• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

As for Shaymin that Silktree mentioned, its possible I guess that it might be a representative for Earth (land forme), though Air (Sky forme) isn't a Chinese element, its western. I don't think that anything is necessarily wrong with introducing another pixie, especially since this Gen will allow them to possibly keep it a secret ala Mew via DLC.
Keeping event Pokémon a secret is as good a reason as any to raise the quality bar as far as I'm concerned. I won't have a problem with another pixie if Game Freak actually make it at as interesting as the first three were. Otherwise, they can do better without adhering to any traditions or perceived themes.
Yea but somebody can still dig around in the ROM data and learn about it then leak it.
The thinking is that wont be possible because they may not be in the data and will be given out over DLC instead, making them truly secret.
What is DLC?
Downloadable Content. Content could be added to the games by downloading it, which Game Freak/TCPi may use for future games. There is DLC for the new Mystery Dungeon game for example.

Well Keldo was leaked 2 days before it was officially announced so is it really that big of a deal.

Well Keldo was leaked 2 days before it was officially announced so is it really that big of a deal.

Keldeo was "leaked" seventeen months prior to its official reveal--when BW were released--not two days. Big difference.

Yeah we knew about Keldeo, Genesect and Meloetta right after B/W were released now Resolution Keledo we didn't know about until the movie but Keledo himself was found out right from the start... if a Pokemon was DLC we wouldn't find out about them until Nintendo wanted us to. but we'll find out very soon

Last edited:

Yeah, DLC presents the opportunity to go back to the early days of Gen 1 Mew (lets not forget the "Pokegods" lmao), where things concerning mythical Pokemon were rumor and word of mouth.

We won't even know when the Pokedex ends with this kind of secrecy, so predicting when the Generation ends by extent will be much harder to determine. Only question is, is Game Freak intelligent enough to actually do it? It would seem ideal to me at least, since this will bring back much needed mystery and excitement concerning event Pokemon.

Also means they won't need a bunch of formes to get us excited about legendaries anymore.

The thing is with hacking it is very difficult to keep anything a secret anymore. So if there are new Pokemon being revealed soon, they'll probably be for the Generation VI. That isn't to say, of course, that Generation VI will even be kicking off any time soon. It might be at the end of this brand new year... and the Generation won't officially being until the new dual game titles come out.

As for speculation on what is to come, I predict that they will try and combine the good points of the last two generations into one mega game. There is no denying that we all loved the boost from the evolutions of older Pokemon (Togekiss in particular was heaven sent), so we can probably expect them to go down that route. Definitely I see some more Eeveelutions on the horizon. They won't stop with those until there's one for every type, and I won't complain about that. :)

If they want to take Pokemon in a fresh direction, then we should certainly expect to see less third installments and more sequels that maybe follow a storyline than fans can follow and so on. I can't deny that BW2 was much better than getting a Grey version after the original BW.

Yeah, DLC presents the opportunity to go back to the early days of Gen 1 Mew (lets not forget the "Pokegods" lmao), where things concerning mythical Pokemon were rumor and word of mouth.

We won't even know when the Pokedex ends with this kind of secrecy, so predicting when the Generation ends by extent will be much harder to determine. Only question is, is Game Freak intelligent enough to actually do it? It would seem ideal to me at least, since this will bring back much needed mystery and excitement concerning event Pokemon.

Also means they won't need a bunch of formes to get us excited about legendaries anymore.
I'm pretty sure GF realizes that Pokemon wise they've got us by the balls when it comes to secrecy, considering how the 3DS is almost full proof, and the likes of this gen and last when it came to knowing everything are gonna be non existent in gen 6. Not only for the Pokemon, but I'll be willing to bet that gen 6 in general shall remain a mystery on whether we know everything or not, at least until the guides come out. Its gonna be an uphill battle for fansites, that's for sure.

I'm pretty sure GF realizes that Pokemon wise they've got us by the balls when it comes to secrecy, considering how the 3DS is almost full proof, and the likes of this gen and last when it came to knowing everything are gonna be non existent in gen 6. Not only for the Pokemon, but I'll be willing to bet that gen 6 in general shall remain a mystery on whether we know everything or not, at least until the guides come out. Its gonna be an uphill battle for fansites, that's for sure.
Got that right, the 3DS's security is watertight. That's the reason there isn't an emulator for the format, because it's bios and firmware cannot be hacked into. And I believe nobody's cracked the roms' encryption either. Getting decent screenshots and sprites will be a tough ask, let alone discovering things like stats and hidden character data.

The Pokedex though, does have a version on pokemon.com, so identifying it's endpoint ought to still be doable, even if the last few spots' occupants cannot be identified.

Good god that's right, stat wise its gonna be a versatile nightmare of epic proportions. I wanna know how the hell IV's and EV's are gonna be calculated, considering how there won't be a logical way to get base stats. Unless of course guides have them already, or will in the future. Even more, I think we're in for an overhaul, if not a major introduction of them being shown for the first time in-game. How that will work though, I have no idea.

New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation

Discuss the revealed new Pokemon of Pokemon X and Y and speculate about others here.

Well we know that the starters of Pokemon X and Y were revealed, as always they were Grass, Fire and Water type.

Another Pokemon was also shown, a Pokemon that was shaped like a Y its highly possible to be a legendary.

Discuss these new Pokemon and what others may be included.

Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation

The legendaries look very Miyazaki-like.

Also, totally naming the fire fox Mozilla.

I don't remember how the water starter looked like. Vulpix rip-off? Still cute though. The frog was meh. I liked the legendaries. Looks like we're done with Dragon-type version mascots for now.

I think this region is Europe themed. Something about it says that to me...plus the big white Eiffel Tower.

Love the legends, especially the deer. You people should be happy at least, no more Draconian rule XD (Until Pokemon version Z anyways...)

Chespin is so fluffy, I'm gonna die!

Someone predicted Pokemon X and Pokemon Y earlier in the thread, who was it???

At first I was like: omg they´re weird, but then... so adorable!
I´m curious how their evolutions will look like.

So is anyone else wondering now what exactly this means for Movie 16? We got the mascots and starters, but the movie still has a Pokemon to show, and I don't believe its these. Just speculating, but I think we're gonna get a deluge in Pokemon reveals for the next months, and possibly info too.

The frog's final evo is going to be hideous. Like even worse than swampert. Trust your feelings, you know it to be true. XD
(Maybe they could pull a Milotic. That would be hilarious.)

Back
Top Bottom