• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

- At least 10 Legendary Pokemon (I like Legendary Pokemon. Bite me)
- NO MORE Dragon-type mascots
- No Fire/Fighting final evolution
- Return of PokeWalker
- Return of Wi-Fi Plaza with lots of new mini-games
- New, never before used dual type Pokemon (e.g. Fighting/Flying, Fire/Grass)
- Character customization
- Space Travel
- Diving to remain with lots more diving spots
- At least 2 new fossil Pokemon

I don't ever remember anyone complaining about the legends in RSE and there was exactly 10 so yeah I think 10 isn't overkill. Plus I think it depends on the design of the legend as well. Here's a list of legends I came up with pretty predictible though

1. A standalone Legend maybe a Griffin that's Fighting/Flying Type
2. A Trio or even a Quartet maybe the 4 Symbols of the Chinese Constellations
3. The 2 Version Legends sort of like Ho-oh and Lugia
4. Possibly 2 Event Legends (The less the better)
5. Oh and another 2 standalones possibly based on some cryptids like Chupacabra or Folklore creatures like the Nue

So yeah about 10-11 as long as they're done right.

Isn't this the Gen that introduces Pokemon #666? (In Gen 6 no less LOL that was definitely planned)

I hope its the cutest Pokemon in existence, just to troll people speculating on that number.

Isn't this the Gen that introduces Pokemon #666? (In Gen 6 no less LOL that was definitely planned)

I hope its the cutest Pokemon in existence, just to troll people speculating on that number.

well... the next Gen Order will be

#650 Grass Starter
#651: Grass Starter
#652: Grass Starter
#653: Fire Starter
#654: Fire Starter
#655: Fire Starter
#656: Water Starter
#657: Water Starter
#658: Water Starter

SO odds are #666 will just be an Early Rodent (ala Rattata) or an Early Bird (Pidgy) so it will probably be useless competitively lol unless it's like Staraptor

That's exactly what I said. Actually, from your own post.

Now I'm a bit confused... I meant that I just got that name from someone else, so technically you're borrowing it from them and not my post. I probably should have clarified that better.

#665: Generic early bug that appears to have regressed back to pre-Gen 5 levels of suck.
#666: Regression confirmed. It's just a crappy early bug whose only saving grace is looking cute and being the first fly Pokemon.
#667: ...Annnnnd once it reaches a certain high level, its true nature as Gyarados 2.0, the first bearer of the Bug/Dark combo, Gen 6's pseudo legendary, and the Pokemon equivalent of Beelzebub are revealed.

Kind of like how Gabite was #444 and Garchomp was #445.

Personally, there are only a few things I want. And a few I expect.

Want:
-No fire/fighting starter
-Two new fossils with completely new type combinations (Rock/Ghost and Rock/Electric?)
-An ability which heals a mon during the sun (like rain dish), for possible bulky fire-types(?)
-A total of 7 or 8 new legends, 2-3 of which being WiFi event
-Two of those legends both being Ghost/Something and complete opposites of each other, as version mascots. Not dragon-type!
-More sophisticated WiFi battling
-A new Snow Warning user, possibly fast and frail. (Ice/Bug, maybe?)
-More viable Pokemon with weather-negating abilities (think Air Lock or Cloud Nine). Maybe an ability or move that removes weather altogether?

Expected:
-If there's an eeveelution, it'll be Dragon-type. Why? Dragon is the only remaining Special type without an eeveelution.
-No Dark-type Gym. Why? Seriously, it's the Evil type in Japan. That wouldn't sit well with them.
-A few more Dark-type Pokemon which are simply misunderstood, not evil. That might make a Dark-type Gym more possible.
-Anti-ragequitting stuff for the WiFi battles.
-No customizable character, but he will have a little bit of backstory, similar to Gen III's player character moving to Hoenn (from Johto?) with his mom so they could be with their dad who'd already attained a Gym Leader position.

In all, I'm not sure what to expect. But I know what I want, really.

well... the next Gen Order will be

#650 Grass Starter
#651: Grass Starter
#652: Grass Starter
#653: Fire Starter
#654: Fire Starter
#655: Fire Starter
#656: Water Starter
#657: Water Starter
#658: Water Starter

SO odds are #666 will just be an Early Rodent (ala Rattata) or an Early Bird (Pidgy) so it will probably be useless competitively lol unless it's like Staraptor

Unless they pull another Generation 5 on us where the next Pokédex starts out with a Chibi Legend like Victini.

I read this from another message board a long time ago and really liked the idea.

I doubt Game Freak will use the idea though since we just had a legendary quartet in this generation.

Anyway, it's a legendary quartet based on the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse. Another reason I doubt they'll use it is because the Musketeer Trio + Keldeo are quadrupedal as well.

Pestilence: Poison type
War: Fighting type
Famine: Grass type
Death: Ghost type

It would be cool if they based future Pokemon off this story.

That's exactly what I said. Actually, from your own post.

Now I'm a bit confused... I meant that I just got that name from someone else, so technically you're borrowing it from them and not my post. I probably should have clarified that better.
Oh, I'm sorry, misunderstood.

I wonder if GF will repeat the #000 formula, being #650 a legendary a la Victini. Maybe #650 (or regional #000) could be Original Dragon, to set a link with Gen V and Tao trio. Or maybe "Primisect". Or maybe any random new Legendary.

I wonder if GF will repeat the #000 formula, being #650 a legendary a la Victini. Maybe #650 (or regional #000) could be Original Dragon, to set a link with Gen V and Tao trio. Or maybe "Primisect". Or maybe any random new Legendary.

If the Original Dragon exists next gen, I think being the last Pokemon in the Pokedex might be more fitting than #000 considering it will have an Arceus+ level BST. Primisect seems like a good fit for #650/000, as Mew comes right after Mewtwo.

i really hope they bring more gen III style Pokémon. there were not enough of those for me.
and they had better not spam all of these legendary pokémon like in gen V. i hated that alot.

Just like everybody else, I'm hoping the Fire starter isn't part Fighting. XD

I'm hoping that the new region -- if it isn't based near Unova -- is based off of Australia and New Zealand. Kiwi, Weta, Tasmanian Devil, Cassowary, and other kinds based off of animals from those two areas would be nice.

also i wanna see them make new sections in evolutionary lines, like they did with Kirlia and Pikachu.

Ah, another thing. When new evolutions (or pre-evo) for Pokémon were created, GF invented new items and methods to avoid discrepancies. For example, incienses to "explain" why in Gen II Marill didn't breed Azurill. Or Dusk Stone to evolve Murkrow and Misdreavus who were unable to evolve in Gen II and III. There were a couple of oversights (in Gen II you were able to breed Swinub with Ancient Power), but GF always tried to keep some consistency, even between incompatible generations.

In Gen V Eviolite was introduced, being effective only for not-fully evolved Pokémon. Now, imagine they introduce an evolution for... let's say, Farfetch'd. Eviolite didn't work on Farfetch'd in Gen V, but it will in Gen VI, generating a discrepancy.

So, unless GF oversees that, it's likely GF won't introduce new evolutions for old Pokémon anymore, unless they were branch evolutions (for example, Introducing a new eeveelution won't break this consistency since Eevee is already able to evolve and Eviolite already works for it).

It's just a hypothesis I have, probably GF won't consider this.

Bulbapedia mentions that the pixies are based on the 5 Chinese Elements:

Earth: Mew
Wood: Celebi
Metal: Jirachi
Water: Manaphy
Fire: Victini

But, is Mew a good representation of Earth if this is the case? All the other pixies are very literal in regards to this theory, but Mew isn't or doesn't seem to be. Perhaps the next pixie with a 600 BST will be psychic/ground or psychic/rock to convey Earth?

But, is Mew a good representation of Earth if this is the case? All the other pixies are very literal in regards to this theory, but Mew isn't or doesn't seem to be. Perhaps the next pixie with a 600 BST will be psychic/ground or psychic/rock to convey Earth?
You know...that makes a lot of sense...

I would think so, considering how its basically the ancestor of all, the seed of life and what not.

You know...that makes a lot of sense...
It does. Or maybe they'll expand to Air.

Land Forme and Sky Forme Shaymin already have earth (in the the physical sense) and air covered.

I hope that there won't be another Mew-like Pokémon. By all means, one of the legendaries should be cute, but I am tired of Game Freak adhering to traditions for the sake of it. We don't need another legendary with 100 base stats across the board, and if Manaphy, Shaymin and Victini are anything to go by, a seventh Mew-like Pokémon won't have any real myth to speak of. No thanks.

I'd question whether that's a deliberate pattern or just a coincidence, though.

Ah, another thing. When new evolutions (or pre-evo) for Pokémon were created, GF invented new items and methods to avoid discrepancies. For example, incienses to "explain" why in Gen II Marill didn't breed Azurill. Or Dusk Stone to evolve Murkrow and Misdreavus who were unable to evolve in Gen II and III. There were a couple of oversights (in Gen II you were able to breed Swinub with Ancient Power), but GF always tried to keep some consistency, even between incompatible generations.

In Gen V Eviolite was introduced, being effective only for not-fully evolved Pokémon. Now, imagine they introduce an evolution for... let's say, Farfetch'd. Eviolite didn't work on Farfetch'd in Gen V, but it will in Gen VI, generating a discrepancy.

So, unless GF oversees that, it's likely GF won't introduce new evolutions for old Pokémon anymore, unless they were branch evolutions (for example, Introducing a new eeveelution won't break this consistency since Eevee is already able to evolve and Eviolite already works for it).

It's just a hypothesis I have, probably GF won't consider this.

I'm calling total bullshit... your argument makes no fucking sense... so they aren't going to make evolutions in Gen VI because of one item in Gen V? makes no sense... simply put it would work on them in Gen VI because it's a different Gen... not a real discrempisy at all just you grasping at straws... also Piloswine learned Ancient Power in Gen II yet they couldn't evolve Mamoswine until Gen IV same with Lickitung and Lickilicky

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom