• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Like I said in the Pokemon Smash thread, the new Mewtwo-that-isn't-Mewtwo could be a baby Mewtwo, since (at least, I think) it looks physically smaller and younger than Mewtwo.
There had been a baby Mewtwo in the prologue of Mewtwo Strikes Back. So this... it looks like a Mewthree thingy...

It's something my theme guy would obviously love, but I don't. It's...its... ._. It'll probably take some time for me to get used to it.

But anyways, looks like a Mewthree or so.

That's true, but then again, the anime hasn't always been super accurate. They could just retcon the earlier baby Mewtwo and replace it with this one (if they touch on that detail in the upcoming movie).

The new mewtwo rip off thing looks completley awfull, it looks like it belongs in dragonball z gamefreaks ideas have truely going down the drain along with any hope i had for the new generation.

The design of the Mewtwo form or whatever it's supposed to be is the only complaint I have with this generation so far. I like all of the other revealed Pokemon. Maybe I'll grow to be content with it (I don't think I'll ever actually like it), but right now, I'm not a fan.

Also, apparently, the official Japanese site changed the "???", which is in place of Sylveon's type, to pink. I wonder what that could mean.

I'm intrigued by Newtwo, though I don't like it. It's not a Pokémon that'll ever join my Chespin and I on our team. There's no need to complain like you're going to be forced to use it.

I'm pretty much completely indifferent about Mewtwo to be honest. I don't love it but I don't hate it either.

But so far there seems to be a trend of the Pokemon having hilariously huge heads.

I'm guessing that this new Pokémon is a second attempt at cloning Mew - although it has characteristics similar to Mewtwo, physically it does resemble Mew a lot more.

I personally like this new Pokémon.

I'm pretty much completely indifferent about Mewtwo to be honest. I don't love it but I don't hate it either.

But so far there seems to be a trend of the Pokemon having hilariously huge heads.
Love it,but it looks like they edited mewtwo

My feelings exactly. It's...new. And there. I don't hate it with my whole being and I'm sure that it'll have a great story with the whole genetics theme. Its design could be a lot worse. Will Newtwo be on my team? Probably not. But, on the whole, I'm just like "Okay. It's alright."

Sort of disappointed with no new Eeveelution, but, hey, it's something new at last. And it does interest me with the possibility that Team Rocket could be involved with the new region.

Between the super-long head, huge middle toes, and that... crown, Not-Mewtwo looks so strange. Then again, the actual Mewtwo's not much better. It has two necks!

Either way, probably interchangable from Mewtwo power-wise. Will catch, then box it forever, same as the first faker.

Oh, and if it's name really is Mewthree, I'm going to laugh my butt off.

My feelings exactly. It's...new. And there. I don't hate it with my whole being and I'm sure that it'll have a great story with the whole genetics theme. Its design could be a lot worse. Will Newtwo be on my team? Probably not. But, on the whole, I'm just like "Okay. It's alright."

Sort of disappointed with no new Eeveelution, but, hey, it's something new at last. And it does interest me with the possibility that Team Rocket could be involved with the new region.

There's a new Eeveelution, Sylveon...

And it's probably the new Team's attempts to clone Mewtwo, not to mention it's a way for Gamefreak to introduce Mewtwo to a new generation of kids. Myself, I like its design. I'd definitely have it on my team since it's going to be a Psychic type.

There's a new Eeveelution, Sylveon...

I meant in addition to Sylveon, as some had been speculating. I know of Sylveon.

And, speaking of Sylveon, the pink/color change is quite interesting. Not quite sure what to make of it yet, but hoping to hear more about the typing in the future.

The english site had the typing in pink for a while now. Also, given the title of the movie, I say "Awakened form" or something similar for Newtwo.

Gen VI: The Huge-Headed Generation.

I love this new Pokemon, he's adorable. x3 I love how so many people are whining. They need to relax.

I love this new Pokemon, he's adorable. x3 I love how so many people are whining. They need to relax.

People need to stop whining about others whining. Like I've already told you before, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Everyone allows you to have yours, so I expect you to give others the same courtesy. If people do not like the look of a new Pokemon, or a new forme, they have every right saying so.

No hell!! A new Mewtwo forme?? Totally unexpected and awesome. That's a rather nice surprise. I mean, who would have thought Mewtwo would recieve a new forme (or that a new Pokémon conenected to Mew and Metwo in any way would be introduced) a whoppin' five generations after its debut? And it looks cool to boot, loved the design.

I'm guessing that this new Pokémon is a second attempt at cloning Mew - although it has characteristics similar to Mewtwo, physically it does resemble Mew a lot more.

I personally like this new Pokémon.

I think exactly the same. If my theory about the chronology of the games (that every game takes place in the year they are released in real life) is true, which would put XY one year after B2W2, totalling 17 years since the original events of RGBY/FRLG (when Mewtwo was "born"), then it would be plausible that by this day, Mr./Dr. Fuji has passed away and with him, the process to create Mewtwo, so any new attempts to clone Mew would result in different results since different methods would be applied on the elusive Pokémon. And given that so many yeares have passed since Mewtwo's creation, techonology marches on and thus we (by 'we' I mean the people in the Pokémon world) now have better technology, so newer attempts to clone Mew would result in a closer resemblance to the original, hence why it resembles Mew closer than Mewtwo does.

That or it's an attempt to clone Mewtwo. In-universe, only ONE Mewtwo has been confirmed (the one created at Cinnabar Island that escaped to Cerulean Cave), so in order to have more Mewtwo (and given my hypothesis on Dr. Fuji in my previous paragraph), the only possible way would be to clone Mewtwo itself, but again something went wrong and the resulting Pokémon ended up being slightly different.

Because of all of these I think it could actually be called Mewthree (as in "the third different member in the Mew family", not "the third step in the family evolution [i.e. stronger tha M2]"), as ridiculous as it may sound now after so many years of using the nickname in cheap fanfics and wild theories.

Or, it could be just a new Mewtwo forme of course (the fused Kyuurems were originally advertised as new Pokémon rather than just new formes, weren't they?). But with all these theories, that would be less interesting.

All these theories about its origin make me wonder about its potential stats. So, we have the following possible scenarios:

- If it's just a new forme, I suppose it will have the same BST as Mewtwo, only redistributed. My guess is that in that case, it would be physically-based.
- If it's a new attempt to clone Mew, I guess it will have a higher BST than Mew, but lower than Mewtwo (so that Mewtwo still holds best and genwunners don't rage all over the place about Mewtwo being 'dethroned' by a cheap rip-off), although it could be that even in this case it has the same BST as Mewtwo (with the same distribution as pointed above).
- But if it's an actual attempt to clone Mewtwo (not Mew) and thus effectively being Mewthree as in "Mewtwo's successor", it could actually end up with higher stats than Metwo, which would put it on fused Kyurem-Arceus territory (correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC, those two are the only ones whose BST exceeds 680). Now THAT would be interesting. A physical based Mewtwo with higher stats? Yes please, although I know, many would find that broken.

Anyways, on another note, now with two of the new Pokémon being related to old Pokémon, I personally think this also means that, as every even-numbered generations, Gen VII will have tons of new evos, pre-evos and form(e)s.

----

EDIT:

On Sylveon, I really hoped they showed its type today. Too bad that didn't happen, although the coloring in the site makes me wonder, is it a hint to the muchrumoured new type? As long as it's not 'Light', I'm OK with that.

Last edited:

I think exactly the same. If my theory about the chronology of the games (that every game takes place in the year they are released in real life) is true, which would put XY one year after B2W2, totalling 17 years since the original events of RGBY/FRLG (when Mewtwo was "born"), then it would be plausible that by this day, Mr./Dr. Fuji has passed away and with him, the process to create Mewtwo, so any new attempts to clone Mew would result in different results since different methods would be applied on the elusive Pokémon.
How can every game take place in the year of its release? We know that the Johto and Sinnoh games are contemporary. If I had to guess, Black and White follow the Generation IV games by five years, which would place B2W2 10 years after Generation I.

Yes, Mr. Fuji isn't getting any younger. But whether or not Game Freak will bring him back isn't dependent on the timeline; he could easily be alive even 20 years after Generation I.

And given that so many yeares have passed since Mewtwo's creation, techonology marches on and thus we (by 'we' I mean the people in the Pokémon world) now have better technology, so newer attempts to clone Mew would result in a closer resemblance to the original, hence why it resembles Mew closer than Mewtwo does.
The purpose of Dr. Fuji's experiment wasn't to clone Mew. First of all, no cloning was involved; Mew gave birth to a baby which was taken to Cinnabar to have its genes spliced. The fact that Mewtwo ended up being so different from Mew wasn't an accident, although we don't know the exact circumstances behind it.

Or, it could be just a new Mewtwo forme of course (the fused Kyuurems were originally advertised as new Pokémon rather than just new formes, weren't they?). But with all these theories, that would be less interesting.
I beg to differ. In my opinion, Mewtwo becoming tamer and closer to Mew would be more interesting than anything involving a Mewthree. I would also think that Mewthree would have a more unique design to set it apart from both Mew and Mewtwo.

The updated movie poster leaves little doubt in mind that this is a Forme. If it were a different species, it would be shown alongside Mewtwo rather than taking its place. The movie title "Mewtwo Awakens" and the trailer saying that "we haven't seen the real Mewtwo yet" further imply that Mewtwo will transform.

Hmm, the Movie version of Mewtwo is so ingrained in culture that it doesn't surprise me that most people...myself included...often forget its much different origin in the games. I actually prefer the Movie's events, though, and honestly would not be bothered if they retconned the in-game story to be closer to it...in fact I'd actually prefer that.

I actually prefer the Movie's events, though, and honestly would not be bothered if they retconned the in-game story to be closer to it...in fact I'd actually prefer that.
It's too bad that there is no reason to think that will happen. FRLG and Emerald delved into the game story well after Movie 1's release.

Yeah, but I thought the Team Rocket Angle in the show and manga made the plot a bit cooler, and them cooler likewise. They could keep everything else the same, but just add that as the reason behind the experiment originally.

But anyways, so, the question remains...who impregnated Mew? Maybe THIS Pokemon is actually Mewtwo's father. :0

Back
Top Bottom