• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

^ I will add it.
@JewelsVerne; I actually think it would be awesome if there were two new normal type eevee evolutions for each gender, one pink (the already revealed Sylpheon) for girls and one blue (unrevealed so far) for boys. That would be just plain stupendous. I actually see how the name Sylveon/Ninfia would play into that, as nymphs and sylphs are typically female, and the word 'nymph' itself is another word for a young girl.

There will be alot of blue sylveon :p

I want to mention the anime character: Virgil who owns an Eevee and each of its current evolutions. In his debut he specifically mentioned that his Eevee is female while all the others are boys. Assuming Virgil may reappear and somhow relate to Sylveon, I find it very intresting that he mentioned their genders with no applicable reason. I am suspicious of Sylveon having somthing to do with female Eevees.

The Japanese site updated with the Eeveelutions chart.
img_pokemon_02.png

Sylveon's unknown type is given the color pink. The type banner that is associated with pink is Psychic and that's being represented by the color purple in this chart. It's probably a new type.

The fact that Sylveon was officially revealed on Valentine's Day causes me to believe that prehaps it is a Love Type like some have already stated. First it's pink a color usually associated with love and yes I know if that were the case then Pokémon like Clefairy and Jigglypuff would be Love Types too. Second it's design seems a bit ambiguous to me, the other Eeveelutions you can look at them and can actually guess which types they are (well for me at least). Third you can say that it is a Normal Type due to it's pink coloring and cutesy appearance and whatnot but again why keep this a secret when there's already so many other Pokémon who are pink and normal so to say, I mean where's the element of surprise when they reveal oh hey it's Normal Type like it just seems stupid to me. Now I don't think we need any more types but will I be upset if they do make more types no, I think it all comes down to whether or not Game Freak wants to. I guess all will be revealed in time but as for now I guess all we can do is speculate.

I think that it's 50% Flying Type, 25% Fighting Type, 15% Dragon Type, 10% New Type so that's my guesses.

Guys I wanted to add to what I posted yesterday and it seems that Sylveon's Type may in fact just be Flying Type cancelling out the New Type Theories more and more (well for Sylveon at least). I was looking around the Japanese Pokémon Movie Site and I went to Sylveon's Movie Page and it clearly shows high windy mountains and clear blue cloudy skies in the background I don't think this is a coincidence because the shorts ususally take place in the locations shown on the posters and site.

Here's the link so that you guys can look at it...

ピカチュウとイーブイ☆フレンズ | ポケモン紹介 | ポケモン映画公式サイト「神速のゲノセクト ミュウツー覚醒」同時上映「ピカチュウとイーブイ☆フレンズ」

I don't know but I smell a Flying Type. But then again the Japanese Site updated with an Eeveelution Chart as posted by Flare Blitz which shows the aura or Type Color so to say of Silveon in Pink which is always a color associated with the Psychic Type Bar in the games but it may be just a reference to it's color scheme because Espeon has purple so yeah still very misleading which kinda puts me on the fence on it's type but I still hold strong to Flying Type for now. I just hope they don't make it a Normal Type because I always saw a Normal Eeveelution having the color scheme of Eevee with the brown and cream coloring so I guess I'll have to really wait hopefully the March Issue of CoroCoro reveals Sylveon's Type as well as Xerneas' and Yveltal's because this is just driving me crazy, luckily February is not as long of a month as January was so less time to wait so yeah I can't wait come on Game Freak don't disappoint me.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

The Japanese movie page shows Sylveon's information on a light blue background, which is the color representing Flying. Eevee's information is on a very light brown, which I believe at times can represent Normal (and as Eevee is a Normal-type it obviously makes sense).

What's interesting is the fact that Sylveon's name and ???タイプ sign is in pink, which, as @Flare Blitz; mentions, is always taken by Psychic... which isn't happening in this case since Psychic is now taken by the color purple.

I'm leaning more and more towards a new type, but at the same time I'm still believing in it being Flying. Game Freak sure loves to screw with our heads.

Last edited:

I'm going with the pink represents Sylveon's colour, not its type. I can't see why it would be a new type.

But that doesn't explain why Eevee's normal type banner is represented as white as opposed to brown.

I was looking around the Japanese Pokémon Movie Site and I went to Sylveon's Movie Page and it clearly shows high windy mountains and clear blue cloudy skies in the background I don't think this is a coincidence because the shorts ususally take place in the locations shown on the posters and site.
That same background is used on every page, including the one for Genesect and Mewtwo. Considering that everything else points to the movie taking place in a city, I doubt that the background means anything (the movie should take precedence over the short).

I think it's more likely that this page is using colors based off of the two pokemons' color schemes, and the image above is basing the colors of the type boxes on each pokemon's type. If a new type is being introduced that's going to be represented by the color pink, it's obvious that they'd change psychic to purple or some other color to "make room" for the new type.

We already have so many purple types, though. Psychic and the new type could be different shades of pink.

I feel like their just using color schemes as well, because even though it's minor, dark is usually represented by dark brown, as opposed to straight black in Umbreon's type box. For Eevee, maybe they just wanted to focus on the white rather than brown?

The body colors fit the typings perfectly though, there really isn't any of them that are "off" in regards to colors and typings. In any case, its the background color thats catching me right now... Theres no typing thats specifically representing pink other than psychic which is purple.

I just can't see flying being represented so secretly, and in pink? Why pink? Somethings off... I'm starting to question my normal default for Sylveon now, as Eevee is being quite differentiated from it, like their implying Sylveon at least isn't normal.

I think Sylveon being Normal, Flying or a new type all have some basis for suspicion. Anyone who thinks Sylveon is a dragon type though is riding the crazy train.

The pink however can't be an indication of its type, as there is also Xerneas and Yveltal to consider. They both have the same glow behind em, blue and red, respectively. If we were to take the site colors as direct indication to types, then we would have to assume that xerneas is part water and yveltal is part fire, no exceptions.

What I would like to see is a satanic version of Arceus. Since Game Freak tends to reference games from two generations ago, Generation VI will probably have Sinnoh references. Since Arceus is a god-like Pokemon, this new Pokemon could be a satan-like Pokemon. It could hold all the plates and change its type like Arceus could.

The pink however can't be an indication of its type, as there is also Xerneas and Yveltal to consider. They both have the same glow behind em, blue and red, respectively. If we were to take the site colors as direct indication to types, then we would have to assume that xerneas is part water and yveltal is part fire, no exceptions.

But Xerneas and Yveltal aren't Eeveelutions. (・_・ヾ All the Eeveelutions (thus far) have been colored according to type, so it makes sense that Sylveon's colors have something to do with its typing.

But Xerneas and Yveltal aren't Eeveelutions. (・_・ヾ All the Eeveelutions (thus far) have been colored according to type, so it makes sense that Sylveon's colors have something to do with its typing.
Yes, but the point is this:
Huh, gonna back off my comment, you made me check the site, and it seems that Xerneas and Yveltal don't have type boxes, and the starters do, with the colors matching with the fire/grass/water boxes of leafeon,flareon, and Vaporeon, while still having distinct colors for the glow around the body. I guess the type box does mean a new type after all. Okay, everyone, back to guessing away what it can be, sorry for the inconvenience.

I realized that all the Eeveelutions are weak to eachother, except Umbreon isn't weak to any of the Eeveelutions. So in order to make the weakness thing work, would that make Syvleon a Bug Type so that it's strong against Umbreon?

I realized that all the Eeveelutions are weak to eachother, except Umbreon isn't weak to any of the Eeveelutions. So in order to make the weakness thing work, would that make Syvleon a Bug Type so that it's strong against Umbreon?

Or Fighting, so that it can be weak to Espeon.

But keep in mind that Jolteon isn't weak to any of the Eeveelutions either.

I read some Japanese Pokemon topics to see if they had a different perspective, but it's mostly been the same sort of discussion. I did find some miscellaneous gems, though - such as a Japanese poster on one set of forums saying that its species was "The Miraculous Fur Pokemon" and that it was an "Elf-type". And some insistence that it was just a female version of Flareon and that they were going to split all of the Eevees into male and female versions. There's a lot more support for Bug-type Sylveon than Dragon-type Sylveon, but it was brought up.

Back
Top Bottom