• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: That pokemon we ever wanted...

I have a feeling it might be a Dark type. Then again, we might get trolled and it'd be a cute Normal or Psychic type. :lol:

SATAN

AND AT LEVEL 66 IT EVOLVES INTO SATAN

Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation

There are currently 649 Pokemon in the national dex

These three starters will add 9, bringing it to 658. Say we get the normal one then. 660. So either a bug, a bird, or yes, a pink frilly fairy

A Bug Dark type. That would be truly evil >:)

considering 650-658 are starters, eight Pokémon after that would still be in the cheap early-game section.

Oh god why did you link to TV Tropes. Please put in a warning.
(j/k)
I hope it's the region's annoying rodent. Or a 1 HP Poké with Sturdy, that can only be defeated if... nah, that'd be too overpowered.

Roserade was pretty early in the dex of DP because of Budew at Route 204. So the 666th could be a Houndoom evolution if Houndour be catchable in early game.

It would be funny if they made it a dark or a ghost type. Although, I doubt they'll really do anything.

I 'd like New Pokemon based off of animals that haven't been used as an inspiration yet:

A water type dolphin: Seriously, why the hell hasn't a dolphin Pokemon been created yet?!
An electric type cheetah
A fossil Rock/Dragon T-Rex
A Water/Poison Sea Anemone
A Rock/Poison stonefish with water absorb
A Panda (a proper one this time around)
A Bug/Ground Millipede

I'd also like a poison type legendary since poison types are currently the only Pokemon that don't have a legendary to call their own.

And please, for the love of Arceus, DO NOT MAKE THE FIRE STARTERS SECOND TYPING BE FIGHTING!!!!

Let's look at the likely scenarios:

Starters up to 658. Zigzagoon+Poochyena lines up to 662. Bug or bird 3 stage line up to 665. 666 could be a first stage bug, a first stage bird, or some common early pokemon like Lotad.
Starters up to 658. Zigzagoon line only up to 660. 3 stage bird/bug up to 663. 666 could be a final evolution bug, final evolution bird
Starters up to 658. Zigzagoon+Poochyena lines to 662. 2 stage bird up to 664. 666 could be a middle evolution bug.

Personally, I am predicting that it's a middle evolution bug in order to not draw attention to the situation

Maybe the legendaries have a genetic backstory of some sort. Perhaps because of the DNA in the Japanese logos, and the X and Y chromosomes...

666 has no significance to Japan. We'll probably get the first evolution of Fodderbug, second if we're lucky.

What is corocoro.

corocoro is a jap magazine that monthly gives spoiler information about games, anime etc. .

it gets released every 15th in the month and leaks between the 12-14th. so the next issue comes out in a week, with probably new information.

It actually leaks as early as the 8th.

Just a thought ... if the theme for this gen is based (at least partly) on X & Y chromosomes, and not X & Y axes, then not only could they have a Z version, they could also have a W version. So we might see ZW sequels to these game, just as we saw BW2, with the new legends for those games taking up the remaining primary colours (yellow & green). 'Course, I'm getting ahead of myself, but still, it's an interesting thought.

I've been saying this myself, actually.

Same here. I'm going to hold this thought until we're proven otherwise. Tied along with the Norse mythology design ideas.

we can also get an ordinary XY version in which the 2 legendaries fusion and be the mascot. like B or W kyurem. . .

Just a thought ... if the theme for this gen is based (at least partly) on X & Y chromosomes, and not X & Y axes, then not only could they have a Z version, they could also have a W version. So we might see ZW sequels to these game, just as we saw BW2, with the new legends for those games taking up the remaining primary colours (yellow & green). 'Course, I'm getting ahead of myself, but still, it's an interesting thought.

I've been saying this myself, actually.

Same here. I'm going to hold this thought until we're proven otherwise. Tied along with the Norse mythology design ideas.

we can also get an ordinary XY version in which the 2 legendaries fusion and be the mascot. like B or W kyurem. . .

Hmm, maybe that'll be the plot of the first games then, and a ZW fusion could be the counterpart, which you have to use to defeat the XY-fusion. Then again, that does seem a bit much *shrugs*

Maybe the legendaries have a genetic backstory of some sort. Perhaps because of the DNA in the Japanese logos, and the X and Y chromosomes...

I was thinking this myself, especially since Pokémon already has strong themes relating to genetic engineering (Mewtwo/Mew, Genesect, arguably Shadow Pokémon from XD/Colo and the Mew event from Gen III). However, here the genetic aspect seems quite naturally expressed. I think these legends/gen will embody the light side of genetics for a change, particularly variation, and possibly have a nature vs. nurture aspect, which could provide an interesting moral crux for the story (just as Gen V was all about shades of grey, literally and figuratively).

While we're on the subject: Pokemon Z. All kidding of Trogdor aside, what if it was actually a serpent? Or specifically, a winged serpent.

If you're talking about a stag legendary with 4-legs that never flies, and a bird legendary with two enormous wings that never lands, then what about a sea snake with no legs that can do all three (slither, swim, and fly)?

A snake fully straightened can represent the X-axis from the side, the Y-axis from the side, or the Z-axis if looked at straight on, at which point it becomes a dot instead of a line.

Now, I know a lot of this is very reminiscent of the Gen 3 Legendaries, Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. But I would say those Pokemon are much more elementally oriented. Groudon and Kyogre are like deities of the Land and Sea, and Rayquaza commands the air through every layer, atmosphere to stratosphere.

X and Y are (could be?) more like Lugia and Ho-Oh: Guardians of sorts that have a duty to do. Less like royalty and more like knights. I have a feeling this is wear the DNA connection will spring forth.

I can't wait to see what it turns out to be, but I can't help but think they might not want to draw attention to it, in order to dodge more criticism from religious organizations... *sigh*

Pokemon #666 = two Spiritombs tied together.

I can't wait to see what it turns out to be, but I can't help but think they might not want to draw attention to it, in order to dodge more criticism from religious organizations... *sigh*

Oh who cares about those morons? The designers should do what they want to do.

And plus, they're way too much fun to laugh at!

Back
Top Bottom