• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

And one of my favorites: Claiming that the legendaries are based on Japanese folklore, and that Xerneas is based on Shishigami, you know, from that famous ancient Japanese myth, Princess Mononoke.:p

This one is actually still up in the air until we get more information that just its name and design.

Wait, I think you didn't get it. Princess Mononoke is a 1997 animated film and there's nothing "ancient" about this story or the Shishigami. The troll was caught because of this (among other reasons, but this is the funniest one).

To put in perspective; imagine someone comes and says Xerneas is based after a mythical creature of ancient Western folklore, named Bambi.

On the other hand, Yatagarasu, the three-legged crow, is a genuine creature of Japanese folklore, so it's not impossible Yveltal is based on it.

Well, Snorlax was based on Totoro, so I don't see why Xerneas can't be based on the deer-god from Mononoke, even if Mononoke (a great film) didn't do that well in Japan, it was well-liked internationally, so I'd prefer that it would be a shout out, instead of a full-blown ''being based on the character'' thing.

They still probably wouldn't have an internal memo saying it was based on Mononoke.

And one of my favorites: Claiming that the legendaries are based on Japanese folklore, and that Xerneas is based on Shishigami, you know, from that famous ancient Japanese myth, Princess Mononoke.:p

This one is actually still up in the air until we get more information that just its name and design.

Wait, I think you didn't get it. Princess Mononoke is a 1997 animated film and there's nothing "ancient" about this story or the Shishigami. The troll was caught because of this (among other reasons, but this is the funniest one).

To put in perspective; imagine someone comes and says Xerneas is based after a mythical creature of ancient Western folklore, named Bambi.

On the other hand, Yatagarasu, the three-legged crow, is a genuine creature of Japanese folklore, so it's not impossible Yveltal is based on it.

Well, Snorlax was based on Totoro, so I don't see why Xerneas can't be based on the deer-god from Mononoke, even if Mononoke (a great film) didn't do that well in Japan, it was well-liked internationally, so I'd prefer that it would be a shout out, instead of a full-blown ''being based on the character'' thing.

The problem isn't about if Xerneas is based after Shishigami; actually it could. The problem is that the fake guy pointed Shishigami as part of Japanese folklore.

The problem isn't about if Xerneas is based after Shishigami; actually it could. The problem is that the fake guy pointed Shishigami as part of Japanese folklore.

WHOOPS, that is indeed a fail, I realize they have Kami for, like, everything, but I don't think there are any major japanese legend about deer.

Also, unrelated, THIS:

Last edited:

So I just noticed apparently in the anime all of Virgil's pokemon were male except for the Eevee. Sure it could just be alluding to the gender ratio, but I could also see that as being a bit of a hint Sylpheon could be a gender exclusive evolution. Seems like something the anime writers could have thrown in there that'd fly under everyone's noses until Virgil inevitably shows back up again with an evolved Eevee.

Seems like something the anime writers could have thrown in there that'd fly under everyone's noses until Virgil inevitably shows back up again with an evolved Eevee.
There was no foreshadowing that Virgil would return in the future, though. It isn't necessary for Sylveon to be promoted in the anime around the short's run. While it could very well happen, I wouldn't say it is the inevitable outcome.

So I just noticed apparently in the anime all of Virgil's pokemon were male except for the Eevee. Sure it could just be alluding to the gender ratio, but I could also see that as being a bit of a hint Sylpheon could be a gender exclusive evolution. Seems like something the anime writers could have thrown in there that'd fly under everyone's noses until Virgil inevitably shows back up again with an evolved Eevee.

Another Combee treatment? No. This would frustrating some players. If Sylveon is female-only, getting her via levelling up could be 100% risky as Eevee's gender ratio is 87.5% males to 12.5% females. I don't want to see another Combee treatment again. If Sylveon's gender ratio is same as Eevee (seven-to-one ratio), imagine bishonen design like Raiden (Jack) from Metal Gear series. I do prefer latter one (seven-to-one) instead.

14e7yq1.png

But yeah, a very valid point. I've been wondering how can Evee get to evolve into Sylveon... A Flying stone? Beauty again?(HEll no) Maybe the feathers? Geez introducing new pokemon evolving from old is always so underhanded.

Also I think an area where Eevee evolves into it can be safely assumed.

Did you guys here about the rumor that's going around saying that Pokémon X and Y will introduce over 130 New Pokémon as well as surprising new features like being able to talk to your Pokémon on the 3DS mic and apparently there's another new feature called Pokémon Connect. I know there's almost a huge huge chance that this is fake especially since even numbered Generation's always have less Pokémon than odd numbered ones but nonetheless it's still kind of entertaining from what we currently have info on which is mainly nothing but it's understandable as the games do come out in October. I'm just getting very impatient waiting for more news luckily February is over in 5 days and then CoroCoro usually leaks on the 11th so 17 days to go I'd say at the least. I really really want Xerneas' and Yveltal's Types to be revealed and Sylveon's too (that little booger is still messing with my head on what Type it is).

Here's the link to the site that has this rumor...RUMOR: 130 New Pokémon in X and Y, Talk to Your Pokémon With “3DS Technology” | GenGAME

Last edited:

Curious... I don't think its real though, intuition says so. XD

(that little booger is still messing with my head on what Type it is).

ix5ruw.png
<Opposites = Electric beats Flying
<Wind references in name
<Lightest of all evolutions
<Feathers in attacks shown
<Dang, Vaporeon looks adorable on that chart

It's obviously Flying. It's way of flight will be like Tropius's, probably. It's not hard to imagine that it will rotate the "bows" at the back of it's head.

It would be nice if that rumor's true, but I don't quite understand the purpose of talking to your pokemon...Unless, it's like you have many several options, but it will still never give the atmosphere of anime.

ix5ruw.png
<Wind references in name

It's obviously Flying. It's way of flight will be like Tropius's, probably. It's not hard to imagine that it will rotate the "bows" at the back of it's head.

It would be nice if that rumor's true, but I don't quite understand the purpose of talking to your pokemon...Unless, it's like you have many several options, but it will still never give the atmosphere of anime.

That's what I'm currently thinking it is. But a part of me is in doubt due to the fact that they're trying to be very secretive about I mean if it were a Type that already exist why not reveal it already. On another note you made me laugh at the Vaporeon part ^_^

I feel silly now, because I didn't notice those type weaknesses until you pointed them out XD
I've had my guess on flying for a bit now, but I'm gonna stick with it. It just seems the most likely. Th a fully there's only a couple more weeks until we know for sure.

ix5ruw.png
<Wind references in name

... wings is out of the question according to many ppl for flying eevee. For the analysis:
> it would be funny (flying opposite electric)
> Japanese name uses spirits less wind references
> very light, wierd.
> feathers xD missed that.
> Espeon was ready for a photo shoot.

...I'd prefer if they bring out animation of Sylveon levitating or displaying its flying type. Heck I can even see a grounded(flying type but can not use HM fly), that would be extremely sad.

Last note I am rooting for a ubber version of eevee aka Sylveon 2.0 type normal.

Well, a quite peculiar fact is that Sylveon is the only one in Eevee family that has those bright, cyan eyes. If not for Umbreon having red ones, we could seriously be going apeshit for this being a sign of a new type or something. But nah.

Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

Because nymphs are not spirits, and a spirit cannot be represented by the Ghost-type.
It would be extremely forced. Yes, nymphs and ghosts are both spirits, but the latter are associated with death and the former aren't.
But does not being associated with death have anything to with the fact that a nymph could be represented by the Ghost-type?

Not saying it's likely that they'd be represented by ghost types (cause it isn't), but in greek mythology, there were Underworld Nymphs.
Well, I don't see any similarities between Sylveon and the Lampades. ;)

Sylv could also be from sylph, which has something to do with air.

I noticed something else when I was drawing Sylveon last night too. (Sorry if somebody has already mentioned this). I noticed that her ears and tail look kind of like feathers :)

I noticed something else when I was drawing Sylveon last night too. (Sorry if somebody has already mentioned this). I noticed that her ears and tail look kind of like feathers :)
Really? The tail and ears look like regular tail and ears to me.

I guess you people are trying to hard to justify the Flying-type for Sylveon and that is coming from a fan of the type.

14e7yq1.png

But yeah, a very valid point. I've been wondering how can Evee get to evolve into Sylveon... A Flying stone? Beauty again?(HEll no) Maybe the feathers? Geez introducing new pokemon evolving from old is always so underhanded.

I can bet it's something like "go to the highest mountain with eight bodyguards and the One Ring your uncle stole from that gooey creature from deep in the cave decades ago"...

Regarding the chart pattern thing, it could easily be the other way around, with Sylveon's type trumping Electric. It could be the Eeveelutions Flareon to Sylveon (clockwise) that have the advantages just as much as it could be Jolteon to Leafeon, which is the only pattern people seem to notice. The Eeveelutions are still split in half, and the same pattern, that of each Eeveelution's type being either strong or weak against the type of the Eeveelution directly opposite it, is being observed. No one can say that the Eeveelutions to the right have advantages over the Eeveelutions to the left, because both Jolteon and Sylveon are in the middle of the chart, being neither in the left side nor in the right.

But then Sylveon obviously isn't Ground-type.

14e7yq1.png

I can bet it's something like "go to the highest mountain with eight bodyguards and the One Ring your uncle stole from that gooey creature from deep in the cave decades ago"...

If it is Flying-type, maybe you'll have to evolve it while holding a Float Stone. Makes sense, since the only way I can see Sylveon 'flying' is by floating, since it doesn't have any wings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom