• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

We'll know soon if "Buggler and Chryscross" turn out to be real or not lol

By the very very slim chance that list might be legit in some way, there appears to be no Pokemon Z or third version equivalent to Yveltal/Xerneas on it, but thats not a real problem thanks to DLC which I hope Game Freak actually does decide to do this Gen. Having the third mascot (or sequel hook) catchable in-game really does need to stop if they truly want to showcase it in new ways aside from the now overdone "OMG its a new forme!" gimmick.

Aside from the names (Garbarge LOL Really? Really?! XD & Houndoomed? You don't say...) the list isn't really that bad.

The worst Gen V name is definitely Tranquill. I mean, did they even try? Wtf. Then again, we have epic names like Haxorus and Volcarona.

We'll know soon if "Buggler and Chryscross" turn out to be real or not lol

By the very very slim chance that list might be legit in some way, there appears to be no Pokemon Z or third version equivalent to Yveltal/Xerneas on it, but thats not a real problem thanks to DLC which I hope Game Freak actually does decide to do this Gen. Having the third mascot (or sequel hook) catchable in-game really does need to stop if they truly want to showcase it in new ways aside from the now overdone "OMG its a new forme!" gimmick.

Aside from the names (Garbarge LOL Really? Really?! XD & Houndoomed? You don't say...) the list isn't really that bad.
That's the one thing that would make me curious about the list. Third Legendaries and the usual trios could be introduced through DLC with substantial plot updates including areas or NPC's, and could give the region a non restrictive feel to it by giving us areas outside its map borders or on seemingly empty parts of the map. What I'm getting at is that I would somewhat want this part of the rumor to be an actual thing of the game. Not the rumor itself, but certain parts make sense.

As others have said, if this list were real, it's obvious that there's probably going to be at least 3-5 Legendaries as pure DLC. We'll see March 15th.

There is no way this list is real.

'Bubbaboom' - that's just taken from that fanart of the massive, spherical Froakie final evolution.

'Terrarapa' - A grass/ground type with a name this similar to Torterra?

'Flyby'nyte' and 'Koalossus' - Pandering to people who are desperate for a Farfetch'd and Torkoal evolution.

'Throhem', 'Sawkem'? 'Snowmanitan'? Come on!

The worst Gen V name is definitely Tranquill. I mean, did they even try? Wtf. Then again, we have epic names like Haxorus and Volcarona.
The top worst names?
Mankey. Just changing one letter doesn't make it legit.
Seel. See above.
Mr. Mime. We get it. It's a mime and it's your adoptive father.
Horsea. What a 2 year old would call a horse.
Shelmet. Smashing 2 words together doesn't make it a new word. Or DOES IT?
Gurrdurr. Nuff said.
Not saying you're a Genwunner, just throwing some of my personal worst names out there.
OK, now.
I would like to see another Pokemon that's man-made. We're getting into a sciencish theme (chromosomes) and I'm pretty sure that Xerneas and Yveltal are not natural. Porygon isn't enough. Is Rotom man-made? Well, that's only 2.

Actually, would Gamefreak even have the list of Pokemon, names and all, finalized at this point? There's still eight months until release. ._.

Actually, would Gamefreak even have the list of Pokemon, names and all, finalized at this point? There's still eight months until release. ._.
I was wondering this myself. I'm sure they'd have quite a few pokemon at this point, but an entire list this early with types and pokedex numbers seems kinda iffy.

I imagine that Pokemon are probably finished up earlier than some of the other parts of the game, like...Basculin is a Pokemon that was created late in development, according to interviews, yet was also a pre-release Pokemon.

I was wondering this myself. I'm sure they'd have quite a few pokemon at this point, but an entire list this early with types and pokedex numbers seems kinda iffy.

IIRC it didn't have all the names, particularly with the legendaries (referring to the card suit 4).

Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

I want more dragons, but not pseudo- or legendary dragons. We need more Pokémon like Altaria, Flygon, Druddigon.
It is about time for Game Freak give us a Dragon/Bug Pokémon.

Hell to the Yeah for the Bug/Dragon!!! Altough, it'd be hard for it not to resemble Flygon :/

Really hoping for some good bugs, particularily a water one. Hopin' Froakie will be good physical, and Think Sylveon will be a new type or if not, flying, just on looks, can't say for sure.

Re: Gen VI Pokemon Speculation Thread

I want more dragons, but not pseudo- or legendary dragons. We need more Pokémon like Altaria, Flygon, Druddigon.
It is about time for Game Freak give us a Dragon/Bug Pokémon.

Hell to the Yeah for the Bug/Dragon!!! Altough, it'd be hard for it not to resemble Flygon :/

i've so been waiting for a bug/dragon. and yeah flygon is just about the closest thing [bug egg group] and yanmega if it evolved could be bug/dragon but it would probably be op if it's stats went up anymore or gained access to an eviolite lol.

but i sooo want a bug/dragon.

I would like to see another Pokemon that's man-made. We're getting into a sciencish theme (chromosomes) and I'm pretty sure that Xerneas and Yveltal are not natural. Porygon isn't enough. Is Rotom man-made? Well, that's only 2.

Hoping for the same. It would definitely fit.

For Sylveon, I didn't vote...mainly because I am so torn between Normal and "New"/Light type. The least possible, imo, would be flying, though I won't count it out completely. I am almosting wanting the Light type at this point just to shake things up. But I'd be okay with whatever it is as it's SO. DARN. HUGGABLE.

Really like all the Pokes that they have revealed so far. Yveltal's design kind of freaked me out at first...though I can't pin down just why. But, when taking the 3D play into account, he'll be an amazing addition. In fact, I feel the 3D will give them possibly some Poke options that they maybe didn't want to bring out before as 2D couldn't bring the right "life" to it. I dunno. I just have a really great feeling from what we have been shown about what is coming next.

Hoping for the same. It would definitely fit.

For Sylveon, I didn't vote...mainly because I am so torn between Normal and "New"/Light type. The least possible, imo, would be flying, though I won't count it out completely. I am almosting wanting the Light type at this point just to shake things up. But I'd be okay with whatever it is as it's SO. DARN. HUGGABLE.

Really like all the Pokes that they have revealed so far. Yveltal's design kind of freaked me out at first...though I can't pin down just why. But, when taking the 3D play into account, he'll be an amazing addition. In fact, I feel the 3D will give them possibly some Poke options that they maybe didn't want to bring out before as 2D couldn't bring the right "life" to it. I dunno. I just have a really great feeling from what we have been shown about what is coming next.
Poison, Rock, and Ground are the least likely. Sylveon could at least levitate, or manipulate wind. I mean, how can Doduo and Dotrio fly?
I wouldn't hope for a Light type.
As soon as you type/think of/write an idea, the universe will be altered so that idea will NEVER HAPPEN.
Seriously, I should add that to my signature.

I don't get the new "Light" type shenanigans. They don't make any sense! What powers would Light have? If Psychic is already strong against Dark, Dark would just have another weakness. And what would it be weak to?

Poison, Rock, and Ground are the least likely. Sylveon could at least levitate, or manipulate wind. I mean, how can Doduo and Dotrio fly?
As soon as you type/think of/write an idea, the universe will be altered so that idea will NEVER HAPPEN.

I should have clarified. I mainly just look at Normal, New, and Flying types as possibilities for Sylveon. As in I don't consider Poison, Rock, Ground, etc. I consider Flying, it is just the last thing that I see Sylveon being out of the three possibilities.

I don't get the new "Light" type shenanigans. They don't make any sense! What powers would Light have? If Psychic is already strong against Dark, Dark would just have another weakness. And what would it be weak to?

I can't speak for everyone, but for me it is just excitement. It doesn't necessarily have to be "Light," I personally prefer the term "Fairy" as a lot of Pokemon can be lumped into that typing. But I just think it's an interesting proposition, especially since Sylveon is so different from what we have previously seen. To me, as stated, Flying doesn't make much sense. It's just personal opinion. To be rather blunt, I'm lame at the types and being creative with moves and types and all...so I have to go back to it's excitement.

Sylveon is going to be a new type. I can put money on it. I've already said, it resembles no existing type! EVERY SINGLE ONE of Eevee's existing evolutions looks exactly like the type it represents! Sylveon doesn't look like any of that, but instead a feline Chansey. It's going to be a new type.

As for Light being a type, here's my guesses to it's battle capabilities.
Defensively: (-weak to, +resistant to, [] no affect)
-Rock
-Ghost
+Fire
+Electric
[]Dark

Offensively:
-Ground
-Rock
-Grass
+Dark
+Ghost

They could introduce a new ability for grass types called 'photosynthesis' where light type attacks heal you. Sunny Day could work for fire and light types, and could become a light type move.

Sylveon instantly struck me as normal we had fairy and light moves and pokemon for since gen 1 making them a type now would be ridiculous because it has already been defined as not a type. The reason why it looks so different is that other things can make it different from Eevee besides type more speed special moves maybe it being a female exclusive evolution.

I should have clarified. I mainly just look at Normal, New, and Flying types as possibilities for Sylveon. As in I don't consider Poison, Rock, Ground, etc. I consider Flying, it is just the last thing that I see Sylveon being out of the three possibilities.

I can't speak for everyone, but for me it is just excitement. It doesn't necessarily have to be "Light," I personally prefer the term "Fairy" as a lot of Pokemon can be lumped into that typing. But I just think it's an interesting proposition, especially since Sylveon is so different from what we have previously seen. To me, as stated, Flying doesn't make much sense. It's just personal opinion. To be rather blunt, I'm lame at the types and being creative with moves and types and all...so I have to go back to it's excitement.
I'm honestly all for any type as long as it's some sort of element. Fairy and Light just don't really seem original anymore. Light could have made sense, but as soon as some idea becomes popular, Pokemon won't use it. Read the third line of my signature.
Fairy... just no.
Light is more likely, but only by default.
Dark is supposed to be Evil Type in Japan, but there was a translation error.
I don't see any evidence of Light type. There's a lot of proof for Normal and Flying, but no Light type proof other than "it would be good to promote the new type".
Don't get me wrong, I want a new type. Just do it in Generation 7, or later in the Generation 6, OK?

Back
Top Bottom