• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

This might help a bit more...not fan art, I simply opened the original picture up in Sai and traced over it in a different layer. Whatever it is, it seems to be sitting (like this)
Side by side
vdxJcIJ.png
with overlay
jJYalYl.gif

This might help a bit more...not fan art, I simply opened the original picture up in Sai and traced over it in a different layer. Whatever it is, it seems to be sitting (like this)
Side by side
vdxJcIJ.png
with overlay
jJYalYl.gif

yeah, that's what i was seeing. looks more like a potential female than prevo.

As an early-route Pokemon, Fletchling is eligible to become national Dex number 666. And it gets Flame Charge to go with it...

That looks like it could be Pidgey, but I'm sort of hoping it isn't, since if it is, it will probably show up early game. I don't want to be harassed by Pidgeys while I'm trying to catch my Fletchling.

As an early-route Pokemon, Fletchling is eligible to become national Dex number 666. And it gets Flame Charge to go with it...

I've got my fingers crossed that number 666 winds up being some kind of Bug/Dark Fly Pokemon with a Beelzebub(known as the Lord of the Flies) reference, lol.

you guys do realize that the number 666 has no relevance whatsoever in Japanese culture right?
so why would they purposely add something that is obviously against religion, when a lot of religious people already have enough against the game
you don't piss off the fan base 'nuff said

you guys do realize that the number 666 has no relevance whatsoever in Japanese culture right?
Well, they didn't exactly do anything about Lickitung (#108)....

I wouldn't mind if whichever Pokemon gets slot 666 is a fully evolved quadruped mammalian species (aka a "beast") just to make that sort of joke. Maybe Gogoat?

BTW, unless there's another Victini in G6, N#666 will also be regional Dex #17 so nobody will get the reference until the postgame.

Of course, you do realize that if they introduce more than 127 Pokemon to G6 then one of them will get the lucky number 777 right?

That looks like it could be Pidgey, but I'm sort of hoping it isn't, since if it is, it will probably show up early game. I don't want to be harassed by Pidgeys while I'm trying to catch my Fletchling.
This so much. That's the one complaint I had about Johto, your early routes were only half-populated by new-gen species. Your first routes should be filled exclusively with Mons from the new gen, because these are the ones the player will remember the most.

Last edited:

so why would they purposely add something that is obviously against religion, when a lot of religious people already have enough against the game

Yep, the number 666 is not only irrelevant to the Japanese culture, but for all non-religious people out there. Also, it seems that Game Freak avoid creating Pokémon related to Christianity and well, they are right, Nintendo had to change the freaking shield of Ocarina of Time because of complaints coming from religious people, I really doubt they would make a Pokémon related to the so called "number of the beast".

Wait! Are you kidding me?! What about the weather trio?! Are they not based of Levithan, Behemoth and Ziz?! Those are beasts of Jewish Legends. And Arceus is supposed to be a god! They changed it for the extremists but I doubt the the mark of the beast will upset anybody! They make a 666 joke on every American sitcom!

And Arceus is supposed to be a god!

Are you implying that there aren't gods in the Japanese culture?

What I mean is that Game Freak can't be afraid of extremists just because of a few blunders here and there. They're not afraid of refrencing gods so they shouldn't be afraid to refrence the mark of the beast!

What I mean is that Game Freak can't be afraid of extremists just because of a few blunders here and there. They're not afraid of refrencing gods so they shouldn't be afraid to refrence the mark of the beast!
It depends of the mythology they are using, really. They aren't afraid of using eastern religions and mythology as base for Pokémon or legends in the game, because the people there don't seem to give a flying squirrel about it. There are a lot of games that use stuff about eastern religions, but you hardly see a game referencing the Judeo-Christian mythology and well, the reason for that is quite obvious. It isn't about being afraid, it is about avoiding unnecessary trouble. There are tons of myths and legends out there, why use the so called number of the beast, when there is a probability of 99% that people will bitch about it?

And Arceus is supposed to be a god!

Are you implying that there aren't gods in the Japanese culture?

i think it's less they are afraid and more that...there is a good chance they don't know, or care. it is a little hard for westerners to imagine, but in japan, they are not christian, nothing is based on christianity, and they couldn't care less about god, jesus, or anything to do with religion at all. they mix and match religions from around the world for their own amusement and whatever it is needed for at the time (a christian-ish wedding with a fake priest played by a white actor, a buddhist burial, a shinto baptism). even their own 'religion', shinto, is just something they casually have and don't pay much attention to outside of its ancient history, now that we have science to explain how things work and no longer need to blame gods and vengeful spirits.

similar to how they made jynx look so blackface, and have other racial stereotypes now and again -- japan is pretty oblivious to racism and religion. the average japanese person does not see anything offensive or negative about either. this is not a "they are ignorant" sort of thing, it is just the way they are raised and the way their culture is. they themselves draw more buck-tooth squinty eyed salarymen in business suits than anybody in the entire world, because they think it is hilarious.

just some things to keep in mind when japan does things like that, in pokemon or in anything. they just don't think about it the same way an american might (i only say american because it is what i know about, i can't say much about any other country). if they do seemingly change something, or avoid a topic because of potentially offending someone's race or religion... it's probably because someone from outside of japan told them about it.

Well, they didn't exactly do anything about Lickitung (#108)....

I wouldn't mind if whichever Pokemon gets slot 666 is a fully evolved quadruped mammalian species (aka a "beast") just to make that sort of joke. Maybe Gogoat?

BTW, unless there's another Victini in G6, N#666 will also be regional Dex #17 so nobody will get the reference until the postgame.

Of course, you do realize that if they introduce more than 127 Pokemon to G6 then one of them will get the lucky number 777 right?

This so much. That's the one complaint I had about Johto, your early routes were only half-populated by new-gen species. Your first routes should be filled exclusively with Mons from the new gen, because these are the ones the player will remember the most.

Pokemon #666 is more likely to get some sort of reference than Pokemon #777. Although if there is a reference designed into Pokemon #666 then it will very likely be very, very subtle.

666 is pretty irrelevant...

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that 4 is the number that's more relevant in Japanese culture. 4 being affiliated with death.

The Japanese character for death and four being the same. (Shi)

Along with the afterlife being called the 4th dimension.

But I could be wrong... Either way, I don't think they'll make big deal about the 666 slot.

Call me crazy, but I think Helioptile may become Electric/Fire or Electric/Grass. The reason for this is that it absorbs solar energy in a way similar to photosynthesis, which supports the Grass part, and those solar rays support Fire. If it's an early game Pokemon, I can't possibly see how it'd become part Dragon-type, as those come later, typically. However, I doubt it would remain Electric/Normal, simply because a lizard Pokemon doesn't really seem like it'd be that type, especially once fully evolved.

Call me crazy, but I think Helioptile may become Electric/Fire or Electric/Grass. The reason for this is that it absorbs solar energy in a way similar to photosynthesis, which supports the Grass part, and those solar rays support Fire. If it's an early game Pokemon, I can't possibly see how it'd become part Dragon-type, as those come later, typically. However, I doubt it would remain Electric/Normal, simply because a lizard Pokemon doesn't really seem like it'd be that type, especially once fully evolved.

some say he will know color change, and change his normal typing to whatever he's hit with, which seems lizardy and might explain him being the only to have normal as a secondary type. just a theory i heard on serebii, what do you think?

all i know is helioptile has completely murdered entirely the concept of light type, at the very least XD

Back
Top Bottom