• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters

Pidgeot

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Use this thread to discuss and speculate on the REVEALED Gen VI pokemon.

However if you wish to post ideas that you would like to see in Gen VI, please use this thread.

The old Sylveon poll that was replaced on 11th June after we found out its type.
sylveonpoll_zps88cf5924.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

@Pidgeot; Umm... wouldn't a Dark/Steel type be 4x weakened BY Fighting-type moves? Look at the Pawniard line; they're Dark/Steel, and they take 4x damage from Fighting-type moves. On top of that, Justified only protects from Dark-type moves, not Fighting-type moves. So that really won't help in any way.

Anyway, onto the subject. If I got to decide on a new Pokemon, I'd probably go with a Fire/Steel or Ice/Steel type. Maybe they could make the Fire-type Starter a Fire/Steel type instead of the now-traditional Fire/Fighting-type. It would be a nice change of pace, and it would grant a Fire-type with more defensive power (though, as we've seen, the Steel-type doesn't always mean higher defenses, such as Lucario and Excadrill, but it might mean at least better defenses). Some new Ice, Psychic, and Dragon-types would be nice, especially since most of the Ice and Psychic-types have been a bit lackluster lately (favorites include Glaceon, Glalie, Gardevoir, and Starmie). Heck, maybe even a new Bug/Steel type is in order, one that packs as much of a punch as Scizor and Escavalier, or along those lines. In any case, let's hope we get some good ones soon.

@Pidgeot; Umm... wouldn't a Dark/Steel type be 4x weakened BY Fighting-type moves? Look at the Pawniard line; they're Dark/Steel, and they take 4x damage from Fighting-type moves. On top of that, Justified only protects from Dark-type moves, not Fighting-type moves. So that really won't help in any way.

Anyway, onto the subject. If I got to decide on a new Pokemon, I'd probably go with a Fire/Steel or Ice/Steel type. Maybe they could make the Fire-type Starter a Fire/Steel type instead of the now-traditional Fire/Fighting-type. It would be a nice change of pace, and it would grant a Fire-type with more defensive power (though, as we've seen, the Steel-type doesn't always mean higher defenses, such as Lucario and Excadrill, but it might mean at least better defenses). Some new Ice, Psychic, and Dragon-types would be nice, especially since most of the Ice and Psychic-types have been a bit lackluster lately (favorites include Glaceon, Glalie, Gardevoir, and Starmie). Heck, maybe even a new Bug/Steel type is in order, one that packs as much of a punch as Scizor and Escavalier, or along those lines. In any case, let's hope we get some good ones soon.

I've wanted an Ice/Steel Type Pokémon since Generation 3. They can give it the Heatproof Ability to cut the attack of Fire Types in half but I can't ever think of a creature it could be based on.

I've wanted an Ice/Steel Type Pokémon since Generation 3. They can give it the Heatproof Ability to cut the attack of Fire Types in half but I can't ever think of a creature it could be based on.

That'd be a pretty good combo: Ice/Steel with Heatproof. A very useful and effective way of reducing what would be catastrophic damage. I would love to see that happen. But like you, I can't think of anything they could base it off of. Maybe they should make another Glalie-like Pokemon, based off an Oni or something like that (after all, such creatures have a wide range of forms, so it wouldn't be impossible). But yeah, that's a great idea.

I kind of want Fire/Dark, Water/Psychic, and Grass/Fighting starters. Fire/Dark could have really attack, Water/Psychic could have high defenses, Grass/Fighting could be rounded.

Firstly, I said that it would be weakened by Fighting moves. Secondly, oops, I forgot that Justified protects from Dark moves, not Fighting ones. In that case, they could create a Fighting-type version of Justified.

I want more dragons, but not pseudo- or legendary dragons. We need more Pokémon like Altaria, Flygon, Druddigon.
It is about time for Game Freak give us a Dragon/Bug Pokémon.

Regarding the starters: Grass/Ghost, Fire/Psychic and Water/Dark would be great.

Also, I'd love some more strong Flying-Type Pokémon, like Staraptor. And give us a Flying/Fighting Pokémon, GF!

I predict that there may be a Grass/Fire-type to take advantage of Sun, preferably one with Chlorophyll. Currently, Sun's abusers cannot be compared to Rain's ones, simply because every Rain user have access to a Water-type move that they would take advantage of, which is a synergy that provides too much advantage compared to the others. This type combination would also threaten every weather starter except Ninetales, ensuring that they won't try to take advantage of it.

I foresee an alternate Snow Warning user. Currently, Abomasnow is the only one, so it would be ideal to have something else with this. It would preferably have a beneficial typing or moves to counteract with Ice's weaknesses, especially Fighting.

Personally, I would like to see a Grass/Ghost-type with an emphasis on Special Defence and Flash Fire as an ability, only because it would make a great Heatran counter. This combo should fulfill the Jack-o-lantern concept properly.

I want more dragons, but not pseudo- or legendary dragons. We need more Pokémon like Altaria, Flygon, Druddigon.
It is about time for Game Freak give us a Dragon/Bug Pokémon.

Regarding the starters: Grass/Ghost, Fire/Psychic and Water/Dark would be great.

Also, I'd love some more strong Flying-Type Pokémon, like Staraptor. And give us a Flying/Fighting Pokémon, GF!

More non-legend Dragons would be nice, I agree. Reminded me of a time when Haxorus was thought to be part-Bug, but turns out the be the first pure Dragon-type line (something I saw a mile away when Gigalith was announced to be pure Rock). However, if there is a strong Flying-type, it would hopefully be in the mould of a more powerful Braviary/Mandibuzz rather than Staraptor, because Staraptor is imbalanced in a sense that it is very powerful, yet easy to train.

Thanks for reading.

I'm expecting two gen 6 Pokémon, however, unrelated unlike Zorua/Zoroark.

One is a new Eevee evolution and the other one a rare/unique or a legendary Pokémon to start along with Genesect.

I want neither a Gen VI version of Lucario/Zoroark, nor do I want a new Eeveelution but, an event Legendary to be revealed first. Besides the Lucario/Zoroark thing is getting stale, and the Eeveelutions can wait until the game is about to get released.

-Challenge Mode and Assist mode are available from the beginning.
-You can use Keys to obtain the legendary of the opposite version.
-The Generation is similar to Johto it has a lot of evolutions of Pokemon from Unova and Pre Evolutions it also has a few other evolutions of Pokemon from previous generations(Eevee, and a few others)
- 115 New Pokemon
- The Grass Type starter is a bipedal platypus, the Fire Type starter is a tyger, and the water type starter is a dolphin oddly it is bipedal.

inb4 the announcement isn't gen 6 at all and we all feel awkward

I'm expecting a new Eeveelution with all the marketing they're getting lately, but aside from that... I want some mundane pure flying-types. And I also want Gamefreak to conveniently not make any Pokemon that overlap with the fakemons I've come up with. That'd be nice.

My Hopes/Predictions.

- Standalone region, with ties to Ancient Times/Deserts/Africa.
- Fire/Dark Lion starter.
- Grass/Fighting Peacock/Raptor starter.
- Water/Psychic Hippo starter.
- Personalized designs for Main character/Rival.
- Can choose your own pathway for the Gyms, though the levels on the Gym's pokemon will differ with the order that you choose to travel in.
- More personalized Gyms, ala Gym inside a Swamp, a Series of Caverns, middle of a Desert.
- Can choose which Pokemon follows you, and can interact with the Pokemon.
- Dark Type gym.

I think Gen VI is going to have a surprise no one will see coming, whether it's a deviation from its normal tropes, re-introduction of an old character, or or a reversal of their normal equation. While the same old same old would be fantastic (and still very lucrative), I'm sure Game Freak knows that it had better switch things up a bit or they risk losing some of their older demographic.

I think Gen VI is going to have a surprise no one will see coming, whether it's a deviation from its normal tropes, re-introduction of an old character, or or a reversal of their normal equation. While the same old same old would be fantastic (and still very lucrative), I'm sure Game Freak knows that it had better switch things up a bit or they risk losing some of their older demographic.

they turned the franchise on it's head this Gen... who kows what they're planning ass Gen V has been pretty unpredictable

Gen 6 proper prediction time? OH BOY, its like a 9 month Christmas.
-Unova next door, but not accessible. Perhaps the Aspertia-Virbank stretch, but that's it.
-Region will however huge amounts of ties to it, including cameos and what not.
-HMs are wiped out, subways replace fly, surfing is a predominate ability in all water Pokemon large enough, so on so forth.
-Huge region. 3DS' graphical updates along with the amount of size the game can be stored on will help.
-Sprites for battles, but in a super HD kind of way. All else is 3D, even the characters.
-Top down POV, but with full 3D movement.
-120 or so Pokemon, with a Sinnoh sized legendary corner. The more the merrier I say!
-Streetpass/Spotpass Secret Bases, all the live long day.
-Major Pokedex revamp, and a general lower screen is a menu UI ala HGSS, but with more flare.
-The starters could be anything, but I do believe Fire/Fighting will retire. Hopefully a freakin Dolphin will be the water starter, cause they've done mostly all you can think of, cept whale. Now that I think about it.........
-Gyms will be even more personalized, that a cave gym will literally be a cave needed to go through to the next city, or at least an extension of one.
-Seasons get a major focus, if not giving us the first in-game available quad of legendary Pokemon.
-Main Legendary Pokemon will be a literal physics lesson. We got space, time, and antimatter, why not go full science and give us legendaries based on sound, light, and heat. I know I know, reshiram and ho-oh got the whole fire thing going, and more so Reshiram due to the whole energy thing, but this is more based on wavelengths then energy.
-Give me fire/ice ffs. I know, I know all impracticalities aside it would still be an awesome Pokemon.
-More medals. Incorporate a full online medal network, with medal leaderboards and everything.
-Hell leaderboards for everything is even more apropriate.

These are my biggest wants:
1) For the version masctos to not be Dragon-type.
2) For the fire starter (Assuming we're sticking with them) to not evolve into a Fire/Fighting type.
3) A better, more robust online system that can actually detect who disconnected in an online match.
4) Online communities like Mario Kart 7. Maybe even the ability to hose 8/16-people tournaments via Wi-Fi?
5) I think sprites for Pokémon are here to stay, as PMD didn't use all of the 3D models. However, I would love an overworld similar in style to Tales of the Abyss. Also, I believe a more visual-novel style for important characters' dialogue (Gym Leaders, rivals, villains etc) would be awesome. Maybe the 2D overworld sprites could be replaced with a chibi number like Bravely Default or Dragon Quest?
6) The ability to trade multiple Pokémon at once (possibly limit it to a box at a time). Or even better - an ability to simply transfer Pokémon to another game.
7) Stronger Ice-type Pokémon and physical Ice-type moves.

they turned the franchise on it's head this Gen... who kows what they're planning ass Gen V has been pretty unpredictable

That's what I mean :) Bet that they have to step up their game even more. IMHO.

I personally want an Electric/Flying type that isn't a legendary; I mean heck we have two Water/Flying types; Ducklet -> Swanna and Wingfull ->Pelipper so why not an electric type?

That being said I'd really like the gyms and the elites to be switched up a bit; I'd definitely like to see a Poison, Dark, Ghost and Steel Gyms again.

Back
Top Bottom