• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: New Pokemon Discussion and Speculation Thread

Griffin for the Pseudo-Legendary would be better. I hate how most of em are part dragon, and I would love for one to be something else, and a Griffin fits that.

The Pseudo would have yo be something that the final boss in the main story would use. If they stick with what Gen 5 did and make the enemy team the final boss and do the male vs female thing, I could see them making two Pseudos

Rampant Lion Pokemon please Game Freak.

For me and every other Scottish Pokemon fan.

This is a very stupid idea and I don't expect it to come true, but part of speculation is having fun with your crazy thoughts.

You know how the Pokestar Studios movie, Everlasting Memories has a French alternate title? I always saw that movie as a foreign remake of a French-region film. Maybe the original film had a native Pokemon that looks something like the robot we have in BW2? It could be a Steel-type, or a Frankenstein-ish monster, or anything really. We had a mecha version of Tyranitar, so why can't we have a mecha version of a ragdoll Normal-type?

So yeah, a Pokemon based off of one of the Pokestar opponents (or the other way round, in-universe) seems like a pretty cool idea.

If they do an owl this time, they better have the decency to give us a part psychic type for stab moves. Noctowl was robbed thanks to Natu.
Nah, there is too much Flying/Psychic Pokémon. If they do one more owl Pokémon, it has to be Dark/Flying or even Ghost/Flying.

They should have a Poodle Pokémon and have it come in it's two different colors, Brown and White. Maybe like Shellos, one color is some parts of the region and the other color in other parts. We have Dog Pokémon in almost every generation, so I really expect it.

Yeah if this region really is France then I can see a poodle Pokemon as well. Would love if they give it a dark type as well, considering how they were meant from the beginning to be hunters and not proud fluffs of beauty. As for other French animals they would add, anyone else expecting a large amount of birds? I mean you can have the Peacock, the Flamingo, the Crane, the falcon, so much could come out of france. Hopefully the falcon is the main bird this gen, and not a freaking Pheasant. I mean pheasant, really GF?

One bird in France that looks interesting is the "Storm Petrel".

2qlwjrn.jpg

But with over 500 bird species residing in France, we have a huge selection

List of birds of France - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd like to see another anglerfish that actually resembles its real life counterpart. It could be a Water/Dark pokemon and a female only species (since male anglerfish are basically useless).

deep-sea-anglerfish.jpg

I've heard that the Pokemon count will be "over 700" with Gen6, which means at least 50 new ones. I'm hoping to see:
Red Panda, Platyus (sorry, Golduck), Porcupine, Gila lizards, Wolf/Husky, Opossum, Koala, Squid, Orca, Griffin, Narwhal, Armadillo, Pangolin, Cheetah, Pegasus, Echinda, Triceratops, Stegosaurus, T-Rex, Brontosaurus, Velociraptor/Deinonychus, Ankylosaurus, Plesiosaur, Smilodon (Saber-Toothed Cat), Peacock, Grasshopper, Lynx, a Cat that isn't snooty or fat, Skink, Cockroach, Giant Panda (don't anyone bring up Spinda...), Komodo, Frilled Lizard, Kangaroo (not Kangaskhan), Llama, Puffin, Hammerhead Shark, Ram, Fawn (like Pan, not a baby deer) Wolverine, Coyote, Flamingo, Heron, Tarantula, Turkey, Wombat, Woodpecker, Roadrunner, Stingray, Lemur, Daddy Long Legs, Capybara, Bush Baby, Dolphin, Iguana, Tanuki-style raccoon, Minotaur...
Okay, I'm tired, now.

Anyway, concerning the Mascots of this Generation: Last year there was talk of introducing a new Type to the Poke-verse, and many speculated that, if it happened, it would the the Light-Type, and probably be both effective and weak against Dark (amongst other things). Looking at Yveltal and Xerneas (whose name makes him sound like a member of Organization XIII, IMO), I could see Dark- and Light-Type, respectively...

A new Light-Type would make sense since they didn't reveal the Types of Yveltal and Xerneas in the CoroCoro scan.

If there is a new type, hopefully it will be weak to Poison and super effective against Electric.

A new Light-Type would make sense since they didn't reveal the Types of Yveltal and Xerneas in the CoroCoro scan.

Well, that doesn't prove that there will be a new type.
They didn't reveal Zekrom and Reshiram's typings until weeks before Black & White release back in 2010.

Also, I have nothing against the idea of introducing a new type. But Light-type would be redundant since we already have Psychic and Electric.
What about that rumor of a "Sound-type"? That would be cool. There are tons of moves and some Pokémon who would have their types corrected to "Sound".

Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

now that gen vi is out i want more pokemon revealed soon

Light could represent a holy figure and order. So many shows, like Bakugan and Yu-Gi-Oh!, have already incorporated this Type, so why not Pokémon?

I'm expecting the number of Pokemon to reach 799.

I don't know what will be the last Pokemon (Ancient Genesect?), but I'm sure we will have the Z Pokemon in the games.

We will probably get some evolutions for old Pokemon, and since that Golurk statue has an Eevee in his hand, maybe we will finally get that Ghost type Eevee everyone is talking about the last "100" years. :D

And am I the only one that thinks that Pokemon Y looks something like a flying Groudon?

Anyway, I'm expecting a lot of changes in this Generation, since the 3DS can do many more things than DS. Though I wasn't really happy when I saw the 6 Pokeballs in one of the battle-scenes, but still, I hope we get some slots to be able to rotate the Pokemon team without going to the Pokemon Center often.

Light could represent a holy figure and order. So many shows, like Bakugan and Yu-Gi-Oh!, have already incorporated this Type, so why not Pokémon?
There are already "sacred" Pokémon (Ho-Oh, Arceus, etc) and they didn't need the Light-type to be "holy".
I also think the name "Saint" or "Holy" would be more appropriated in this case.

As for the number of Pokémon, we already have 649, so... 750 is more than enough.

I think 100 new Pokémon is the bare minimum, and the maximum is 799 total Pokémon, which would mean 150 new ones is the maximum.

Ancient Genesect

I think that'd be a Forme Change, rather than an entirely new Pokemon.

Remember when Reshiram & Zekrom were first revealed and some people thought Reshiram would be a 'Light-type'? Yeah.

I can't see them breaking the 17-type equilibrium they've created.

I don't care what how much people say that introducing a new type wouldn't work, I think it would be awesome and it would be like real-life revolutionary scientific discoveries.

Like the Higgs boson, something that may have been discovered now (it's still being studied), which would answer an entire universe of questions. The Higgs boson in the Pokemon world could be the Undiscovered type that Pokemon scientists have been searching for for ages, a type that was needed in order to explain why certain things work or something (that may sound pretty vague though, I kind of just made something up on the go. It could be anything).

Maybe it's a bit of wishful thinking and my love for science talking, but if a new type is introduced then I think it will have some kind of scientific story behind it.

Back
Top Bottom