers about what to expect when you fight them, or having an advanced Union Room where everyone can share messages and pictures with one another.

Expected:
-No Dark-type Gym. Why? Seriously, it's the Evil type in Japan. That wouldn't sit well with them.
A Dark-type gym could easily be done. The gym leader could be the boss of the evil team, like Giovanni was.

Ah, another thing. When new evolutions (or pre-evo) for Pokémon were created, GF invented new items and methods to avoid discrepancies. For example, incienses to "explain" why in Gen II Marill didn't breed Azurill. Or Dusk Stone to evolve Murkrow and Misdreavus who were unable to evolve in Gen II and III. There were a couple of oversights (in Gen II you were able to breed Swinub with Ancient Power), but GF always tried to keep some consistency, even between incompatible generations.

In Gen V Eviolite was introduced, being effective only for not-fully evolved Pokémon. Now, imagine they introduce an evolution for... let's say, Farfetch'd. Eviolite didn't work on Farfetch'd in Gen V, but it will in Gen VI, generating a discrepancy.

So, unless GF oversees that, it's likely GF won't introduce new evolutions for old Pokémon anymore, unless they were branch evolutions (for example, Introducing a new eeveelution won't break this consistency since Eevee is already able to evolve and Eviolite already works for it).

It's just a hypothesis I have, probably GF won't consider this.

I'm calling total bullshit... your argument makes no fucking sense... so they aren't going to make evolutions in Gen VI because of one item in Gen V? makes no sense... simply put it would work on them in Gen VI because it's a different Gen... not a real discrempisy at all just you grasping at straws... also Piloswine learned Ancient Power in Gen II yet they couldn't evolve Mamoswine until Gen IV same with Lickitung and Lickilicky

It's just a hypothesis, there's no need of that much hate... besides, I already mentioned the Swinub case. Please, if you're going to insult, at least read well my post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just give me a Jaguar warrior pokémon and I'll be happy. (Preferibly Fighting/Electric or Fighting/Rock).

I would think so, considering how its basically the ancestor of all, the seed of life and what not.

Thats more metaphorical (and debatable) though, the others are more blatant: Grass type = Wood for Celebi, Steel type = Metal for Jirachi, etc. Mew is just missing the typing, but I understand where your getting at.

As for Shaymin that Silktree mentioned, its possible I guess that it might be a representative for Earth (land forme), though Air (Sky forme) isn't a Chinese element, its western. I don't think that anything is necessarily wrong with introducing another pixie, especially since this Gen will allow them to possibly keep it a secret ala Mew via DLC.

I just want them to cut back on formes. The legendaries themselves are fine, but the formes need to take a breather this Gen.

All event Pokemon, or even non-event Pokemon unobtainable in-game are gonna be secret. That's easily the best bit of this gen. As for pixies, if we're basing them on speculatory le motifs, which are everywhere but not confirmed, then they could easily cover the next 4 gens by giving us seasonal pixies, one for each season.

As for Shaymin that Silktree mentioned, its possible I guess that it might be a representative for Earth (land forme), though Air (Sky forme) isn't a Chinese element, its western. I don't think that anything is necessarily wrong with introducing another pixie, especially since this Gen will allow them to possibly keep it a secret ala Mew via DLC.
Keeping event Pokémon a secret is as good a reason as any to raise the quality bar as far as I'm concerned. I won't have a problem with another pixie if Game Freak actually make it at as interesting as the first three were. Otherwise, they can do better without adhering to any traditions or perceived themes.

Last edited:

the DLC bit is a really good thing to keep a generation going, as long as GF doesn't go overboard with it.

I am going to make a wild prediction and say that they could introduce middle evolutions. What I meant is that they introduce something that the pre-evolution will evolve into, while this Pokemon evolves into a final evolution. Basically it's like something that fills in the blank within the evolution.

There are three candidates that would fit best here: Larvesta, Rufflet and Vullaby. Their evolutions felt like there is a gap between the basic stage and the fully evolved stage, so a possible middle evolution could allow for something in between that is stronger than a basic stage, but weaker than the final stage. As a bonus, they will learn moves that could only be learned by them. If possible, the middle stage could also be different in battle style, like in the example of Vigoroth, who is very different from Slakoth and Slaking's laziness.

Thanks for reading.

I am going to make a wild prediction and say that they could introduce middle evolutions. What I meant is that they introduce something that the pre-evolution will evolve into, while this Pokemon evolves into a final evolution. Basically it's like something that fills in the blank within the evolution.

There are three candidates that would fit best here: Larvesta, Rufflet and Vullaby. Their evolutions felt like there is a gap between the basic stage and the fully evolved stage, so a possible middle evolution could allow for something in between that is stronger than a basic stage, but weaker than the final stage. As a bonus, they will learn moves that could only be learned by them. If possible, the middle stage could also be different in battle style, like in the example of Vigoroth, who is very different from Slakoth and Slaking's laziness.

Thanks for reading.

Good idea, but i would prefer a middle stage between Luvdisc and Alomomola.

IMO, there is a missing link between them.

Thanks for reading.

Good idea, but i would prefer a middle stage between Luvdisc and Alomomola.

IMO, there is a missing link between them.

I don't know, forcing a link between Luvdisc and Alomomola is like forcing a link between Paras and Foongus lines (both mushroom Pokémon). Or Furret and Linoole (both early Normal rodents with similar looks).

And I dislike the idea of middle stages for evolution lines already defined. Maybe to connect unrelated Pokémon (like Luvdisc and Alomomola), but for existing lines... it would be weird.

Are we sure this gen is gonna go for DLC for event Pokemon? I don't see any pressing reason not to, but it hasn't been confirmed, right?

@YamiiDenryuu; @Aquanova; You could argue that receiving Pokémon through Mystery Gift is already DLC.

What people are really speculating on, is whether or not the Mythical Pokémon will be pre-programmed into the games, like what has happened in the past. Now, GameFreak could easily patch the data for a new Pokémon into games via a SpotPass update or something - or even give out Wi-Fi events automatically via SpotPass instead of making us manually go to Mystery Gift.

Now, will it include paid DLC...who knows?

I wouldnt enjoy having to pay just to recieve hidden Pokemon, I pretty much like that they've been free all this time. I hope they dont make us pay for just that kind of thing.

Having them automatically pick them up via stop pass would be great.

Keeping event Pokémon a secret is as good a reason as any to raise the quality bar as far as I'm concerned. I won't have a problem with another pixie if Game Freak actually make it at as interesting as the first three were. Otherwise, they can do better without adhering to any traditions or perceived themes.
Yea but somebody can still dig around in the ROM data and learn about it then leak it.

Yea but somebody can still dig around in the ROM data and learn about it then leak it.
The thinking is that wont be possible because they may not be in the data and will be given out over DLC instead, making them truly secret.

The thinking is that wont be possible because they may not be in the data and will be given out over DLC instead, making them truly secret.
What is DLC?

Back
Top Bottom