• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

I personally want an Electric/Flying type that isn't a legendary; I mean heck we have two Water/Flying types; Ducklet -> Swanna and Wingfull ->Pelipper so why not an electric type?

That being said I'd really like the gyms and the elites to be switched up a bit; I'd definitely like to see a Poison, Dark, Ghost and Steel Gyms again.
Emolga isn't legendary I don't think.

I personally want an Electric/Flying type that isn't a legendary; I mean heck we have two Water/Flying types; Ducklet -> Swanna and Wingfull ->Pelipper so why not an electric type?

That being said I'd really like the gyms and the elites to be switched up a bit; I'd definitely like to see a Poison, Dark, Ghost and Steel Gyms again.
Emolga says hi.

Dark type gym please.
No Fire/Fighting starter for the love of Arceus
Wi-fi trading outside the Pokemon Center
wi-fi option for Entalink/Funfest Mission equivalent if there is one
No Dragon type legends, we've had enough. Let there be a Poison type, Ghost type and other kinds of legends we havent seen, perhaps another Bug legendary.

Emolga says hi.

Dark type gym please.
No Fire/Fighting starter for the love of Arceus
Wi-fi trading outside the Pokemon Center
wi-fi option for Entalink/Funfest Mission equivalent if there is one
No Dragon type legends, we've had enough. Let there be a Poison type, Ghost type and other kinds of legends we havent seen, perhaps another Bug legendary.

Sorry should have made that a bit clearer; I mean like an actual BIRD electric/flying type, sorry!

I'm tired of Fire/Fighting too so I hope they chance that up a bit.

As I said in another similar thread, I really hope they keep with the sprites, at least in the overworld, although Bravely Default-like 3D models, as mentioned by Joshawott, wouldn't be bad. Also, please GF, don't give us an orchestrated soundtrack for the new games. Even dubstep soundtracks (like Marvel vs Capcom 3's) are better than generic orchestrated scores... Unless they hire Koh Otani to compose the score for the games.

Regarding eeveelutions, I would like to see no new ones, because they don't really appeal to me... But a Dragon-Type one wouldn't be bad, plus this is the only previously special-oriented type left without an eeveelution.

These are my biggest wants:
1) For the version masctos to not be Dragon-type.
2) For the fire starter (Assuming we're sticking with them) to not evolve into a Fire/Fighting type.
3) A better, more robust online system that can actually detect who disconnected in an online match.
4) Online communities like Mario Kart 7. Maybe even the ability to hose 8/16-people tournaments via Wi-Fi?
5) I think sprites for Pokémon are here to stay, as PMD didn't use all of the 3D models. However, I would love an overworld similar in style to Tales of the Abyss. Also, I believe a more visual-novel style for important characters' dialogue (Gym Leaders, rivals, villains etc) would be awesome. Maybe the 2D overworld sprites could be replaced with a chibi number like Bravely Default or Dragon Quest?
6) The ability to trade multiple Pokémon at once (possibly limit it to a box at a time). Or even better - an ability to simply transfer Pokémon to another game.
7) Stronger Ice-type Pokémon and physical Ice-type moves.
But it needs to be able to tell if you lose your connection so there is no unfair blame.
I myself am hoping for ice to gain more resistances.

2) For the fire starter (Assuming we're sticking with them) to not evolve into a Fire/Fighting type.
3) A better, more robust online system that can actually detect who disconnected in an online match.
4) Online communities like Mario Kart 7. Maybe even the ability to hose 8/16-people tournaments via Wi-Fi?
5) I think sprites for Pokémon are here to stay, as PMD didn't use all of the 3D models. However, I would love an overworld similar in style to Tales of the Abyss. Also, I believe a more visual-novel style for important characters' dialogue (Gym Leaders, rivals, villains etc) would be awesome. Maybe the 2D overworld sprites could be replaced with a chibi number like Bravely Default or Dragon Quest?
6) The ability to trade multiple Pokémon at once (possibly limit it to a box at a time). Or even better - an ability to simply transfer Pokémon to another game.
But it needs to be able to tell if you lose your connection so there is no unfair blame.
If you have a poor connection, don't play online. There would be no way to tell whether someone's connection drops accidentally or if it was them rage quitting, I imagine.

Still, the sheer amount of rage quitters on Wi-Fi needs to be addressed.

If you have a poor connection, don't play online. There would be no way to tell whether someone's connection drops accidentally or if it was them rage quitting, I imagine.

Um plenty of people have poor wifi I know that and therefore warn everyone who I connect with that my wifi often cuts out so they know I didn't rage quit. Systems don't take that into account. Also it could tell if you hit the run button or not that could stop some of it.

What I'd truly like to see next gen is a Bug/Dark/Ghost "Fear Trio" of legendaries.

I would like there to be more slots in the party and possibly less HM's.

Um plenty of people have poor wifi I know that and therefore warn everyone who I connect with that my wifi often cuts out so they know I didn't rage quit. Systems don't take that into account. Also it could tell if you hit the run button or not that could stop some of it.
People don't hit the "Run" button to quit - they outright turn their DS systems off. Selecting "Run" will result in them receiving a loss on their record, which defeats the purpose of them rage quitting.

The biggest annoyance with people rage quitting is with the official Wi-Fi tournaments and especially now that The Pokémon Company International is offering Championship points in the Wi-Fi tournaments, the issue needs to be clamped down on very harshly.

People don't hit the "Run" button to quit - they outright turn their DS systems off. Selecting "Run" will result in them receiving a loss on their record, which defeats the purpose of them rage quitting.

The biggest annoyance with people rage quitting is with the official Wi-Fi tournaments and especially now that The Pokémon Company International is offering Championship points in the Wi-Fi tournaments, the issue needs to be clamped down on very harshly.
I have no games other than SS so I don't know much about these tournaments I've been playing for less than a year admittedly. So what are Championship points used for?

I have no games other than SS so I don't know much about these tournaments I've been playing for less than a year admittedly. So what are Championship points used for?
Players earn Championship Points for entering various official tournaments (both Wi-Fi and IRL). Once you've earned over a certain amount, you get an invitation to the Pokémon World Championships.

In Gen VI, I think we'll get at least one of the following:

-A new starter trio of Rock, Fighting, and Flying.
-A female head of a villainous team.
-The availability to choose the game's difficulty right from the get-go.
-A reckless female rival who uses brute force, and a shy male rival who uses tactical defense.
-A Fighting/Flying-type, a Dark/Electric-type, and an Electric/Fighting-type.
-Around 120 new Pokemon, with only seven legendaries.
-The badge quest having either twelve or sixteen badges, with NO. WATER. TYPE. GYM.
-The admins of the villainous team, if any, to focus on the Psychic-, Ice-, and Electric-types.

Less legendaries this gen please. Around five should be sufficient enough, like Gen 1. Gen 4 and 5 introduced way too many. The starter pokemon should maybe ditch the traditional water/grass/fire and have us choose from a variety of starter pokemon. Maybe have us catch our starter in a Safari Zone-like area.

Original Dragon, Dragon Eeveelution, and Primisect (borrowed that nice name from someone else).

As for starters... NOT FIRE-FIGHTING, PLEASE

Ooh, just remembered a Legendary Pokemon idea I really want to happen.

Chimera legendary. If Golurk is an ancient equivalent to Porygon, then this thing would be an ancient equivalent to Mewtwo and Genesect. I personally conceptualize it as Bug/Dragon, and the result of alchemists being all like "Lol lets fuse bugs and dragons, what could possibly go wrong? OH GOD WHAT HAVE WE DONE."

Primisect (borrowed that nice name from someone else).

You're borrowing it from someone else. Pretty sure a fakemon artist came up with it.

Paleosect
Predasect
Ferousect
Terasect

There are many potential names for Genesect's original self if it's a separate Pokemon.

1.)Being able to customize the main character.
2.)Like everyone else, a fire starter that does not evolve into fire/fighting.
3.)A Flying eeveeloution
4.)Maybe some evo's for Unova pokemon?

- At least 10 Legendary Pokemon (I like Legendary Pokemon. Bite me)
- NO MORE Dragon-type mascots
- No Fire/Fighting final evolution
- Return of PokeWalker
- Return of Wi-Fi Plaza with lots of new mini-games
- New, never before used dual type Pokemon (e.g. Fighting/Flying, Fire/Grass)
- Character customization
- Space Travel
- Diving to remain with lots more diving spots
- At least 2 new fossil Pokemon

Back
Top Bottom