• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

I still don't think the type boxes are revealing much. I feel like they just used pink since its Sylveon's main color, and to keep its type hidden longer. If it is say, rock, they aren't gonna give it a brown box and give the type away.

I still don't think the type boxes are revealing much. I feel like they just used pink since its Sylveon's main color, and to keep its type hidden longer. If it is say, rock, they aren't gonna give it a brown box and give the type away.

My spontaneous thought is that they would simply use a white box for it then, but as Eevee's type box is white (which seems to represent Normal) it makes me think that they might be up to something.

BTW, did they revealed something on Pokémon Smash!? Or the next week? Or the next year? Or the next era? eh.....?

I'm not sure if this has been already said but here are the possible types considering what has been used:

Fighting, Flying, Poison, Ground, Rock, Bug, Dragon, Ghost, Dark, Steel.

If this comes from gamefaqs, I'll believe it. Gamefaqs is notorious for an exception to the rule, and I'd love to see it happen again. Froakie the Wizard sounds awesome also. Some crazy info about the legends though, too much going on/

Yeah, I've seen quite a few rumors be true from there.

If they don't reveal its type before some new Pokemon, we can keep an eye out for the other things they mention.

If it was, say, Rock-type, then it would be coloured as such. Eeveelutions are all coloured in accordance to their type, or as closely as possible; it's a fact, and an attribute of the Eevee-line. I doubt Sylveon is an exception, either. As such I'm sure that its type is a reflection of its colour palette, and in turn the type box is related to its colour, meaning that its type is something new.

However, on the other hand, if the type box is in relation to the colour of the Eeveelution then the colour pink being used should be expected; if the colour blue or white had been used (Sylveon's other two colours) then the fan base would settle with the assumption that it is in fact a Flying-type or a Normal-type, respectfully. Game Freak wouldn't make it this easy, and I'm sure they want us to pull our hair out over this.

Ultimately it's a double-edge sword. The presentation of Sylveon has clearly been thought through.

As I said, the starters which also use this method of presentation change the body glow to the proper type colors for the type boxes, which means they could easily use nothing for the type box to still get us excited. Using pink was obvious as a choice to hint something.

Yeah I saw that thread a few weeks back and the guy even trips up in a few places (says there's no evolution of older pokemon then later says there is an eeveelution). I'd take it all with a pinch of salt until it's proved true (so mid-March will be the point, since he lists what information we'll get in March and if we don't get it then he's lying... but I think he's lying anyway so eh).

Originally Posted by BanetteWobbtuffet
I'm not sure if this has been already said but here are the possible types considering what has been used:

Fighting, Flying, Poison, Ground, Rock, Bug, Dragon, Ghost, Dark, Steel.

Yes and I said it.
Okay, Rock and Steel Types typically have something rocky or metallic about them. And Umbreon is Dark Type!
You can't claim my favorite Pokemon(Wobbuffet) and then insult it! Wobbuffet is in the ubers tier for a reason you know!

Last edited:

He actually sounds pretty legit to me, though sometimes it's surprising how convincing liars and trollers can be. I am choosing to hesitantly believe it, and inevitably we'll see anyway. I'm seriously interested in a jackal or Anubis-like Fennekin evolution. I think when Sylveon's type is revealed we'll get a clearer picture of how accurate those 'leaks' are.

Also, we already have Anubis and his name is Lucario.
This is hilarious, by the way.

I don't think anyone thought a theoretical dolphin pokemon would have a clown motif, though. O_O That's the sort of wierd-ass thing that's too ridiculous to be faked.

Though, you know. It could still be fake.

Those rumours sound somewhat fan-fuelled to me.

The rumour about the region being divided into North & South is quite interesting, though.

You people actually believe it? : Ask a Creative Designer Anything - Pokemon X Message Board for 3DS - GameFAQs

Thats the entire original topic I believe, I have not read all of it but seriously, theres no way Game Freak could let all that info leak so soon. Also, we already have Anubis and his name is Lucario.

Implying GF sent someone to spread rumors...

Could be just an employee leaking info by his own, without GF's allowance. You can say anything behind a nickname. Even more if it's just "Anonymous".

About Anubis, it doesn't matter. Actually, there's no relation between Anubis and Lucario, other than appearance. Anubis is the lord of the Dead, has a "dark" origin. Lucario should be Dark or Ghost in that case. However Lucario is so related with light, it evolves only during day.... And even if there's a link... many mythical beings are "repeated", for example both Ninetales and Zoroark are based after kitsune. And there's Dragon... a whole type created after just a mythical creature.

Well, I'm not choosing to "believe" the rumors, neither "not believe". I just saved the pic into my desktop, to check in the future if this was true or not.

I remember people were convinced Lucario was supposed to be Anubis because it learns Bone Rush and, well, duh, Anubis throws bones at people because he's the Lord of the Dead.

Back
Top Bottom